Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DigitalOcean now offers double the memory and SSD on all plans :D - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DigitalOcean now offers double the memory and SSD on all plans :D

Comments

• Yes, I haven't had any issues during my time with them. Support is quite fast, too.

Im stil in doubt for digital ocean and prometeus. Currently I will go with DO because they got unl. Bandwith and on a 1gb port.

• I just asked the support, and they've added the $20 credit to my account. I just have to verify using my cc.

• Hmm.. I paid $5 with paypal and the coupon was accepted but all I see is the $1.25 credit nothing else..

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2013

@earl submit support ticket with the subject “SSDBEAR20”.

In order to get the $20 credit, please point your domain to our name servers and register your account with a valid credit card.

You can see how to set that up here:
    https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-set-up-a-host-name-with-digitalocean
    We will then apply a $20 credi.
    We can accept PayPal as a valid form of payment so just submit a $5 payment and we will credit you an additional $20.
    Thanks,
    DigitalOcean Support

• earlearl Member
    edited January 2013

Yeah I put in a ticket already just waiting for an answer.. I did not realize you still have to put in you CC info even after you pay with paypal! or am I reading that wrong?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2013

@earl said: I did not realize you still have to put in you CC info even after you pay with paypal!

No, you don't need to. It's either CC or little deposit with paypal. So in worst case they will want some domain pointed to their nameservers.

• @Spirit

Ahh.. Ok, I will wait for them to reply then Thanks.

• Did anyone else find their account to be inactive after depositing funds? My deposit doesn't show and if I try to create a droplet I get the message 'your account is inactive'. I've raised a support ticket, but haven't heard anything back yet.

• The billing page is updated every 24 hours as far as I know.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2013

@kamalnasser said: The billing page is updated every 24 hours as far as I know.

A bit more often I think. It took around 3 hours for me to see $6.25 credited and then another few hours to see $26.25

• Hmm Support sure does take a while to answer

• I destroyed a droplet few hours ago. It is still active in my account. lol.

Will check again after few hours.

• @earl said: Hmm Support sure does take a while to answer

They're humans. It's still 6AM in New York, they go to office at 8AM.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2013

@kamalnasser said: They're humans. It's still 6AM in New York, they go to office at 8AM.

Cut the b/s, a provider of their scale either runs 24/7 support, or they deserve every bit of suffering, bad publicity and negative feedback for not having it (but I think they do).

• Support usually run 24 hours but billing usually only work hour. So far, I never come across any LEB billing department running 24 hour by human.

• @kamalnasser

Well it's been a while that I paid $5/month for a VPS so I was having high expectations!! but even my $1/month VPS's I normally get a reply in less that 1/2 hour..

• @Nick_A said: So you guys are telling me you'd be happy with SSD speed under 400MB/s? I need to stop putting so much into my hardware then :/

No. Please go on, Nick! ;-)

• Great now their webpage won't even load, I'm getting a "The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.Please try again later. "

• @rm_ said: "to credit" is to add money.

to remove money is "charge".

You're right. I just woke up, sorry about my Engrish!

• I can see 26.25 now after depositing $5 a few hours ago

• Anyone else having issues getting IPTables to work with them?
    FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/3.2.0-23-virtual/modules.dep: No such file or directory
    iptables v1.4.12: can't initialize iptables table `filter': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
    Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

This is on Ubuntu 12.04 Server 64 bit.

• My account is created now, just took several hours for them to do something. Website's dead for me from the UK though.

• earlearl Member
    edited January 2013

Well they never replied to my ticket but my account was credited with amount owing.. took about 2-3 hours

• Still loading fine for me. I think I will give it a chance.

• Used the 20 dollar coupon code but didn't get it, I did however give them 5 dollar with paypal which doesnt show up on my balance either. FML :D

Waiting for support.

Now I just need to think about how I will exploit this unmetered stuff.

• Just dont make them to make the unmetered metered...

@ztec said: Now I just need to think about how I will exploit this unmetered stuff.

• ztecztec Member
    edited January 2013

@Shamli said: Just dont make them to make the unmetered metered...

I'll try to hold myself back a little :P

Well support helped me out, I had to add one of my domains to their nameservers to prove I wasn't an abuser. I guess it looked like that when I created a support ticket basically 2 minutes after I created an account and made a payment.

I can give a tip to some people that still have to create their account; dont use Chrome, the promocode field doesn't respond in Chrome. At least it didn't for me. :)

• haha...good...=)

@ztec said: I'll try to hold myself back a little :P

• ztecztec Member
    edited January 2013

I got my droplet setup in the region of Amsterdam, and my connection is just a couple of KM away from Amsterdam but my average ping is 102ms, which is pretty much an impossible ping if it's really hosted in The Netherlands...

• I got a nice 15ms ping from Amsterdam, I'm living in the netherlands tough. Are you sure your vps is located in Amsterdam and not New York?