Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare and webmail leads to SORRY! - Any Fixes?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare and webmail leads to SORRY! - Any Fixes?

I'm using cloudflare and shared hosting, but webmail.domain.com leads to the Default Web Site Page and not webmail. Anyone know how to fix it, via cloudflare DNS i put the shared IP as the A name destination.>

Comments

• Did you add the subdomain in cPanel?

• No i did not, it's all done via cloudflare. I only have one other subdomain and it's not webmail.

• What kind of webmail is it, standalone solution or via WHM/cPanel? If the latter of the two you would prefix it, as such: domain.tld:2096.
    You might have to setup a reverse proxy as well, or just a CNAME. Either way should work fine.

• @UnitUnidentified said:
    No i did not, it's all done via cloudflare. I only have one other subdomain and it's not webmail.

So once Cloudflare points webmail.domain.com -> shared hosting IP, how is cPanel/the server supposed to know what to do with webmail.domain.com?

The default is to just point everything to the web root folder I believe

• @hostnoob said:
    The default is to just point everything to the web root folder I believe

cPanel by default creates the webmail.domain.com subdomain in Simple/Advanced DNS. Therefore by default it should go there.

• @UnitUnidentified said:
    cPanel by default creates the webmail.domain.com subdomain in Simple/Advanced DNS. Therefore by default it should go there.

Ah, OK. No idea then

• UnitUnidentified said: I only have one other subdomain and it's not webmail.

If you are doing it manually via the CF account then make sure you have an entry in the DNS for webmail. You should be able to grab what the host expects the DNS to be under Advanced DNS or similar in the cPanel account. Copy those required into CF.

• Are you using flexible ssl? If so that could be the reason. Try turning off ssl or using full (not strict if you don't have a valid cert, and just self sign one for webmail.your domain).

• Also Cloudflare only permits certain ports threw its network

• Can not reverse proxy anything but port 80 and 443.

• GCatGCat Member
    edited January 2016

@pcfreak30 said:
    Can not reverse proxy anything but port 80 and 443.

Not true. They added more ports

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200169156-Which-ports-will-CloudFlare-work-with-

• Leads me to this /cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

• Do you have proxy and rewrite enabled in EasyApache?

• Do you have Flexible or Full SSL enabled? If so, CloudFlare may be connecting to an SSL site that's not setup yet.