Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How reliable are LunaNode?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How reliable are LunaNode?

ollietrexollietrex Member
edited January 2016 in General

Seen lots of people talk about and recommended lunanode, signed up for an account and have spun up a few vm's in a virtual network. All worked well and the control panel does the job and the random question to support got answered.

Are they are production ready provider or just another nice dev environment, not that I will put all my eggs in one basket but wondering what people think of them? I am just hosting websites on port 443 no torrents, no dodge just want my sites to stay up.

Comments

• I'd suggest changing your title, as the one you picked sounds a bit nefarious - when you're really just asking a question like "How reliable are LunaNode?".

I've been a customer for 7-8 months now, no major issues. A few bouts of network downtime - once or maybe twice without notice, the other times were for upgrades that were done quite quickly.

They seem legit to me. If not it seems the owner lives fairly close to me, so I can go pay him a visit ;)

Thanked by 1hbjlee17
  • Thanks changed the title, I am using there OVH France location so the network suits, just wanna know how peoples uptime and expirence had been?

• @perennate

mikeyur said: If not it seems the owner lives fairly close to me, so I can go pay him a visit ;)

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

GM2015 said: @perennate

mikeyur said: If not it seems the owner lives fairly close to me, so I can go pay him a visit ;)

@hbjlee17 is the owner.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @GM2015 said:
    perennate

I was talking about @hbjlee17 - he has my address too, as I'm a customer, so if he wants to come hangout I'll go grab a case of beer.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • From my experience with Lunanode they are reliable.. didn't face any issues..

• @mikeyur said:
    I was talking about hbjlee17 - he has my address too, as I'm a customer, so if he wants to come hangout I'll go grab a case of beer.

I'm in for free beer, sign me up xD

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    I'm in for free beer, sign me up xD

Vancouver LET meetup? I'll buy the first round as long as you guys keep drinks under $7.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • @mikeyur said:
    I was talking about hbjlee17 - he has my address too, as I'm a customer, so if he wants to come hangout I'll go grab a case of beer.

This is LET.. Now go find a $7 bottle of champagne for the man!

• Man, I wish I were Canadian. Free cold, two major languages, specialized Canadian jokes(You have more kilometres on your snow blower than your car.),free snow, reasonably good currency and OVH DCs!

• @mikeyur said:
    Vancouver LET meetup? I'll buy the first round as long as you guys keep drinks under $7.

$10. Who else is in Vancity?

• @GM2015 said:

>

I can't speak French since I failed to remember anything from high school. And our dollar sucks, always sucked, but now especially. 1 USD is about 1.4CAD, that means we are paying 40% more if we have to buy in USD and there's the conversation fee charged by CC company.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @GM2015 said:
    Man, I wish I were Canadian. Free cold, two major languages, specialized Canadian jokes(You have more kilometres on your snow blower than your car.),free snow, reasonably good currency and OVH DCs!

Don't forget Nickelback and Justin Beiber!

• I thought Justin Beiber was from North Korea.

Jonchun said: ustin Beiber!

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Host Rep

@mikeyur said:

Maybe next time I am in Vacnouver :P

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • sinsin Member

Lunanode has been very reliable for me.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

I'm gonna try this provide. Seems good!

• I think I used them around a year before I moved. They are reliable. Did had a few downtime's which were resolved quickly.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • We've been testing them out for a few months now with a few (5) small time servers. Overall, it's been pretty great. A few network blips, but nothing major. Has been very reliable.

They have a status page at https://status.lunanode.com/ which is regularly updated. I can't recall an incident in which I didn't see an accompanying status post explaining the issue. Have received email alerts for planned maintenance/upgrades.

The interface is pretty kickass and powerful. Some portions of it aren't entirely intuitive and do have a small learning curve, but reading over their wiki helps.

Also, they just added Arch Linux templates. What more could I want :D

• sinsin Member

Lexiii said: they just added Arch Linux templates

Have you tried out their custom ISO? It's easy to add any distro you want and now they offer live snapshots of custom ISO virtual machines too :).

Thanked by 1perennate
  • aglodekaglodek Member
    edited January 2016

Reliable? Yes. Alert and quick tech support. Competent - they really know what they are doing. Trustworthy - they tell like it is, even if they are at fault. Pretty rare in this industry and very refreshing. Flexible and helpful - they work with you to solve any unusual issue. Last but not least - one of the most innovative hosts around. This is not just a job for them, but a calling.

EDIT: plus, as already mentioned by @Lexiii, good knowledgebase wiki, but it could be improved on as it lags a little behind all the new options they are implementing ;)

Thanked by 3perennate sin vimalware
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

aglodek said: but it could be improved on as it lags a little behind all the new options they are implementing ;)

Ack, this is true, we were going through the wiki after the new year and realized we still had stuff about registering through WHMCS x.x

https://wiki.lunanode.com/index.php?title=Create_your_first_instance&diff=300&oldid=245

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • Very good support & if you install the root system on a volume you have high availability. Upgrading a vm to a higher spec will be simpler too.

• VMs used to be really slow at the beginning of the service, but now they're really fast and excellent :)