Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which low end dedi has best upload speed?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which low end dedi has best upload speed?

JMackeyJMackey Member
edited January 2016 in Providers

Hello,

Which low end dedi's have best upload speed? The current company I am with has a 1gbps connection, but best I can get is 6mb/s upload? A lot of these providers have a no refund policy, so... How do I figure out the upload speed before I spend money?

Also, anyone who has multiple dedi's can tell me which one they have is best from the low end providers here?

Comments

• Name & Shame

• cociucociu Member
    edited January 2016

normaly you can buy the most cheap vps , test and lather buy the dedi , and second you can ask for 1 hour test

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Read the reviews? or ask for Trial?

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Name & Shame

Before we play that game, I'd like him to clarify "best I can get is 6mb/s upload" - to where? Antarctica? Something on the same switch?

Thanked by 2GM2015 Nyr
  • i have a feeling he is talking about torrent upload speed

• @belinik said:
    i have a feeling he is talking about torrent upload speed

yes, private torrents

• Online.net

• JMackey said: The current company I am with has a 1gbps connection, but best I can get is 6mb/s upload? A lot of these providers have a no refund policy, so... How do I figure out the upload speed before I spend money?

They have no refund policies because over the past few days, we've seen some folks who should know better not understand how packet loss works including not being able to read a MTR report.

You'll do OK with Online if you're doing torrents. Transferring data to other locations is hit and miss depending on time. I've got a Plex server that can be fast or slow when I'm transferring data from Online to the Plex server in a Miami location.

• online.net
    Internet bandwidth guaranteed Premium 200 Mbit/s

kimsufi
    100 Mbit/s

but even on an OVH VPS I always got 100mbps. Here's a speedtest from Online.net to OVH (since most people on private tracers use OVH seedboxes)

• hostnoob said: but even on an OVH VPS I always got 100mbps

OVH VPS is limited to 100Mbps

• you can reach about 40megabyte/s upload speed running rtorrent on a simple 1,99 euro kide.

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited January 2016

There's some Dedibox XCs remaining but don't forget the setup fee...

http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-xc

• @doughmanes said:

yeah that's what I mean. it's 100mbps but I always got the full speed, so I'm assuming you will on a Kimsufi box too, whereas with others they might say 100mbps but you won't get that