Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SUGGEST Storage server unlimited bandwith?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SUGGEST Storage server unlimited bandwith?

Hello, i'm searching for a Storage server to put Owncloud on. I think Unlimited bandwith is the thing i need. Price between 5 - 15$.
I though about Kimsufi, they have unlimited bandwith and quite alot of storage.

Please suggest me more!

Poll not found

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member
      edited January 2016

They don't have unlimited bandwidth. They have unmetered bandwith. That's a different thing. May I ask whether you are really sure to need 32 TB+ per month? What kind of OwnCloud installation and usage should that be? I run an OwnCloud instance for 20+ users and would never, ever come close to that consumption. By the way: Your budget for 100 Mbps unmetered is piss poor and will not leave you with many options besides kimsufi.

• @ThomLSA @time4vps has their 2TB storage plan with generous 8TB transfer rate-limited to 400Mbps.

My first time posting an affiliate link on LET: http://www.time4vps.eu/aff.php?aff=405&gid=5

A yearly vps with hardware RAID6, might make more sense for an Owncloud installation, as opposed to a single-disk Kimsufi . (96 euros for 2 years of 2TB disk is a STEAL)

Thanked by 1Amitz
    • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I agree with @vimalware, Time4VPS storage servers are great for the price. You won't get true unlimited bandwidth for $10.

• vimalware said: has their 2TB storage plan with generous 8TB transfer rate-limited to 400Mbps

With insane IOPS limits based on OVZ.... no thx

• @William said:
      With insane IOPS limits based on OVZ.... no thx

Mine is capped (200-250)/100 : read/write IOPS.

That's your typical HDD vps from 2012/13.

I wouldn't run a Database app on it, but it does fine for serving large original JPEGs for my family. (I'm guessing the 2GB page-caching helps somewhat)

Thanked by 1Amitz
    • i83i83 Member
      edited January 2016

How much storage space do you need?

We offer unmetered ports and could do a custom package based around your needs.