Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dacentec Refugee Offer: $20 E5420/$40 L5630 - 1 Month Free, Free IP Announcements
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dacentec Refugee Offer: $20 E5420/$40 L5630 - 1 Month Free, Free IP Announcements

mike0000mike0000 Member
edited January 2016 in Offers

Alright guys, a lot of you have been asking via PMs. Here's what Delimiter can do if you're looking for an alternative to Dacentec.

What makes Delimiter different:

• Every server comes with a gigabit network port as standard, on our truly redundant, low-latency network
  • Every server comes with its own dedicated KVM, no waiting, paying or hoping that one will be available when you really need it
  • Every server comes with new or as-new disks, we do not use 5 year old second-hand or refurbished disks
  • Every server has multiple power feeds, blade chassis are fed by two independent three phase supplies across 6 separate power modules
  • Every server is a branded HP server, not some hand-me-down from the latest Ebay liquidation

Deals for current Dacentec customers only
(must submit a current invoice as proof to [email protected] after ordering)

Free IP Announcements for Providers
All setup fees waived on all IP announcements. All that's required is a public VLAN at $5/month. Email [email protected] to set this up, mention this offer.

1 Month Free
Purchase any of the servers below on monthly, quarterly or yearly billing and we'll add 1 free month to your server's billing end date with proof of cancellation at Dacentec (must send within 14 days of receiving your new Delimiter server).

BL260c - Dual E5420
16GB Ram (24GB on yearly payments)
3 Drive Options (you pick): 1x1TB, 1x120GB SSD, 2x500GB HDD
10TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
1 IPv4 address
/64 IPv6 subnet (on request)
Dedicated ILO/KVM
Free Remote Power Management (on/off/reboot)
Free Automated Reinstall System

$20/month (paid monthly) - coupon below.
Annual orders get a free upgrade to 24GB ram.

• 1 Month Free with proof of cancellation (see deal terms).

Coupon Codes
Monthly: DacentecBL260Monthly
Quarterly: DacentecBL260Quarterly
Yearly: DacentecBL260Annual

Order Here
2x500GB HDD: https://cc.delimiter.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=103
120GB SSD: https://cc.delimiter.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=52
1TB HDD: https://cc.delimiter.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=14

SL170s - Dual L5630
24GB Ram (48GB on annual)
2TB HDD
20TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
1 IPv4 address
/64 IPv6 subnet (on request)
Dedicated ILO/KVM
Free Remote Power Management (on/off/reboot)
Free Automated Reinstall System

$40/month (paid monthly) - coupon below.
Annual orders get a free upgrade to 48GB ram.

• 1 Month Free with proof of cancellation (see deal terms).

Coupon Codes:
Monthly - DacentecSL170Monthly
Quarterly - DacentecSL170Quarterly
Annual - DacentecSL170Annual

Order Here: https://cc.delimiter.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=154

Deal Terms:
- Must submit proof that you are a current Dacentec customer after ordering to [email protected] along with your Delimiter order # - An invoice from your current billing period with information matching your order details is best.
- Free month of service added to any billing term with proof of cancellation (within 14 days of your new server being delivered). Must email proof of cancellation to [email protected] with Delimiter Order #

Delivery Times:
- Allow 1 business day for fraud checking.
- After completing fraud screening: Due to the nature of this deal, we expect 3-5 business days for server provisioning
- Add-ons/modifications to your order such as changes in ram, drives, software licenses or additional IPs will add a minimum of 1 business day to your provisioning time

Questions?
- Drop a comment or (best option) shoot an email to [email protected]

Thanked by 1steny

Comments

• Destroyed!

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited January 2016

I've got a VM with dacentec on a yearly basis, so I'm eligible.I'm interested in yer free month.I also have a dedi with delimiter.So basically, can you apply this to existing customers at both places? Especially on my existing server?

tldr i can't read.

• If it's open for non dacentec's refugee you will get more order

• @robohost said:
    If it's open for non dacentec's refugee you will get more order

Subscribe to our flash sales email list for normal offers, there's stuff on the horizon for everyone. http://offers.delimiter.com/flashsales/

• The price is not even close to the dacentec range for my server, 2x2TB for $20/mo.

Targeting on the wrong people, I'd say.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • If this would non refugee i would of bought about 5.

• @msg7086 said:
    The price is not even close to the dacentec range for my server, 2x2TB for $20/mo.

Targeting on the wrong people, I'd say.

We're not competing on specs like drive size, we're competing on quality. New drives vs refurbished. Quality, HP branded hardware vs whatever's cheap on eBay. Truly redundant power and a great network that doesn't go down weekly :)

• nhocconannhocconan Member
    edited January 2016

Well, as I can read the rules here:

• (1) Can order with current Dacentec invoice

• And (2) will receive 1 free month if cancel the current Dacentec service

--> so basically one with Dacentec invoice can order the $20/m service without cancel the current Dacentec one (of course will not receive 1 free month). Is it correct?

• mikeyur said: New drives vs refurbished

the drives i got where brand new from dacentec. and if delimiter provide brand new hard drives per customer that will be very expensive.

mikeyur said: Quality, HP branded hardware

They seem to use supermicro and HP and dell (which of good quality)

• @nhocconan said:
    --> so basically one with Dacentec invoice can order the $20/m service without cancel the current Dacentec one (of course will not receive 1 free month). Is it correct?

