Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH IP problem
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH IP problem

edited January 2016 in Help

I bought 4 IPs for dedicated server from OVH and it was showing - 64 prefixes (blocks of 1 IP min. and 256 IPs max.) , but now when I want to buy more IP (after purchasing 4 IPs), it shows that I am not allowed to buy more than 128 IPS. This is the message I am getting - 63 prefixes (blocks of 1 IP min. and 128 IPs max.). I am a newbie so please someone explain. I am planning to expand to 256 IPs but it doesn't let me purchase more than that.

Comments

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2016

maybe open a support ticket quickly with ovh?

did you bought more ip's before ?

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited January 2016

send a support ticket, justify your request.
    EDIT: oh yea, forget to mention, if you got any of those IPs blacklisted, there will be no more for you.

• I did open support request with them, waiting for their reply

• depending on location, you'll probably be advised soon.

• AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited January 2016

>

Your no longer can buy a /24 as you have brought a few IP's the largest you can now buy is a /25 (128), and make the rest of your IP allowance up from smaller IP blocks.

That is just telling you the max size of a block (prefix) you can buy up to the overal server limit.

• @AshleyUk said:
    Thanks for your reply. Does this mean that I have 6 blocks? If I buy 128 IPs, would I be able buy again 64 IPs?

• @AshleyUk said:
    That is just telling you the max size of a block (prefix) you can buy up to the overal server limit.

exactly! so maybe order 128 + 64 +32 +16 +8 +4 equals 252 which you have left. or do smaller blocks like 63 x 4, but remember you can't have more then 64 blocks overall.
    so if you ever order single IPs, you also have to order some larger blocks then 4 IPs if you want to max it out.

• >

Correct, if you brought a block of 128 IP's you would then have to buy the remaining 124 IP's in smaller blocks.

• Thanks for your help. I was getting worried I purchased an expensive dedicated server.