Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for some help with CSS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for some help with CSS

JonchunJonchun Member
edited January 2016 in Help

I'm working on a private project (mobile app) and want to achieve what should be simple, but isn't working right...

It has to do with vertical aligning text in the middle of a div while making the entire div clickable. I can use display: block to make the div clickable but that screws up vertical align. I can use display: flex to get vertical align working perfectly but then the div is no longer clickable. Is there a way to combine the two? If anyone wants to make a js fiddle, here's a text diagram of the layout i'm trying to achieve

-----------
           !
   50%     !
-----------
   25%     !
-----------
     !     !  <- 25%
-----------

I want each section to be a separate div that's clickable and have text that is centered horizontally and vertically. (The numbers listed are the heights of the divs in percentages)

In case you haven't noticed... yes I hate css... Thanks!

Comments

• @Jonchun said:
    I'm working on a private project (mobile app) and want to achieve what should be simple, but isn't working right...

It has to do with vertical aligning text in the middle of a div while making the entire div clickable. I can use display: block to make the div clickable but that screws up vertical align. I can use display: flex to get vertical align working perfectly but then the div is no longer clickable. Is there a way to combine the two? If anyone wants to make a js fiddle, here's a text diagram of the layout i'm trying to achieve

-----------
               !
       50%     !
    -----------
       25%     !
    -----------
         !     !  <- 25%
    -----------

I want each section to be a separate div that's clickable and have text that is centered horizontally and vertically. (The numbers listed are the heights of the divs in percentages)

In case you haven't noticed... yes I hate css... Thanks!

I have found http://zerosixthree.se/vertical-align-anything-with-just-3-lines-of-css/ quite useful.

Thanked by 2Jonchun raindog308
  • Will give that a shot tonight.

• Use bootstrap or some CSS framework....its lot easy to work with.....

• @noaman said:
    Use bootstrap or some CSS framework....its lot easy to work with.....

That's not an option in this scenario. However, I did figure it out so yay!
    Did something similar but hackish to what @ALinuxNinja suggested.