Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net - No free windows server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net - No free windows server?

Heya,
Does online.net not offer windows server 180 trial images? If not can one import them instead? Dont wanna pay for a windoes license just yet^^

Comments

• no they do not. you would need to install it yourself via kvm or via illegal methods supported by some on this forum.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I will try with KVM then. Will I loose much ressource power when using kvm?

• I could never get the Windows install to work on my Dedibox XC as the network driver would never work even when trying every single one available to me.

• @doughmanes said:
    I could never get the Windows install to work on my Dedibox XC as the network driver would never work even when trying every single one available to me.

Oh now thats a shame. Thanks for the feedback though!

• I tried every available option online from third party drivers to Supermicro's mobo ISO to the Addon-NIC ISO they had. I eventually gave up. You might have better luck. I tried this 4-6 months ago.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • keep them coming

LowEndHelpDesk

Thanked by 2doughmanes WHT
  • @tommy said:
    keep them coming

LowEndHelpDesk

Oh I will, dont you worry :)
    I can see that you are taking me for a noob, and guess what? I am not even gonna deny it
    However have you never started somewhere? Well I guess everyone has. And everyone was treated as a bloody noob at some point. Regardless how small my knowledge may be now one of the most amazing phenomens of us humans is our endless strive and potential to improve. I have already started to enroll in various courses to improve my knowledge and I will never grow tired of asking questions as I feel no shame in doing so. Laugh at me today, seriously have a good one! However some day in the future you may see me at some level of knowledge that may be equal to yours or even greater. There are proven concepts of improvement and one is ambitiously hard work which is what I am going for.

"There is no such thing as useless effort."

Thanked by 15n1p
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Ympker said: However have you never started somewhere?

We all have, and for me it was right here. Go through my old posts for hilarious stupidity. You are welcome here, keep it up :)

Thanked by 3Ympker luissousa bersy
  • @jarland said:
    We all have, and for me it was right here. Go through my old posts for hilarious stupidity. You are welcome here, keep it up :)

Haha guess I will be setting of to a similar path then :D I will definitly make myself comfortable hear so all of you please bear with me for the next years to come :)

• @jarland said:

People like this are people who keep the forum interesting. Remember @NickL? Yeah, he was some hilarious joke.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • It works well - I've tried once and no problems.