Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need 3 Page design sliced in 3 hours for $120
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need 3 Page design sliced in 3 hours for $120

Comments

• Are you wanting to rip their design?..
    Also, the second image is too low resolution to work with

• @Andre said: Are you wanting to rip their design?..

Also, the second image is too low resolution to work with

Who is they? I had this custom made, and I have the PSD's for this.

• @Corey said: Who is they? I had this custom made, and I have the PSD's for this.

I am confused then - why are you supplying 2 screenshots rather than the PSD, and have one screenshot at a very low resolution?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Andre said: I am confused then - why are you supplying 2 screenshots rather than the PSD, and have one screenshot at a very low resolution?

Well I know that when I pay for a design I don't go throwing the PSD out in public links on random forums :P

• @Andre said: I am confused then - why are you supplying 2 screenshots rather than the PSD, and have one screenshot at a very low resolution?

@jarland said: Well I know that when I pay for a design I don't go throwing the PSD out in public links on random forums :P

Exactly.... If you are interested Andre I can send you the PSD's so you can get started.

• AndreAndre Member
    edited January 2013

@jarland said: Well I know that when I pay for a design I don't go throwing the PSD out in public links on random forums :P

Understandable, but it wasn't stated in the OP, leading to my confusion (:

@Corey said: Exactly.... If you are interested Andre I can send you the PSD's so you can get started.

I am interested, but sadly I will be unable to complete this within 3 hours.

• $120 including 2 custom slider coding? Must be running a tight ship

• @Patrick said: $120 including 2 custom slider coding? Must be running a tight ship

I already have code for that slider that I wrote for another website, you just have to implement it. You should be able to make $40 an hour on this.

• @Andre said: @jarland said: Well I know that when I pay for a design I don't go throwing the PSD out in public links on random forums :P

Understandable, but it wasn't stated in the OP, leading to my confusion (:

@Corey said: Exactly.... If you are interested Andre I can send you the PSD's so you can get started.

I am interested, but sadly I will be unable to complete this within 3 hours.

Ok I'm giving this WHT guy a try right now but if he doesn't work out I will contact you. How long do you think it would take you?

• AndreAndre Member
    edited January 2013

@Corey said: Ok I'm giving this WHT guy a try right now but if he doesn't work out I will contact you. How long do you think it would take you?

By 9:00 AM EST, tomorrow. [2PM UTC]

• AsadAsad Member
    edited January 2013

@Corey I've seen work @Andre has done, and I'd recommend doing it with him. If he does it for $120, that's awfully cheap - so it's a bargain.

• Seems like a lot of work for £25 an hour, well done for finding a couple of people prepared to do it!

• @Nekki said: Seems like a lot of work for £25 an hour, well done for finding a couple of people prepared to do it!

Really? Because here in the good ole' USA I get paid half that to do way more complicated programming.

• Yes, really.

Do you freelance for $20 an hour then?

• Thanks @AsadHaider!
    What work have you seen? (:

@Corey said: Really? Because here in the good ole' USA I get paid half that to do way more complicated programming.

Graphic design is a little different than coding - it's not as simple as you'd imagine, and rarely would we get paid on an hourly rate, it's more commonly per-job. The work itself requires a good eye and knowledge of design and techniques.

• What work have you seen? (:

@Corey said: Really? Because here in the good ole' USA I get paid half that to do way more complicated programming.

Graphic design is a little different than coding - it's not as simple as you'd imagine, and rarely would we get paid on an hourly rate, it's more commonly per-job. The work itself requires a good eye and knowledge of design and techniques.

Well this isn't design, it's slicing. (nothing wrong with what you're saying just responding to people that say this is really cheap)

@Nekki said: Yes, really.

Do you freelance for $20 an hour then?

Freelance for less since the market is so crowded.

• I guess this is why I only freelance as a sideline, that way I can pick and choose my jobs. Basic photoshop work can get you $60 an hour.

• @Nekki said: I guess this is why I only freelance as a sideline, that way I can pick and choose my jobs. Basic photoshop work can get you $60 an hour.

I'm not sure I understand, slicing counts as design work now?

• I'll do it. $100 static rate. PM me if you want.

• I'm not sure I understand, slicing counts as design work now?

Maybe we think of slicing as different things? To my mind, if you're creating layout code and CSS from scratch, that's design work.

• @Nekki said: Maybe we think of slicing as different things? To my mind, if you're creating layout code and CSS from scratch, that's design work.

To me that's coding because it requires no artistic knowledge.

• To me that's coding because it requires no artistic knowledge.

I guess that where we differ. If you wanted a basic, shove-all-the-images in a table lump of code then I'd agree, buy if you want a compliant, accessible set of code, then there's real craft and skill required.

A lot of people (and I'm not including you in this, I'm generalising) seem to undervalue the skill of being able to write quality HTML and CSS.

• @Corey said: Really? Because here in the good ole' USA I get paid half that to do way more complicated programming.

Its good money for the job, I've hired freelancers from India to do jobs like this for $10,- for the whole project and it was done when I woke up.