Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can this be done with two installs of WHMCS and one install of SolusVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can this be done with two installs of WHMCS and one install of SolusVM

shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
edited January 2013 in General

Hi everybody!
I want to have a second VPS company in addition to UnmanagedServers.NET that will provide fully managed Xen VPS. Now, I want to use the same install of SolusVM. Obviously I will make a second node group for the Xen servers in the SolusVM.
My concern is: what if there is a customer that orders one VPS from UnmanagedServers.NET and one VPS from BetterVPS? how will it handle that?
Thanks!

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

But what will the address the concern of a single customer with same name, email, etc. having a server with both UnmanagedServers.NET and BetterVPS?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

I'm pretty sure it will just make a new SolusVM account for the second purchase as WHMCS uses SolusVM user ids that are linked to the WHMCS account. So they will just have 2 accounts in SolusVM. One for each WHMCS install.

OK so they won't see both an unmanaged VPS and a managed VPS in their solusvm? Thank you that is exactly what I wanted.

• Choose different solusvm username prefixes in the settings of the two whmcs installs.
    Then the user will have two different usernames in the solusvm. And you can make it look like two different solusvm masters too, by pointing one to a different hostname running nginx reverse proxy and connecting to the main solusvm.
    On the other hand a fully managed VPS user doesn't need to know or care about SolusVM anyway, if you manage everything for him.

@rds100: great information, thank you!

• im not sure about whmcs but i think its same as in hostbill that i use and clients that use my vps servers dont really loging in to solusvm panel as all client integrated for them in hostbill
    if im right same in whmcs then u dont need to give them another username or something like that

@dosserversca most functions are in WHMCS but not all of them. Would you recommend HostBill instead of WHMCS?

• @shovenose

well i hate WHMCS i was using them in past dont know how they now but befoure Hostbill no longer ther competitor (they have more options in everything so WHMCS way in past) i love hostbill personally alot toys and every few weeks updates some times few days with new toys :D but also remmber that i use old license from hostbill wean they was offering 6$/mo now u need pay around 200$ for lifetime if u good with panels and have money then u should forget whmcs and move to hostbill

hostbill have option for solusvm for regular vps, cloud vps and reseller check that here:
    http://hostbillapp.com/features/apps/solusvm.html

• You should change the username prefix option. Im not exactly sure how it handles it, but its possible you could grant permissions to someones account to someone else.

Lets say you have two users with the same account ID of 347 on both installs(WHMCS), one person orders a month later, instead of creating a new account, it may assume there already is one, and add the VPS to vmuser347 and not create a new account. If you change the prefix it will just create yourname347 and leave vmuser347 in place.

@trewq said: I'm pretty sure it will just make a new SolusVM account for the second purchase as WHMCS uses SolusVM user ids that are linked to the WHMCS account.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

No, its impossible :)))

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

1 WHMCS License + 2 Webservers + MySQL replication = Done.

Make sure that the MySQL server is setup as a Master/Master setup so the data is always identical.

• It's possible.

However, you will have to get WHMCS customised so you know which customer is on which host ect.

• @KuJoe said: 1 WHMCS License + 2 Webservers + MySQL replication = Done.

I think it's much easier: create another domain on your server (if you have a panel) or else configure the vhosts and symlink address1.com/whmcs to address2.com/whmcs.

However, WHMCS licensing works with a IP + path, whilst the IP is the same the path would probably be not. You have to fiddle with it a bit, could be only the admin area being blocked, if so, it woudn't matter since you can login at the other address.

The only problem you would have is the theme and company details (it would be the same).

Nonono sorry to confuse, the problem is not WHMCS.
    The problem is SolusVM.

• @shovenose
    i gave u my tip already
    if u dont want them know u have to use api or use diffrent master servers as they can see the login ip...

• @shovenose change the solusvm url to a domain like vps.(insert unused domain here) and use that url for both companies.

Ex:
    my.vpsadmin.co

• ip still can be tracked if he want to do it whitelabel
    only 2 options as i tiped befoure