Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Is SeFlow any good?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Is SeFlow any good?

Hello. I am looking to purchase the 1 euro a month VPS plan from SeFlow... Has anyone had good luck with their servers and DDoS protection?

Loving CentOS 6 x86

«1

Comments

  • @tricky can tell you more

    Go give Vultr(referral) a try. | GNU/Linux http://debian.org

  • NyrNyr Member

    I would avoid them.

  • NekkiNekki Moderator

    Eating faeces is preferable.

    Thanked by 1mandark

    Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

  • It's good at showing how bad customer service can kill your reputation, they used to be somewhat highly recommended

    Thanked by 2Jonchun Kris
  • I had no issues with their dedicated server and network, its all solid. Support isn't the best, resolving problems consumes alot of time mainly because of language barriers. Alot of people on LET will tell you that seflow sucks because the owner made a fool of himself on here once not because they had any service there to judge.

  • NekkiNekki Moderator

    @Mark_R said:
    I had no issues with their dedicated server and network, its all solid. Support isn't the best, resolving problems consumes alot of time mainly because of language barriers. Alot of people on LET will tell you that seflow sucks because the owner made a fool of himself on here once not because they had any service there to judge.

    To be fair, you don't need to take a service with a a raving fucking loony to know that your service is being managed by a raving fucking loony, because it's implicit.

    It's simply down to the individual as to whether they're happy having a service that (good or otherwise) is managed by a raving fucking loony.

    Thanked by 4GM2015 k0nsl ATHK J1021

    Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

  • For those who care:
    You can now find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com or https://www.hostballs.com

  • @Nekki said:
    It's simply down to the individual as to whether they're happy having a service that (good or otherwise) is managed by a raving fucking loony.

    to be fair you are labeling matteo as a loony, he made a mistake - dont we all at times? i'm not going to hold a grudge over it for the rest of my life. if you choose to then thats your loss because he does provide a reliable service in the end, thats what counts to me.

  • @Mark_R said:

    Remember when you accused me in public of attacking your services and made up a story about how interpol would investigate me?

    tsdns.io - free, redundant, DDoS-protected TSDNS

  • @tr1cky said:
    Remember when you accused me in public of attacking your services and made up a story about how interpol would investigate me?

    you must be quoting the wrong person. ontop of that, i doubt you are much of a saint.

  • @Mark_R said:
    i doubt you are much of a saint.

    I doubt he is as well but Matteob had no evidence of any attacks in which he could prove or directly link to Tricky and that is a very serious allegation...

  • @Mark_R said:
    ontop of that, i doubt you are much of a saint.

    Unless you do have evidence of something, this is the same kind of error made by Matteo.

  • @Geekoine said:

    Unless you do have evidence of something, this is the same kind of error made by Matteo.

    error? it is my personal opinion. yours might differs.

  • @Mark_R said:

    This was a joke. That was obviously @matteob

    tsdns.io - free, redundant, DDoS-protected TSDNS

  • GeekoineGeekoine Member
    edited January 2016

    @Mark_R

    Of course: it is an opinion that includes a judgment based on something that seems to be an arbitrary conjecture. I can have the opinion that the donkeys fly, but of course this opinion is a kind of mistake, unless I can show at least one flying donkey.

  • @Geekoine said:
    Of course: it is an opinion that includes a judgment based on something that seems to be an arbitrary conjecture. I can have the opinion that the donkeys fly, but of course this opinion is a kind of mistake, unless I can show at least one flying donkey.

    You mean it's religion.

    Thanked by 1paily

    tsdns.io - free, redundant, DDoS-protected TSDNS

  • @tr1cky said:
    You mean it's religion.

    Among other things. It is.

  • i did not expect this thread to take a religion turn, thats odd.

  • matteobmatteob Member, Host Rep

    hi,
    just one word. I stopped writing about that story not because i lied but because this should not be public. I made an error talking to public and i will not repeat it.

    Someone else need to work for that story and i'm not interested to talk in public and listen the opinion about some kiddies.

    @VPSAddict if you're interested on that, please contact me to matteob [at] seflow [dot] net, i can give you free trial you will be free to judge yourself.

    Regards

    Thanked by 1desperand

    Matteo Berlonghi - SeFlow s.n.c.
    SeFlow.Net - Affordable DDoS Protected Services. SeFlow Secure Network 20+ IXP connected with Default DDoS Protection.