That's correct. You can order and get the deal price with a current Dacentec invoice, you don't need to claim the free month.

Thanked by 1nhocconan
  • @TarZZ92 said:
    and if delimiter provide brand new hard drives per customer that will be very expensive.

We do, and it is expensive. Only new or as-new drives (meaning no more than a few months old, still functioning as brand new).

It's one of the reasons we can discount annual payments so much, we know that the drive will be paid for - and not that someone's going to cancel at month 5-6 and we need to throw out a drive.

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited January 2016

@mikeyur

I'm glad you are doing this But

you can't match the service provided by dacentec any time soon they are great in support & what they do if you can assure that they will receive the same type of service &support from you guys then more people will sign up for yomura or whatever

and mocking the dacentec and other providers is not a professional thing to do people asked for a offer you have done that but be professional if you guys didn't change the attitude most people will take you guys a joke.

There is a hope that some body will truly explain who owns Yomura (Delimiter) pls explain that then lets mock others

don't mock them get your things on line.

Note:Things written above are just my opinion no more no less

Have a great day

Thanked by 2geekalot vimalware
  • I'm a bit confused, Delimiter = DelimiterVPS?

• @cassa said:
    I'm a bit confused, Delimiter = DelimiterVPS?

Correct. Dropped the VPS since we're a bit more dedi-focused than VPS nowadays

Thanked by 1cassa
  • @cassa said:
    I'm a bit confused, Delimiter = DelimiterVPS?

its some thing like Delimiter = DelimiterVPS = yomura =11111= 2222 = xyz =

• MadMad Member
    edited January 2016

Can you kindly remind us the location? Just to let the other ones know it as well.

Thank you :)

• @simonindia said:
    mikeyur

I'm glad you are doing this But

you can't match the service provided by dacentec any time soon they are great in support & what they do if you can assure that they will receive the same type of service &support from you guys then more people will sign up for yomura or whatever

I believe our support is what you should expect from a true unmanaged service. If you have a problem you'll get a quick resolution. If you're expecting us to help you through a cPanel install, it's not going to happen.

Our focus is on keeping your servers online, not writing fluffy support responses. Some people like the straight to the point approach, others don't. Unlike others, we don't feel the need to compensate with support to make up for shortcomings in our network, etc.

• @mikeyur said:

New drives vs refurbished.

Interesting point. Will you come out a low price similar to dacentec if I'm happy to take your 2-years old drive into my server?

• @andreamada said:
    Can you kindly remind us the location? Just to let the other ones know it as well.

Thank you :)

Hah. Fair point. These are all located in our Atlanta DC.

Thanked by 1Mad
  • @msg7086 said:
    Interesting point. Will you come out a low price similar to dacentec if I'm happy to take your 2-years old drive into my server?

I wouldn't be able to get that approved, no. We're gonna stick to the quality hardware :)

• @mikeyur said:
    I wouldn't be able to get that approved, no. We're gonna stick to the quality hardware :)

Alright, I'm out. Too expensive for refugees.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

mikeyur said: Purchase any of the servers below on monthly, quarterly or yearly billing and we'll add 1 free month to your server's billing end date with proof of cancellation at Dacentec (must send within 14 days of receiving your new Delimiter server).

Hilarious.

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@mikeyur can you really match @dacentec other than the written specs???

• gitresetgitreset Member
    edited January 2016

I pay $20 for 2x2TB. Would move if matched.

• @mikeyur said:
    That's correct. You can order and get the deal price with a current Dacentec invoice, you don't need to claim the free month.

Or just cancel the dacentec server, claim the free month, and then revoke the cancellation later. :)

• @boernd said:
    Or just cancel the dacentec server, claim the free month, and then revoke the cancellation later. :)

Loophole! :) If someone's that set on staying, I ain't going to stop them. This deal is meant for those who have been PM'ing/emailing me since I started looking for an alternative. If you like what you have then don't cancel it.

• @gitreset said:
    I pay $20 for 2x2TB. Would move if matched.

I pay $30 for 2x2tb and would definitely be there if that were matched... I mean there is clearly a reason why we're getting it so cheap... cough network/power outages cough

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited January 2016

You really throw out harddrives when a customer cancels their server? Seems like a waste

Why not start a budget brand using used hardware with cheaper prices?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • I like both Delimiter and Dacentec, I have servers with both, and I plan on keeping those servers with both. A few things from personal experience I think people should be aware of. Your mileage may vary. In 2 of the 3 servers I've had with Delimiter over the past 1 1/2 years I received disks that were a year or older and not new or like new. Set up time was typically between 1 - 2 weeks. Tickets can go unanswered for days or weeks, I was told this was due to an "error" if you will in their old billing panel, it's up to you to decide whether you believe that or not.

All of my issues were eventually resolved thanks to the hard working staff at Delimiter and @MarkTurner. For a budget provider they are great and I hope my experience from here on is positive. You just have to be patient.

As far as Dacentec goes, minus this outage today my experience has been positive. My server was set up in less than 12 hours. Put in a ticket to use a KVM and was ready to go in 5 minutes. Hopefully from here on out there can be less hiccups.

Thanked by 1mouwen