Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combozo / stackvps / x3host Review: possible scam
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Combozo / stackvps / x3host Review: possible scam

nguyennguyen Member
edited August 2016 in Reviews

Actually, this article should be a complain instead. But I will write as much as i know when doing transaction with them.

I have wrote this to notify someone who want to get big RAM server with small price (here is Combozo with their plan 8GB Ram with 48$/yr).

• Homepate: very slowly (from Vietnam)
  • VPS control (SolusVM): they will take you to not secure web page (http://148.163.92.66:5353/). Easy for losing password
  • My case: Has a bad experience with combozo 8GB Ram (48$/yr).

I did try to use mysql to load mysq dump from other vps (mysqldump) but the disk performance is very bad. I do not want to argue then request them to cancel my service (in 12 hours after payment). However, they have reply that I had consumed the node and then delete my service. You can not even find a period or comma in their reply. Please take a look at my ticket thread with them

Look like a scam. I have lost my 48$.

Stay away from them.

Sorry for my bad English and bad mood.

Comments

• your ticket thread's pic is too small...can't read

• Sorry, I have take a full screenshot. Just click on it then you can see full resolution image.

• Hope you can see on this cropped version

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Auto-reply has gone bad... Really bad.

• Oh yes. And then boom, you lost all.

• You have tried to stop our node through your vps server and alot of members has complain about this problem and this against our rules

ask them @CoMBoZo for some proof, I kind of laughed when I read that. Btw the "auto-reply" makes my eyes hurt so much.

It's sad that you bite, 8GB RAM @ $48/Year means super duper crazy over selling, or cutting many corners to get you that price.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Thank you for your feedback.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

It is very hard to expect good service and good server with 48$ for 8GB RAM server. Unrealistic budget = no support.

Thanked by 1KamA
  • @Esdreel said:
    Thank you for your feedback.

Lol that pic brings back memories. Funny show

• bacloud said: It is very hard to expect good service and good server with 48$ for 8GB RAM server. Unrealistic budget = no support.

This is not a matter of no support. This is a matter of telling lies toy your client, to refuse the refund.
    How can a client shut down the whole node (!!!) by accessing his vps? Even if there is a way of doing that, that means combozo is selling extremely insecure virtual machines!
    When he asked for a refund, they "discovered" that OP was "trying" to stop the node! Yeah, right...
    Then, they changed their story by telling that they tried to discover who was causing high load and no mysql can do that.
    On the other hand, OP bought a whole year of service for testing? And then, he realized (?) that the plan does not fit ti his needs and he should search for a dedi, so he asked for refund? This is unethical. It is a different plan to find out that the service is not what they sold to you, and different buying this vm and change your mind, asking for refund. If every client bought a service for testing for a couple of days usage and then claimed his money back, every provider would go straight to bankraupt...

• Do a chargeback on the clown. (This show is the reason a lot of people from the late 60s - some of the 1980s are afraid of clowns)

Thanked by 1switsys
  • I was so ready for this. If a host can't use proper grammar AND doesn't bother improving, just shows how much they care.

Do a charge back, hopefully you win. Good luck.

Thanked by 2doughmanes ATHK
  • Please /deadpool! The list has been lonely for a while now...

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited January 2016

We want to inform you that we have taken notice of this thread Successfully, and we are working to reply here soon. And by, tHe waY: gRammar is 4 nazis,.!

• When we tried to find who is the reason of this high load we found your server no mysql data can do this or any server

• Jesus. H. Christ. Bozo is right. Someone blasted them on the name when they posted their first offer here. Seems it was quite fitting... Sorry you had trouble. Hit 'em with a charge back indeed and send the bozos a picture of your ballsack.

Thanked by 2doughmanes switsys
  • thagoat said: Jesus. H. Christ. Bozo is right. Someone blasted them on the name when they posted their first offer here.

Waves - I was one of them.

From the genius who brought you the VisaHosting auction.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/72391/auction-visahosting-dot-com-for-sale/p1

If your web hosting brand spells it name oUt LiKe THiS, run.

If your web hosting provider offers English primarily but doesn't understand what 'bozo' means, and how it would be detrimental to a brand name, run fast.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@namhuy said:

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • Honestly, this is the first time my deaf ears hear it.

Kris said: If your web hosting provider offers English primarily but doesn't understand what 'bozo' means, and how it would be detrimental to a brand name, run fast.

• If I'm reading this right the io was so bad he couldn't even get the MySQL loaded. Trying to load the dump nearly brought the node down.

• Tony20Tony20 Member
    edited January 2016

Rule #1 never buy or pay for yearly hosting service.

• BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

@Tony20 said:

That's not agreed. First try for one month...then if you love it, pay for 1 year.

• @Tony20 said:

• @Tony20 said:

I pay all of my services with Prometeus on a yearly basis. Just choose wisely (hihi, LET) who you throw your money at.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Tony20 said: Rule #1 never buy or pay for yearly hosting service.

In vps, I prefer a good deal with yearly billing. In one condition: the provider I chose for, is the provider I trust. Not some new, creepy, no reputation hosts.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Nguyen,

was using high cpu on our node and he is saying now we are scam !

All off you guys don't have have an experience with us like nguyen he was new with us and i'm sure he is not saying the truth !

our node is still fresh but we can't give him more cpu as we don't allow this number in the 8gb ram package !

• @Kris said:

We didn't sell our domain name " visahosting " and i bit you hadn't read the post their !

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

CoMBoZo said: Nguyen,

was using high cpu on our node and he is saying now we are scam !

All off you guys don't have have an experience with us like nguyen he was new with us and i'm sure he is not saying the truth !

our node is still fresh but we can't give him more cpu as we don't allow this number in the 8gb ram package !

Bullshit! Why would his load be so high if the node is "fresh" I bet is oversold to hell. Im telling you the load spike was from you clearly overselling or inability to manage the resources on the server! Give him his money back you clearly are a knob knocker!

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Hi Guys,

He is saying he was trying to upload a mysql that cause a high cpu load like that

please look at this picture !

You will know that he is not right in his saying !
    He is trying to prove that it's a mysql issue but we have received a notification from our DC that he is trying to send ddos-attacking to our server and the network !

+1 thing our paypal account got limited because of his transaction and about 1$k is on the account we are trying to resolve the issues with paypal because of him

Guys we are providing vps servers since 2 years we don't have issues with our clients just this one he is trying to lying and i'm sure he isn't saying the truth of what causes our server stopped .

That's all !