  • @matteob said:
    hi,
    just one word. I stopped writing about that story not because i lied but because this should not be public. I made an error talking to public and i will not repeat it.

    Someone else need to work for that story and i'm not interested to talk in public and listen the opinion about some kiddies.

    VPSAddict if you're interested on that, please contact me to matteob [at] seflow [dot] net, i can give you free trial you will be free to judge yourself.

    Regards

    You did lie. Nothing happend or if there was an investigation no evidence was found. I think you should apology to @tr1cky for your complete and utter incompetence to both keep your mouth shut where it's not supposed to comment and in regards to your abysmal services.

    Thanked by 1ATHK
  • matteobmatteob Member, Host Rep

    @IThinkUFailed said:
    You did lie. Nothing happend or if there was an investigation no evidence was found. I think you should apology to tr1cky for your complete and utter incompetence to both keep your mouth shut where it's not supposed to comment and in regards to your abysmal services.

    Do you live with him or you just prefer trust in his word? ;)

    By the way i'm not interested to talk more about that, this is not the right place

    Have nice monday

    Matteo Berlonghi - SeFlow s.n.c.
    SeFlow.Net - Affordable DDoS Protected Services. SeFlow Secure Network 20+ IXP connected with Default DDoS Protection.

  • @matteob said:
    Do you live with him or you just prefer trust in his word? ;)

    I'd trust his word over yours seeing as he was actually able to provide evidence to his claims whereas you couldn't... Either you start actually telling the truth or you'll just keep digging that hole bigger and bigger for yourself.

    Instead of bitching that somebody sent a ddos attack to you, why not implement actual protection so you're protected in the future rather than make up elaborate claims that some user who has bitched about you publicly is ddosing you...

    Thanked by 1ATHK
  • This thread.

    Thanked by 4ZweiTiger Rhys jar Tom

    This signature wasted 121 bytes of your data allocation.

    https://nixstats.com/report/56b53d6465689e44598b4567

  • @VPSAddict said:
    Hello. I am looking to purchase the 1 euro a month VPS plan from SeFlow... Has anyone had good luck

    BTW: seflow has a good network

  • @0xdragon said:
    This thread.

    Looks like a good icon for maybe, a LET forum app?

    My comments are mine and mine alone, and do not reflect the opinion of my business and operations. Ex-wellknown shitposter.

  • NekkiNekki Moderator
    edited January 2016

    @Mark_R said:
    to be fair you are labeling matteo as a loony, he made a mistake - dont we all at times? i'm not going to hold a grudge over it for the rest of my life. if you choose to then thats your loss because he does provide a reliable service in the end, thats what counts to me.

    What he did cannot, by any sane definition of the term, be called a mistake.

    It's nothing to do with holding grudges. There's a lot of choice out there, so why would you choose to work with a potentially unstable individual? It's actually common sense more than anything.

    A convicted murderer might also be a top-notch babysitter, but you wouldn't have them look after your kids, right? Extreme analogy, but these days isn't our data pretty important to us?

    Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

  • asfasf Member

    No problem at all. Customer since 2013..

    Thanked by 1VPSAddict
  • Warning: If you host with SeFlow there is a chance that the owner will claim that you are under an international police investigation in public if you write bad reviews about them

    Stay FAR away from SeFlow

  • @Nekki said:
    What he didcannot, by any sane definition of the term, be called a mistake.

    It's nothing to do with holding grudges. There's a lot of choice out there, so why would you choose to work with a potentially unstable individual? It's actually common sense more than anything.

    A convicted murderer might also be a top-notch babysitter, but you wouldn't have them look after your kids, right? Extreme analogy, but these days isn't our data pretty important to us?

    Matteo made a wrong move, he got called out for it. What now? are we going to dig up this fail over and over again? personally i get a bit tired of this continous bashing, its so pointless, if matteo was delivering a bad service or did run some kind of scam then it would've been totally justified to keep bashing him and his company but he did none of that so far.

    Thanked by 3asf DomainBop MikePT
  • Mark_R said: What now? are we going to dig up this fail over and over again?

    welcome to LET ?!

    UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/UK/NL/DE: 15% off first 6 month | Netcup VPS/rootDS - 5€ off: 36nc15279180197 (ref)

  • @Mark_R said:
    Matteo made a wrong move, he got called out for it. What now? are we going to dig up this fail over and over again? personally i get a bit tired of this continous bashing, its so pointless, if matteo was delivering a bad service or did run some kind of scam then it would've been totally justified to keep bashing him and his company but he did none of that so far.

