Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH, choose VPS SSD or VPS Cloud
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I want to use VPS for upload and download, i need speed and more stable, which one i shoud choose, please help me, thank all !

1. Choose VPS SSD or VPS Cloud in OVH.com ?28 votes
    1. VPS SSD
      57.14%
    2. VPS Cloud
      42.86%

Comments

• You should choose to leave LET.

• Doesn't really matter, get either one of them.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Cloud have better SLA and more dedicated resources. But more expensive.

• So what is the difference? I would assume VPS cloud uses NAS so probably a bit more I/O latency. Other than that is there much else that is different?

• sinsin Member
    edited January 2016

sman said: So what is the difference? I would assume VPS cloud uses NAS so probably a bit more I/O latency. Other than that is there much else that is different?

Yeah, the SSD VPS has local storage with a 2.4GHz core, the Cloud VPS has ceph-high availability storage with a 3GHz core and a SLA. I had both and they were both great but I dropped the Cloud for the regular SSD VPS because I didn't need the SLA (only time it's ever been down is when they had that 1 day outage at BHS).

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • if only for upload download, i prefer choose vps ssd :)

Thanked by 1vaotam
  • @kemang said:
    if only for upload download, i prefer choose vps ssd :)

Are you sure bro ?

• chrisfechrisfe Member
    edited January 2016

@vaotam said:
    I want to use VPS for upload and download, i need speed and more stable, which one i shoud choose, please help me, thank all !

I used OVH SSD VPS. It's really good but disk size is not enough for me.

• cheap 3 euro ovh vps is good enough to push 95mbit in/out simultaneously. running acd_cli and encfs and had no problem so far