Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everytime i find a new provider with DDOS protection i get hit with DDOS attack
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Everytime i find a new provider with DDOS protection i get hit with DDOS attack

edited January 2016 in Help

Hello Gentlemen's,

It has bee like 10 months I have been having a hectic job finding each time new provider just to get a teamspeak 3 with full ddos protection. when ever I get hit my team speak 3 server gets down and then I have to reboot my vps.

These are the hosts that I have tried and left them due to attacks.

1- Blazing Fast

They say to protect up to 980 gbps but it gets down with single attack 10 gbps. tried them 1 month ago and left

2- Linode

They don't have ddos protection yet I think. tried them 1 month ago and left

3- Ramnode

Good VPS to be honest but 20 gbps protection only. tried them 4 months ago and left

4- Zare

Solid VPS but gets hit too easily using voxility. tried them 1 month ago and left.

5- Vultr

Love this VPS a lot since it has easy to use control panel very user friendly and when I used them I was getting attacks and team speak used to get down very easily that was like few months ago did not try them recently but they now have 10 gbps protection its not enough. I tried yesterday 400 gbps are coming but no ETA. Tried them 8 months in past and left.

6- RA4W LLC

UK Provider same like zare.co.uk but gets attack easily .. their gateway is not secured.

I still have my vps running with them.. using for game server.

7-BuyVm

I used this recently and they could not solve my packet loss issues yet so I left them too but still have vps running. using for game server.

8- Evolution-Host --- My current Provider OVH [Paris]

these guys are the ones I am with and so far my team speak has not been crashed or down sine I have been with them like 10 days till now.

Hope it goes well.

I need your suggestion how can I protect my team speak 3 from attacks and prevent from being crashed.

give me ideas what iptables rules or ipset rules I need .. Or block countries?

Your suggestion would be much appreciated in order to protect my VPS from external attacks with layer 7 filtering too.

Thanks.

Thanked by 1YihuYon

Comments

• how many guys do you piss off ? that you got so many haters ddosing you for so long ?

• alhadi said: I need your suggestion how can I protect my team speak 3 from attacks and prevent from being crashed.

When you get a new server, don't go onto the forums saying 'hay guys, i got a new server with protection you can't dox it lolololol'.

• DigitalOcean next???

• @Nekki said:
    When you get a new server, don't go onto the forums saying 'hay guys, i got a new server with protection you can't dox it lolololol'.

nope I don't do this

• I hear AthenaLayer is the industry leader of DDoS protection.

• @Caster said:
    how many guys do you piss off ? that you got so many haters ddosing you for so long ?

we are gaming community so yes we have haters :)

• alhadi said: nope I don't do this

Do people find your server by magic then?

• I've run a ts3 server for ages and don't get ddos attacked.. You must be doing something wrong or hanging out with the wrong crowd?

Thanked by 2yomero netomx
  • @Nekki said:
    Do people find your server by magic then?

www.gametracker.com

• @krs360 said:
    I've run a ts3 server for ages and don't get ddos attacked.. You must be doing something wrong or hanging out with the wrong crowd?

most of them are kids . we play cs 1.6 and samp some times COD

• @theroyalstudent said:
    DigitalOcean next???

:) haha don't think so.

• Makes sense I guess, taking out your comms.

I used to love counterstrike many years ago, I looked again a few months back and it's full of kids (there's your problem) bragging about owning (insert combat knife here).

Luckily I've managed to avoid ddos since the days of the MSN Irc servers and the fight for #england etc!

Anyway, gl.

• Have you considered using something like Discord

• @Jonchun said:
    Have you considered using something like Discord

could you brief me ?

• this days kids are equipped with boosters and money to spend recklessly.

• @alhadi said:
    could you brief me ?

https://discordapp.com/

• I use discord aswell, it's actually really good.

Please don't move across until these kids grow up though as you seem to be a ddos magnet!

• @krs360 said:
    I use discord aswell, it's actually really good.

Please don't move across until these kids grow up though as you seem to be a ddos magnet!

If these kiddies end up making a dent in Discordapp's infrastructure, Discord doesn't really deserve to be calling themselves the "next generation awesome free gaming blah blah communication"

• You shouldn't be content with people just "not DDoSing you", because it will happen eventually. You just need to be confident of your protection for when it does happen.

Have you tried to run a reverse proxy to your service from a reputable DDoS mitigation provider?

• @Nekki said:

I think that he or she should be able to, your protection shouldn't be at the will of the attacker otherwise you aren't even protected.

• Shoot me a PM I've got something that might work

• Did you try OVH? Not that I would recommend using them, I would just be interested how good they do in real attack scenarios.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited January 2016

If there is anyone who knows anything about DDoS attacks it's @Francisco at BuyVM. They use Voxility but with some custom secret sauce or something

Not the cheapest but they will keep you online. How are you testing packet loss? By default Voxility blocks ICMP/ping when under attack.

• Try hosteam.pl or kms-hosting.de.

• @chrisp said:
    Did you try OVH? Not that I would recommend using them, I would just be interested how good they do in real attack scenarios.

did you read what he wrote? he is with ovh now

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NickL said: I think that he or she should be able to, your protection shouldn't be at the will of the attacker otherwise you aren't even protected.

Go away you nonce.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited January 2016

RamNode and BuyVM - only good if you work closely with them on additional filters

BlazingFast - Standard Voxility, nothing custom, so not really good

zare - Also Voxility

RA4W LLC - Voxility again

Anything OVH - Not good, a lot of booters out there can take them down

My suggestion would be hosteam.pl aswell, they have a lot of Teamspeak and gameserver customers and even their free protection is very solid and I haven't seen any booter take them down.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

OVH used to be terrible, nowadays has been upgraded and you can get GAME DDOS protection.

• @WebProject said:
    OVH used to be terrible, nowadays has been upgraded and you can get GAME DDOS protection.

Where can you get that?