Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone use the vps of budgetvds.com?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anyone use the vps of budgetvds.com?

jsfoxjsfox Member
edited January 2013 in Providers

I wonder if anyone use the vps of budgetvds.com, the 75% OFF recurring price is so cheap, especially if pay annually, but I've found their domain will expire at Jan 26, perhaps have high risks to buy their vps? and this provider seems not many reviews can be found by Google...

Comments

• budgetvds.com doesnt even work here?

• Looks like robert who used to own hosting-shack maybe?

• I have a RS-VPS1in NL.

Works excellent!

Hosting a CSS server on it atm.

• rfoster1087rfoster1087 Member
    edited January 2013

@ Joodle, you might have been banned by our firewall if you like PM your IP an I'll double check this for you. @2khost HI, Johnathan yes it's me the old owner of hosting-shack.com. I can verify Nevil, does have an account with us.

@Jsfox
    Our domain name is set on auto renew, there no need to worry about it as it will not expire.

• Aww I wanted NL but it is out of stock :(

• Site won't load for me.

• won't load for me either.

Access using VPN with OpenDNS as resolver.

• I'm requesting all users to being making a backup of there site, I've decided to close out BudgetVDS due to personal issue / Receiving Death Threats from an EX Members of BudgetVDS they know whom they're I've decided to take this necessary action has my life is more important then working on servers at this moment I'm an fear of my life those whom paid yearly/monthly will received a refund around Feb 27th, 2013. Closed Due to personal issues / Death Threats.

that is what the website says now

• @enitan092 said: I'm requesting all users to being making a backup of there site, I've decided to close out BudgetVDS due to personal issue / Receiving Death Threats from an EX Members of BudgetVDS they know whom they're I've decided to take this necessary action has my life is more important then working on servers at this moment I'm an fear of my life those whom paid yearly/monthly will received a refund around Feb 27th, 2013. Closed Due to personal issues / Death Threats.

wow

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Well on the positive side the servers didn't just get turned off without warning so you have a chance for backup. But that seems really lame of an excuse.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@shovenose said: But that seems really lame of an excuse.

I am not sure, if they offer refunds too, time to backup and move, what can be done more ?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@Maounique certainly kudos to them for not just parking their domain and cancelling the servers without any notice. But still...

• i thought it was defaced because the site have been attacked alot in the past.

i already started backing up

• flyfly Member
    edited February 2013

@enitan092 said: I'm requesting all users to being making a backup of there site, I've decided to close out BudgetVDS due to personal issue / Receiving Death Threats from an EX Members of BudgetVDS they know whom they're I've decided to take this necessary action has my life is more important then working on servers at this moment I'm an fear of my life those whom paid yearly/monthly will received a refund around Feb 27th, 2013. Closed Due to personal issues / Death Threats.

death threats?

thats hard core

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2013

@enitan092 said: the site have been attacked alot in the past.

@fly said: death threats

This is really sad :(

• I want my refund now! :(

• @Ruriko said: I want my refund now! :(

Asking for it here is probably not gonna achieve anything. Best bet would be to just contact them directly.

• @Victor what if I already did try to email but did not get a response for 2days

• @Ruriko said: @Victor what if I already did try to email but did not get a response for 2days

Try this number, +1.2145746557 . It was listed on the whois, not sure if it's a real number, but worth a try.

• For those whom have been unable to contact me, this is cause our main email server is down due to issues with VPS6.net I've to restore WHMCS/Email server. As VPS6.net main provider whom VPS6 was with had there Chicago servers located at decided to close out there business in run. I've to go through the last backup we had which was the same-day our main server went down. If you haven't received a refund from us yet please email me at [email protected].

For those located on the server NY-2 the server is activated until Feb 27th, 2013
    For those located on the LA1 & LA2 those servers are also still online at this moment.
    For those located on TX & NL those servers already have been closed out.

Very sorry about the delay of responding here. The our main site BudgetVDS should be back online on Monday, as I've been very busy lately we just got our new account information from VPS6.net.

@Ruriko: email me at [email protected] so I can verify that you were a client of ours to ensure we haven't refund you already, I just to double check to make sure we don't double send you a refund.

The only thing offline is our SolusVM cause of the on-going issues with VPS6.net however users are still able to login to there servers to make backups.

• This is why private whois is added security.

• @kro said: This is why private whois is added security.

And yet my thread on trying to push for ban on private whois was closed without a clear indication, simply because someone mentioned that we should leave the choice to the consumers...

• I've also not received any refund.

• It's now the 27th and I didn't get my refund like they said it should be auto paid by the 27th...

• jsfoxjsfox Member

although already sent him an email a week ago, but still not received any refund

• Well your only option is dispute a claim with paypal

• cxbizcxbiz Member

although already sent him an email tow days ago, but still not received any refund( $28 )

• @Ruriko said: Well your only option is dispute a claim with paypal

Not directly related to budgedvds.com, but a cautionary anecdote: the first time (and only time I ever had to) I tried to dispute a payment to a hosting company with PayPal was in late 2012. When I called PayPal, the CSR was sympathetic, but said that I couldn't do it through PayPal because it was not a payment for a physical item and that I should initiate a chargeback through my credit card company. He said that if I did that, PayPal would take care of it for me. One week later, I received an email saying that my PayPal account was permanently limited without any chance of appeal (my account had been verified for several years and I had been using it pretty much only to buy crap off of eBay). Calling them just confirmed it.

• @user123 said: Not directly related to budgedvds.com, but a cautionary anecdote: the first time (and only time I ever had to) I tried to dispute a payment to a hosting company with PayPal was in late 2012. When I called PayPal, the CSR was sympathetic, but said that I couldn't do it through PayPal because it was not a payment for a physical item and that I should initiate a chargeback through my credit card company. He said that if I did that, PayPal would take care of it for me. One week later, I received an email saying that my PayPal account was permanently limited without any chance of appeal (my account had been verified for several years and I had been using it pretty much only to buy crap off of eBay). Calling them just confirmed it.

Paypal is like Burst or Stablehost in the payment gateway industry, once they get big enough, they stick everything to the rules and just don't care about individual circumstances anymore.