Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dacentec.com down - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dacentec.com down

Comments

• @GM2015 said:
    my 1 container with them:
    down 11:12

up 11:47

via uptimerobot

wow, you are so lucky.
    My server still down. more than 3 hours now. OMG

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

One of my servers is still down also, it's one of their RTO servers without a BBU so it probably didn't like the power pulled from it. Waiting for a KVM over IP now.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Singled homed Telia doesn't help though.

do you have promo for moving from them :D
    damn...

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited January 2016

dadiharta said: do you have promo for moving from them :D damn...

I'm sure @mikeyur has something up his sleeve

There you go: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/74141/dacentec-refugee-offer-20-e5420-40-l5630-1-month-free-free-ip-announcements

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

My highest uptime on dacentec

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

I did get a confirmation from Centrilogic that that there indeed is/was a power issue. I am not sure if it impacted the whole facility though, one of our routers went down, the other one was up however our peering with them to both of their routers were down.

The only two transit provider they have in their telco room in ATT and Charter and there are a couple of other fiber providers connecting to Atlanta and Charlotte I believe.

• @Netxons said:
    Hey Delimiter I can hear your laugh shhh.
    @dadiharta said:
    Hi Delimiter, where are you?
    We wait your best offer here. Let me move to you....
    I can not wait more.

Guys. I just got the green light from the big boss. I'll be announcing something shortly. It's 6:30 in the morning here, give me a few.

@0xdragon said:
    dacentecrefugees.com mikeyur

Did you check when that was registered and who to ;)

Thanked by 1shivoham
  • My 10$ yearly VPS is still down.

• my dedi died as well.
    finally had to set up my reboot cronjob.

• @mikeyur said:
    Did you check when that was registered and who to ;)

Lol- nice.

You should give me credit for "artistic representation" ;-)

• This aint a good sign

• armindsarminds Member, Host Rep

One of my servers still down, I needed a KVM an no response !!!!!

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Try booting it into rescue and then once in rescue do a shutdown -r now or a reboot. Should come back up after that or a power cycle is another option.

• Hosting a main site in the same datacentre...

• Rip my servers as well

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Our technicians have resolved the network and power issues that we have been experiencing at our Lenoir, North Carolina data center. All services have now been restored, and we are continuing to monitor our infrastructure to ensure further customer impact. Further information will be shared with all customers once all analysis is complete

To report any additional issues, please submit a ticket to [email protected].

• @miTgiB said:
    I get a warm happy feeling every time I see an outage at Dacentec and pat myself on the back to be 50 miles away in Charlotte

Rood

@Infinity580 said:
    Our technicians have resolved the network and power issues that we have been experiencing at our Lenoir, North Carolina data center. All services have now been restored, and we are continuing to monitor our infrastructure to ensure further customer impact. Further information will be shared with all customers once all analysis is complete

To report any additional issues, please submit a ticket to [email protected].

What was the root cause? And how didn't you take precautions?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited January 2016

Infinity580 said: we are continuing to monitor our infrastructure to ensure further customer impact.

Why would they want to "ensure" further customer impact.

• @arminds said:
    What was the root cause? And how didn't you take precautions?

@Infinity580 doesn't work for the company, he was just reposting the email that was sent out.

Thanked by 1arminds
  • Do they even have an SLA?

• Was there also a power outage on 1/15/2016?

• @NateN34 said:
    Was there also a power outage on 1/15/2016?

Not sure but mine was not effected.

2016-01-26 06:50:03 System  Device rebooted after 235 days, 16h 54m 55s
    2016-01-26 06:50:02 System  Device status changed to Up
    2016-01-26 06:05:02 System  Device status changed to Down

• As part of continuing outage restoration efforts.  Dacentec will be performing emergency maintenance on a core piece of networking equipment.  Customers may experience intermittent packet loss as dynamic protocols reconverge during this activity.

State Date/Time of Maintenance: January 26th, 2016 at 4:45 EST

We will send a notification once the maintenance is complete.

And Mine still hasn't been up at all :-(

• @AutoSnipe said:
    And Mine still hasn't been up at all :-(

Three of the four I have there came back up, one still hasn't and its one of the older Opteron 1385's. Guess its time for a ticket.

Now I am unable to ping some IPs assigned to one of the servers which came up. I believe they are having a network issue now.

• edited January 2016

@arminds said:
    Now I am unable to ping some IPs assigned to one of the servers which came up. I believe they are having a network issue now.

That's an understatement.

The PL and latency is so high that my SSH sessions keep on crapping themselves.

Thanked by 1arminds
  • SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

Yep, the network is messed up right now, high Telia packet loss as well for me.

• edited January 2016

The more fun thing is that there is a VM running a router on the dedicated server.

I can't turn it off because everything keeps on flaping, so I had to drop my links via the two other routers -_-

Unfortunately, that kills the management utilities (salt) that are hosted on the server as well. Half of my internal networks and servers are now down due to connectivity issues and/or unusable due to flapping due to them attempting to route through the router -_-

Edit:

Seems to be getting fixed now...

This discussion has been closed.