    Are you for real? Matteo accused somebody of a very serious offence and then proceeded to make up more bullshit up. How can you not seem to understand that it's not a "fail" as a fail is usually a mistake or accident... This was an attack directed towards a user without any evidence to back up the claims.

  • NekkiNekki Moderator

    @Mark_R said:
    Matteo made a wrong move, he got called out for it. What now? are we going to dig up this fail over and over again?

    Yes. If someone asks about them, why shouldn't they be told about the screw ups? Let's be honest here, this isn't exactly minor either.

    We can also point to the complete hash they made of @anthonysmith's LES Italy service too, that resulting in him having to move providers are months of trying to resolve it. I suspect a lot of us were actually indirectly suffering customers during this incident.

    The point being, this isn't just one incident, there's a pattern of unbecoming behaviour that appears consistent. The Interpol stuff is just the most recent (and biggest incident).

    You're happy with service? Great, then say so. No one is stopping you. Just don't expect people who have witnessed the bad side of SeFlow to stay quiet (whether directly or indirectly).

    Thanked by 2Kris VPSAddict

    Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider
    edited January 2016

    SeFlow offer a good service at a good price however they are completely inflexible and if you need them to be involved in anything technical post sale your pretty much up shit creak without a paddle and Matteo makes everything personal.

    At least 5 run ins with him myself before I moved on, if you manage to go above his head his bosses will tell him to stfu and get on with it.

    It can be like talking to a call center, the first thing he will do is look for a reason not to do something and only after eliminating everything else will he do it.

    Example, their bind servers were hacked and it took them 6 months to bring it back because Matteo was in charge of doing that and he refused to give an ETA at any point quoting he has other priorities such as his Easter holidays and other things he wont discuss with customers.

    All that said I think SeFlow has done a great job in terms of the actual product but like any great company, it only takes 1 nob head to get a foot hold on the place and turn it in to a nightmare for everyone else.

    edit: p.s. the bundled ddos protection should be considered basic, if you actually want protection you need to pay.

    Thanked by 3Kris MikePT vimalware

    I am no longer active here, find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com (Just like LET without the scams)

  • Is there anyone else there besides MatteoB? I never was under the impression that there is a bunch of people. The only person that ever answered tickets there was him, back when I was with SeFlow.

    Thanked by 1Jonchun

    For those who care:
    You can now find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com or https://www.hostballs.com

  • NyrNyr Member
    edited January 2016

    I very much agree with @AnthonySmith.

    I had some services with them and a customer of mine did too. Service is very good for the price. Nothing is perfect and the network is a bit shitty, but considering the price is still a great deal.

    They are among the best bang for the buck on many of the services they sell. Still, I can't trust them after some of their actions. Just like I don't trust OVH but still recognize their great deals.

  • matteobmatteob Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

    Yes i agree with you. We decided in past keep customization on hardware, but we need to put priority in todo list to keep service with high quality.

    For example i took some month to enable you the rdns on IPv6. I know that for you is very important but, from time we enabled it we received only 2 ipv6 rdns request. this should not be an excuse, and i know that now, with new customer base, we can handle that request types in acceptable time. My dream is to offer high skilled technical support and staff that can follow in all parts the customer keeping that prices, but i know that this is really really hard to do.

    In these months we're trying to kick off dangerous customers with high abuse rate (tricky stories is an example). When i started that job i knew that this will cause SeFlow being unpopular on some specific customer, but ths is not important, because are customers that we're trying to eliminate. With that job i'm seeing better ticket reply response (about 10 minutes atm) and 80% off abuses. This will permit our staff to handle better customer request. There is lot job to do to be one of better company with higher skill but i think we're in good direction.

    For the network and protection, we removed problematic (and cheaper uplink), now we had only premium provider like level3 and NTT and do direct peering on some IX. Also we increased filters adding 3x power protection and we not had any packet loss in last months.

    I was not friendly in past, and i admit it, and if you felt bad i want send you public excuse, but was caused by a bad customers mix that generated for me too lot work (too work mean lower customer focus). Now. i think we're reached the customer base i want and now i not had any excuse, only trusted customers that do right business, so is easier for us work with them.

    For other 4-5 people that still hit me in that forum, i simply ignore them, because are same peoples that are in the tricky crew and are not in my interest anymore. My only error in that story was public some details in public forum and i will not repeat it.

