Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bug in vzquota with OVZ 2.6.32-042stab112.15 kernel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bug in vzquota with OVZ 2.6.32-042stab112.15 kernel

active8active8 Member
edited January 2016 in General

I don't know if anyone have this problem , but my Directadmin freaks out because a disk quota problem, this suddenly began a day ago.

After contacting the provider they start to add quota to my VPS but it didn't help

I made a search on this and noticed a bug in the 2.6.32-042stab112.15 kernel which introduce this problem

https://bugs.openvz.org/browse/OVZ-6655

But now my provider don't want to update to the latest version 042stab113.12 because it is too new version, so i now have problems with the disk quota's i cant fix

Do i have any other options ?

Comments

• ktkt Member, Host Rep

No "other" options other than waiting for your host to update it when available or getting them to roll back to a working kernel which isn't ideal.

042stab113.12 which fixes this has not been released yet.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Move to a Xen or KVM host so you can run your own kernel, or wait a few weeks, or turn off quotas in DA and script something to manually check and alert you, about all you can do.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

If I'm not mistaken, 112.15 is fine. That bug cropped up in 113.11. We saw it firsthand when we booted a node into 113.11 the other day :/ Went back to 112.15 and it was immediately fixed.

• smansman Member
    edited January 2016

I run 112.15 with no problems but nobody is using cpanel on it as far as I know.

@AnthonySmith said:
    Move to a Xen or KVM host so you can run your own kernel, or wait a few weeks, or turn off quotas in DA and script something to manually check and alert you, about all you can do.

Yea just change a node to another type of virtualization because bugs never happen with other types of virtualization and changing virtualization just because of 1 bug is so simple and practical.

Awesome advice.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited January 2016

@sman said:
    Yea just change a node to another type of virtualization because bugs never happen with other types of virtualization and changing virtualization just because of 1 bug is so simple and practical.

>

Awesome advice.

Actually he gave multiple answers, only one of which was to change to another virtualisation type.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2016

sman said: Yea just change a node to another type of virtualization because bugs never happen with other types of virtualization and changing virtualization just because of 1 bug is so simple and practical.

Awesome advice.

I meant from an individual client perspective which is what the @OP is, obviously I am not suggesting the host changes the node virt type just because of a kernel bug that affects quotas in DA... that would be completely ridiculous.

I am simply saying if he does not want to be affected by this sort of thing he could use a host or the same host on a different virt type, that was all you cynical monkey!