Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Windows Server Licenses?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Windows Server Licenses?

MikaeelZAMikaeelZA Member, Host Rep

As the title states, where can I get a cheap windows server license

Comments

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

If you are planning to use it on a dedicated server, the only legal option is to purchase it through the Microsoft SPLA. You can sign up with a provider like Insight or, if your host offers it, purchase it through your host. Most hosts offer it to their customers at or near the license cost.

• OVH allows you to input your own SPLA licenses, any windows server license works...

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@EphemeralEclipse said:
    OVH allows you to input your own SPLA licenses, any windows server license works...

Hm? SPLA? On someonelses hardware? Good luck.

• just putting down what I have been using for 2 years.... you choose what you wish to believe

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2016

@EphemeralEclipse said:
    just putting down what I have been using for 2 years.... you choose what you wish to believe

Believe? These are legal contracts. You don't believe in them, you read them.

• cheap windows

Microsoft and cheap don't and won't come together. Of course it'd be another story if you're referring to physical windows...

• @Clouvider said:
    Believe? These are legal contracts. You don't believe in them, you read them.

Dude I'm just saying it's doable... as in you CAN get it working... whether you do is your prerogative... no need to get pissy over some statement of facts...

• I can do this, PM me :)