    @Amitz said:
    Is there anyone else there besides MatteoB? I never was under the impression that there is a bunch of people. The only person that ever answered tickets there was him, back when I was with SeFlow.

    We are structured company, please read here http://seflow.net/2/index.php/en/company/about-us

    As you can see we published full management team with a "watchmen cover". We own full structure and onapp published some articles about our cloud structure. If you had any doubt, please feel free to visit our datacenter and i will be happy to eat with you in our internal japanese restaurant and show our structure, i think you will be impressed how seflow is not so little company ;)

    Please not esitate to contact me directly to matteob [at] seflow [dot] net .

    Have good monday evening

    Regards

    Matteo Berlonghi - SeFlow s.n.c.
    SeFlow.Net - Affordable DDoS Protected Services. SeFlow Secure Network 20+ IXP connected with Default DDoS Protection.

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

    @matteob ok fair enough, you are technically competent no one should dispute that, regarding everything else, time will be the true test.

    Thanked by 3matteob MikePT Kris

    I am no longer active here, find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com (Just like LET without the scams)

  • @matteob - I'll be giving SeFlow a try... Is it possible I am able to have a trial to see if I like it? I'm particularly interested in your smallest "flex cloud" size.

    Loving CentOS 6 x86

  • I believe everyone can "have a trial" for 5 EUR.

    -

  • matteobmatteob Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

    @VPSAddict said:

    Yes sure, please send me email to matteob [at] seflow [dot] net i will give you details.

    Thank you

    Thanked by 1VPSAddict

    Matteo Berlonghi - SeFlow s.n.c.
    SeFlow.Net - Affordable DDoS Protected Services. SeFlow Secure Network 20+ IXP connected with Default DDoS Protection.

  • VPSAddictVPSAddict Member
    edited January 2016

    @matteob said:
    Thank you

    Okay, I have sent you an email. Thanks for the opportunity and I am excited to try your services. Thanks!

    Loving CentOS 6 x86

  • @matteob said:
    Thank you

    I would like to as well, can you send a pm?

  • matteobmatteob Member, Host Rep

    @sandro said:

    Yes sure, please send me email with product you're interested and i will give you a try.

    Regards

    Matteo Berlonghi - SeFlow s.n.c.
    SeFlow.Net - Affordable DDoS Protected Services. SeFlow Secure Network 20+ IXP connected with Default DDoS Protection.

  • NekkiNekki Moderator

    My only error in that story was public some details in public forum and i will not repeat it.

    Making it all up was a pretty big error too.

    Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

  • matteobmatteob Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

    @Nekki, you're offtopic now, please if you had feedback feel free to contact me directly to matteob [at] seflow [dot] net and i will be happy to read and discuss with you.

    Thank you for your comprehension

    Matteo Berlonghi - SeFlow s.n.c.
    SeFlow.Net - Affordable DDoS Protected Services. SeFlow Secure Network 20+ IXP connected with Default DDoS Protection.

  • Oh lol, dangerous customers with high abuse rates. Like the 0 abuse messages you received for my account? Am I an example of a dangerous customer because I opened a support ticket when you had network problems?

    If I had enough money to throw away or had more time I would sue you for being a big dickhead.

    Thanked by 1Kris

    tsdns.io - free, redundant, DDoS-protected TSDNS

  • NekkiNekki Moderator

    @matteob said:
    Nekki, you're offtopic now, please if you had feedback feel free to contact me directly to matteob [at] seflow [dot] net and i will be happy to read and discuss with you.

    Thank you for your comprehension

    No, I'm not off topic, this is very much the topic and it doesn't stop being the topic just because you say so.

    Thanked by 2Amitz Kris

    Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

  • @tr1cky said:
    Oh lol, dangerous customers with high abuse rates. Like the 0 abuse messages you received for my account? Am I an example of a dangerous customer because I opened a support ticket when you had network problems?

    If I had enough money to throw away or had more time I would sue you for being a big dickhead.

    yeah for sure. a person with fake data behind a chain of something like perfect-privacy/ovpn.to and vicsocks sues a real life person.

    Thanked by 1ManofServer

    Lu Lu Lu, I've got some apples. Lu Lu Lu you've got some too.

  • @Butters said:
    yeah for sure. a person with fake data behind a chain of something like perfect-privacy/ovpn.to and vicsocks sues a real life person.

    Climb back into the hole you came out of.

    tsdns.io - free, redundant, DDoS-protected TSDNS

Sign In or Register to comment.