Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TapaTalk for LET
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TapaTalk for LET

chinmoychinmoy Member
edited January 2013 in General

Enabling Tapatalk (http://www.tapatalk.com/) on LET would be great. The admin just needs to activate their plugin and register and its done. I've set up tapatalk for SMF boards and it was super painless. Installing for vanilla seems to be very easy as well. http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=van

Tapatalk would really help to browse LET on mobile devices which I think many will find very useful.

Comments

• @chinmoy said: Enabling Tapatalk (http://www.tapatalk.com/) on LET would be great.

Dude, we can't even get the thanks button back........

• @miTgiB said: @chinmoy said: Enabling Tapatalk (http://www.tapatalk.com/) on LET would be great.

Dude, we can't even get the thanks button back........

I was just talking about that with someone over instant messenger.

• Lol, LET mobile version is already good enough

• @miTgiB said: Dude, we can't even get the thanks button back........

Oh! Well.......

• buy a computer

• chinmoychinmoy Member
    edited January 2013

@joodle said: Lol, LET mobile version is already good enough

Have you used Tapatalk? I'm sure the mobile version is good, but tapatalk makes foruming really smooth on mobile. Maybe its just me :(

@gubbyte said: buy a computer

How about you donate yours? :D

• @chinmoy said: How about you donate yours?

I am not going to pay for an app just to browse forums :D

• @chinmoy said: How about you donate yours? :D

I'm not a charity

• @NHRoel said: I am not going to pay for an app just to browse forums :D

Omg, i didn't even knew you had to pay for this app...
    Just use the browser on your phone, cost nothing

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited January 2013

@joodle said: @NHRoel said: I am not going to pay for an app just to browse forums :D

Omg, i didn't even knew you had to pay for this app...

Just use the browser on your phone, cost nothing

OMG I didn't know you had to pay for VPS Hosting @ CloudShards - just go to freevps.us and get a free vps server, cost nothing.

• Is it necessary? Not really. Would it be useful to some people? Sure. I have Tapatalk on my phone and so do a lot of other people. If you think the current mobile version is fine, no one is going to force you to install Tapatalk on your phone, but at least making it an option just makes good sense to me.

• @Corey said: OMG I didn't know you had to pay for VPS Hosting @ CloudShards - just go to freevps.us and get a free vps server, cost nothing.

What does VPS has to do with 3rd party forum app that you don't need?

• @NHRoel said: What does VPS has to do with 3rd party forum app that you don't need?

Senseless bashing. There are free apps out there, so I really don't get the point of @Corey's comment.

• @joodle said: Lol, LET mobile version is already good enough

It is far from good enough. Unless I am dumb (which is possible here). There is no way to get to page x using the mobile version.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited January 2013

@concerto49 said: Senseless bashing. There are free apps out there, so I really don't get the point of @Corey's comment.

@NHRoel said: What does VPS has to do with 3rd party forum app that you don't need?

The part where there are free vps out there as well - not senseless bashing.

It appears some people prefer the features and ease of use on tapatalk but are instead told to use the free browser mobile edition.

It appears that some people prefer the features of a paid vps but are never told to instead use the free vps from freevps.us from your company @concerto49

(I apologize if joodle isn't authorized to represent your company - he has your company in his signature.)

• @Corey said: The part where there are free vps out there as well - not senseless bashing.

Never knew freevps.us gives out vps to everyone or people can get as many vps they want.

• @NHRoel said: @Corey said: The part where there are free vps out there as well - not senseless bashing.

Never knew freevps.us gives out vps to everyone or people can get as many vps they want.

That is actually a part of the argument on paid vs free. So let me rephrase that into this situation.

'Never knew lowendtalk mobile edition lets you go to page X with ease'.

• @ShardHost said: There is no way to get to page x using the mobile version.

Didn't know that haha
    I don't look at old threads though :)

• oh god what is going on in this thread

• @joodle said: Didn't know that haha

I don't look at old threads though :)

I meant of a long thread. You have to keep scrolling.

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited January 2013

@ShardHost said: I meant of a long thread. You have to keep scrolling.

Oh like that, opera browser has a nice option that once you scroll down you can tap a button wich lets you go all the way down the page

• @Corey said: 'Never knew lowendtalk mobile edition lets you go to page X with ease'.

Why does it even matter?

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited January 2013

@NHRoel said: @Corey said: 'Never knew lowendtalk mobile edition lets you go to page X with ease'.

Why does it even matter?

The entire thread here is about tapatalk for LET and people telling him to just use the free browser version - that is why it matters.

• @Corey said: t appears that some people prefer the features of a paid vps but are never told to instead use the free vps from freevps.us from your company @concerto49

(I apologize if joodle isn't authorized to represent your company - he has your company in his signature.)

How did it even get to that? Reading his posts all he said was he didn't know there was a cost to the app and that using the browser version was free. Did he say he preferred the app but did not want to pay?

You are drawing conclusions because you know how this app works. How can you make assumptions that everyone has knowledge of it at the same level?

What does a signature mean? If I have Google in my signature does that mean I represent them? Regardless of he does or he doesn't - don't draw conclusions.

• @joodle said: Oh like that, opera browser has a nice option that once you scroll down you can tap a button wich lets you go all the way down the page

That won't work either. You need to click a 'load more replies' link each time to load more and more

• @ShardHost said: That won't work either. You need to click a 'load more replies' link each time to load more and more

Huh, it just keeps loading for me... i'm on Android 4.0, dunno if it's different on other versions, or iOS

• It keeps loading here also, tough Tapatalk is much better. If it would be possible it would be great, but it isn't really necesserily.

• chinmoychinmoy Member
    edited January 2013

@gubbyte said: I'm not a charity

Thanks. I have a desktop and a netbook. But since you assumed that I don't have any computer, I figured I would ask.

Guys, seeing how nice tapatalk is, I thought it would be nice to have it enabled here, thats all. Many seems to be happy with the mobile version, fine. Maybe it is. But the app makes it really nice and you can manage all your forum accounts(which has tapatalk. And most popular forums has tapatalk) from one place. Makes foruming easy when you have some free time and posting a bit on this forum and a bit on that forum.

And nice experience/service doesn't always come free. Over 1 million users paid for Tapatalk so far. Some will be happy to spare a dollar to get the job done easily and some will rather have crappy experience than sparing a dollar. I guess its strictly personal.

I think the mods should close this thread.

• @concerto49 said: How did it even get to that? Reading his posts all he said was he didn't know there was a cost to the app and that using the browser version was free. Did he say he preferred the app but did not want to pay?

You are drawing conclusions because you know how this app works. How can you make assumptions that everyone has knowledge of it at the same level?

What does a signature mean? If I have Google in my signature does that mean I represent them? Regardless of he does or he doesn't - don't draw conclusions.

I don't know how this app works. I've never used it. Just defending the OP.

• mojedamojeda Member
    edited January 2013

If TapaTalk is enabled make sure to get rid of the javascript file that pops up a message when browsing the forum from a mobile device to go buy Tapatalk.

I have Tapatalk, but I'm sure this would piss people off, and rightfully so.