Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vpsdime 6GB RAM vps review?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

vpsdime 6GB RAM vps review?

i'm interested to buy damn cheap vpsdime 6GB RAM $7/m

has anyone been using the 6GB RAM product? may i know uptime and free vps benchmark result? which is the best location ? how about LA location?

Comments

• I used them and quit after a month. Performance and uptime are not good.

• I bought the VPS Dime from someone else as I wanted to try it. I have found it to be sluggish at times but other times quite okay.
    This is in LA. Uptime has always been good, had for almost one year and I can only remember it being down for a few min at a time.

System Info

Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5670 @ 2.93GHz
    CPU Cores : 4
    Frequency : 2933.450 MHz
    Memory : 6144 MB
    Swap : 0 MB
    Uptime : 143 days, 22:25,

Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel : 2.6.32-042stab094.7
    Hostname : server1.szh

Speedtest (IPv4 only)

Your public IPv4 is 23

Location Provider Speed
    CDN Cachefly 42.7MB/s

• nhocconannhocconan Member
    edited January 2016

Well, from one of my friend's box which I help to monitor:

Uptime (I restarted machine manually more than 3 months ago)

# uptime
     22:04:30 up 99 days, 13:19,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00

FreeVPS test:

# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    Benchmark started on Wed Jan 27 22:06:22 EST 2016
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
    -----------
    Processor   : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X5650  @ 2.67GHz
    CPU Cores   : 4
    Frequency   : 2666.804 MHz
    Memory      : 6144 MB
    Swap        : ZYXX MB
    Uptime      : 99 days, 13:21,

OS      : CentOS release 6.7 (Final)
    Arch        : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel      : 2.6.XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Hostname    : HIDE.HIDE.COM

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is IP4.IP4.IP4.IPv4

Location        Provider    Speed
    CDN         Cachefly    42.9MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US     Coloat      1.06MB/s 
    Dallas, TX, US      Softlayer   67.8MB/s 
    Seattle, WA, US     Softlayer   67.1MB/s 
    San Jose, CA, US    Softlayer   92.9MB/s 
    Washington, DC, US  Softlayer   32.5MB/s 

Tokyo, Japan        Linode      13.0MB/s 
    Singapore       Softlayer   11.3MB/s 

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net     6.92MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb    51.1MB/s 

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 151 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 104 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 118 MB/s
    Average I/O : 124.333 MB/s

Node is in LA. Generally, I can say that it is recommended.

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited January 2016

Don't have the benchmarks but their dallas location is considered to be their best.

Just stay within their TOS. Also dont get DDOS'ed

• DanDan Member

Its a decent VPS, good uptime, just don't try to do any kind of VOIP or latency sensitive services on it, had issues with continuous sub 1% packet loss that made VOIP annoying to use on VPSDime LA. Specifically between Wave Broadband, Centurylink, and Comcast connections I had issues, for things like a webserver it'd be great though

• I had a VPS with them in LA and the performance wasn't great. The ones in Dallas and NJ are excellent, though. Great uptime. Can't speak specifically for the 6GB plan but if you don't have an LA requirement, go with one of the other locations.

• Had one in Dallas for 2 or three years. Ran several small blogs and forums with no problems. I would still be using it but I started to downsize and consolidate into a few dedicated instead of multiple vps.

• Not VPSDime, but Winity (same management, different brand) is excellent.

• I give it 4 out of 5 stars. A truly solid value. Commission and credits paid on time all the time. My affiliate commissions more than pays for the servers. Up-time is as close to 100% as is possible. Clean network neighborhood. Not a lot of bots. I run 10's of wordpress sites on it and some forum/s. Good performance for my needs and a exceptional value.

I have ran some translation engines on multiple sites and the Admins there are very reasonable and good land lords to me thus far. PS did you know they offer offloaded MySQL for $1.00 - All you can east MySQL database sizes and as many instances as you need.

I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a VPS. Why 4 and not 5 stars? It is due to affiliate issues, but I am all in all pleased to be a partner with Sadiq and the crew @servian

• nockernocker Member
    edited January 2016

it's an unexpected that LA node is not good instead the others since the node located on quadranet and dallas located on incero

thanks for reviews

• my experience with them is, limitation is if loadtime 2s in 2hours the vps will be rebooted or suspended.

uptime and performance is good. only downtime in this month cause incero moving their hardware (forgot).

• utamautama Member
    edited January 2016

@andiklive said:
    my experience with them is, limitation is if loadtime 2s in 2hours the vps will be rebooted or suspended.

loadtime 2 second? can you elaborate?

• DanDan Member

@nocker I think its a quadranet specific issue, cause I used another VOIP PBX hosted in ColoCrossing Buffalo and had no packet loss or jitter issues surprisingly, and that was with me running a few VOIP IP Phone and softphone clients off it here in Seattle. Considering ColoCrossing's routing, I was very surprised that there weren't audio quality issues. Still, not gonna cheap out and go with them, need my IPv6 and sub 10ms latency to the avg. client.

I remember back with GVH and a few other summerhosts I tried in CC Buffalo, every packet would take a different route to reach its destination, resulting in a bit of additional jitter and the occasional packet loss,

• @utama said:

He meant load of 2 or more for 2 hours.

• ahh forgot about VPSDIME...