Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how does HostBillApp work exactly?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So how does HostBillApp work exactly?

So I have just found out about HostBillApp and saw that they are selling standalone versions with modules such as Virtualizor http://hostbillapp.com/products-services/virtualizor/ for as low as 99$ (one time). Does that mean I wont need a virtualizor license to use that? Kinda strange as virtualizor is on a monthly plan and they would loose quite some income this way eh? Also how does it work really? Do I setup the hostbillapp on my webserver and from there configure ssh keys to add possible ressource vps/dedicateds for my plans?

If anyone here has used hostbillapp and/or could give me some information this would be great :)

Is there any integration you can recommend for HostBill? Such as Virtualizor, SolusVM, Proxmox, DO, Vultr..

Best Integration for HostBill
  1. What is the best standalone integration for HostBillApp?6 votes
    1. Digital Ocean
        0.00%
    2. SolusVM
      33.33%
    3. OpenStack
        0.00%
    4. Proxmox
      33.33%
    5. Vultr
        0.00%
    6. Virtualizor
      33.33%

Comments

• HostBill is similiar to WHMCS in that they are both Hosting Management platforms. They are applications written to help manage a web hosting business. Hostbill has "plugins" or integrations, like you see for Promox, SolusVM, OnApp and so on. Those integrations cost extra for the plugin - it does not contain a license for the software. You can have the plugin but no license for the software.

We used Hostbill back in 2013-2014 and it was fantastic. We loved the SolusVM and Dedicated Server manager plugins -as well as the OnApp ones.

• @BBGNBrian said:
    HostBill is similiar to WHMCS in that they are both Hosting Management platforms. They are applications written to help manage a web hosting business. Hostbill has "plugins" or integrations, like you see for Promox, SolusVM, OnApp and so on. Those integrations cost extra for the plugin - it does not contain a license for the software. You can have the plugin but no license for the software.

We used Hostbill back in 2013-2014 and it was fantastic. We loved the SolusVM and Dedicated Server manager plugins -as well as the OnApp ones.

Thanks for the provided information :) so all i would need is e.g. one time virtualizor hostnill module + virtualizor license right? Where do i enter the virtualizor/solus license key then?

• Ympker said: Thanks for the provided information :) so all i would need is e.g. one time virtualizor hostnill module + virtualizor license right? Where do i enter the virtualizor/solus license key then?

You would also need Hostbill's licence which was around $999 the last time I checked. Add another $99 for the module.

• Aight :) thanks!

• hostbill is best in every aspect
    Virtualizor costs $99 one time but that is the price of the module not the actual Virtualizor license .

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • If I understand correctly, Hostbill is so much more expensive than WHMCS, but many providers are switching from WHMCS to Hostbill? Is it for security or some features? Or there's a special way to get discounted license for Hostbill?

@davidgestiondbi you switched from WHMCS to Hostbill, might wanna lighten me a bit? XD

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2016

@TheOnlyDK said:
    If I understand correctly, Hostbill is so much more expensive than WHMCS, but many providers are switching from WHMCS to Hostbill? Is it for security or some features? Or there's a special way to get discounted license for Hostbill?

davidgestiondbi you switched from WHMCS to Hostbill, might wanna lighten me a bit? XD

Cost a lot! Works amazingly well. More admin feature. Weekly update. Just use it!
    I don't really know what to tell. Ask if you have rapid question.

P.S: I was hesiting between Ubersmith and Hostbill. Finally take HB.

Regards, David

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK