Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nexhost Dallas Node closing down (25th of Jan)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nexhost Dallas Node closing down (25th of Jan)

Well, I haven't seen the virtualizor for my Nexhost KVM's hosted in Dallas in a while so today I put a ticket in asking about it. The response I received -

Hi,

Services in Dallas will be removed on the 25th of this month. and we will issue prorated refunds to everyone effected.

Jordan Mckeag
CEO / L3 Tech
NexHost

>

Comments

• Poor Jordan has had so many issues from the purchase of NexHost...

• @ATHK said:
    Poor Jordan has had so many issues from the purchase of NexHost...

From an outsider perspective... most of them were his fault though so...

Thanked by 2yomero TheLinuxBug
  • BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

You would think they would have sent out an email before hand instead of you having to open a ticket up.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • I know you have KVM services but I've got 8+ months uptime with Xen in Dallas with BudgetVM for anybody looking for reliable services.

• @CenTexHosting said:
    You would think they would have sent out an email before hand instead of you having to open a ticket up.

This is LET. That's not how we do things around here boy!

• @CenTexHosting said:

Apparently he doesn't like mass mailing clients...

• @ATHK said:
    Apparently he doesn't like mass mailing clients...

Yeah, the risk of getting blacklisted by spamhaus and maybe on the drop list, no thank you lol.

• RizRiz Member
    edited January 2016

I had high hopes at first with the take over, but I'm beginning to lose faith. This whole "no notifications" deal with a host doesn't work in general, for anyone wondering.

For the price I pay, I can hardly complain about the service, but they are becoming very unreliable. I don't think anyone can really compete with what Mark started offering.

• @Riz said:
    I don't think anyone can really compete with what Mark started offering.

I'm not sure what's going on, maybe Jordan didn't like Marks setup and tried to change that? Maybe he didn't like the providers he was with and switched?

All I know is it went down hill, and if the GlobalFrag fiasco is anything to get by I'd say it'll just get worse..

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited January 2016

ATHK said: Poor Jordan has had so many issues from the purchase of NexHost...

Not really a lot of issues that I'm aware of. apart from dropping some unsustainable services.

Riz said: For the price I pay, I can hardly complain about the service, but they are becoming very unreliable.

Nothing has changed apart from that we have dropped Dallas & Seattle Yearly Plans. There is no way to back it without incurring debt. Nothing has changed I don't see how it's anymore less more reliable since the take over.

Riz said: I don't think anyone can really compete with what Mark started offering.

And what compete with someone who took money for a yearly service that was clearly unsustainable. with clients getting VPS at $2 year with a IP. why would we want to compete with someone who run a unsustainable business model.

ATHK said: All I know is it went down hill, and if the GlobalFrag fiasco is anything to get by I'd say it'll just get worse..

Complaining about not getting what I am paying for. and dealing with it over several months. everyone has a right to be frustrated at a provider. And what Fiasco?

ATHK said: All I know is it went down hill, and if the GlobalFrag fiasco is anything to get by I'd say it'll just get worse..

How will it get worse? Same exact service that has been offered in LA before the take over has been provided by us. We are actually improving the service by moving to Colocated Hardware and Buying E3 Server for NAT Products. NexHost won't drop services without some kind of warning we will take specific precautions to ensure clients get Data. but this is a couple $ year service we are dealing with tickets faster and running it better then it was before.

Riz said: I had high hopes at first with the take over, but I'm beginning to lose faith. This whole "no notifications" deal with a host doesn't work in general, for anyone wondering.

Announcement via Forums and most clients alerted of the changes to come.

@CenTexHosting said:

Services in Dallas was removed last month we completely turned the Location offline. but we extended it for another month. and informed clients via Ticket. And any effected clients are aware that it will be pulled on the 25th of this month. if not then I'll happily supply them a image of the backup.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited January 2016

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited January 2016

@MCHPhil said:

This was pulled offline last week while we moved our site due to a Flood taking it out.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited January 2016

Riz said: Well, I haven't seen the virtualizor for my Nexhost KVM's hosted in Dallas in a while so today I put a ticket in asking about it. The response I received -

You can access virtualizor via the following URL https://104.194.207.194:4083/ sorry for not Including this. I remember before I was going back to attend to it. but something else took my attention.

• And why you haven't announced that via a mail to the affected customers?

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited January 2016

@yomero said:
    And why you haven't announced that via a mail to the affected customers?

Because we don't mass email clients. we put status up to alert people and give warning. such as with Dallas we turned everyone offline before the 25th and when people asked for a explanation we told people that the service would be terminated on 25th of December. but as that was Christmas day we extended it further since take over we have told clients we have no intention of keeping Dallas.

30 days notice + a extra notice was given. before the take over services was dumped without any warning.

• RizRiz Member

I don't really pay attention to the billing panel... If service is good, then I have no reason to look at it on a yearly plan. I'm probably just like quite a few others here.

This email, was the first time at all that I had heard of TX closing down. Taking down service to notify people is far from the correct way of communication.

I can tell you have good intentions, and are always prompt to respond - which is much appreciated, but I do feel that there is a lot of miscommunication going on.

• Riz said: I can tell you have good intentions, and are always prompt to respond - which is much appreciated, but I do feel that there is a lot of miscommunication going on.

Have you not noticed the service going offline without coming back online. and not questioned it I can account more then 1 occasion where this has been done.. I'm not trying to be rude here. but this is a cheap yearly product. we are taking precautions when we take it offline to give data back to clients involved. and alerting clients by pulling the services if this was in the past Services would of been ditched without any kind of warning just like with the NAT Services.

The response you got is not perfect. but depends on the specific time and the workload as I said I forgot to update you with the IP and tell you to grab a backup.

When taking over NexHost it has been incurring a lot of cost and debt that was transferred over. and we have also had to buy Hardware to accommodate some of the services in Seattle. so we have no option but to pull it offline. as it's not sustainable.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@NexHost When the refund will be processed ??

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited January 2016

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    NexHost When the refund will be processed ??

Bump Ticket depends on PayPal Hold Limit got about $260 and still some bills to pay. we are processing some refunds and doing rest next month.

• @NexHost said:
    without some kind of warning

But you don't .. Mass email clients for God sake.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited January 2016

@ATHK said:

We gave notice by turning the services offline and responding to tickets as they came in informing clients and give a warning for over a month on the Forums and stated this on LET in another big thread that Dallas won't be running after a certain date.. same as this client he got a notice. last owner would ditch services without any warning.

@ATHK said:

Maybe My Previous thread was about his not doing Mass Mailing :v

@NexHost said:
    Bump Ticket depends on PayPal Hold Limit got about $260 and still some bills to pay. we are processing some refunds and doing rest next month.

Will I bump ticket ??

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2016

@NexHost said:
    We gave notice by turning the services offline

Just like that you declared the entire operation a joke. I'm sorry but that's all it can be if you consider that a valid notification technique. Buying service from NexHost can be taken no more seriously than a one night stand. Something you did one night when you were drunk that never amounted to anything of value. It can never be production.

I want to believe in you my friend. Do better. Seriously, go do better. If that means shutting down NexHost, actually send notifications, give proper warning, and do it. I'll even help you type the letter. Don't drag your name down with the operation if it is unsustainable. This is honest and sincere advice, I'm not trying to be mean at all.

• @jarland said:
    Don't drag your name down with the operation if it is unsustainable.

After the recent threads I think it might be a tad late for that. Aside from that small problem though, your advice is sound.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited January 2016

jarland said: Just like that you declared the entire operation a joke. I'm sorry but that's all it can be if you consider that a valid notification technique. Buying service from NexHost can be taken no more seriously than a one night stand. Something you did one night when you were drunk that never amounted to anything of value. It can never be production.

I have gone ahead and mass emailed everyone about the closure of our Dallas Location.

These are yearly services we try our best they are somewhat suitable for Production use. but I'd don't advise using them for Production use as they are low cost yearly services these ones are all below $4 year with Dedicated IP. any of our monthly paying services are stable for Production use.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

This is NOT a PIE approved provider!

Thanked by 2ATHK Jonchun
  • Do you plan on continuing the EGG LA plans?

• @NexHost Don't listen to the crap, you're doing a good job.

Thanked by 2NexHost Trigold
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited January 2016

@PieNotEvenEaten said:
    This is NOT a PIE approved provider!

OK?

@black said:
    Do you plan on continuing the EGG LA plans?

Yes we are upgrading the Hardware soon.