Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Namecheap Black Friday
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Namecheap Black Friday

AdamAdam Member
edited November 2011 in General

Unless you guys have been living under a rock or use godaddy (god help you). Then you should know about the black Friday sale for Namecheap.

http://www.namecheap.com/promos/2011/black-friday-cyber-monday-deals.aspx

A tip for those going for the $0.99cent domains. Make sure to login and SAVE the domains to your cart an hour or 30min before.
This is due to today, they received so much traffic it was like a DDOS and their servers failed ;) (Took 30min to pay for domains).

Thanked by 1ztec

Comments

• I am living under a rock :|

Thanked by 1Xeoncross
  • @yomero said: I am living under a rock :|

Me too, a fresh one!! And anyway, it's Saturday already lol

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

me too :(

• @TigersWay said: Me too, a fresh one!! And anyway, it's Saturday already lol

Sale goes till Monday ;)... Although it doesn't look like they are selling anything else until Monday.

• Actually I don't know about it because I don't use namecheap. I only deal with companies that believe in customer service and they aren't one.

And as a aside, why is everybody putting links with code and/or pre tags all of the sudden?

• Namecheap rule!

• I actually prefer name.com over namecheap - because their CLEAN fast interface and "FREEWHOIS" code which work since they started to charge for domain whois privacy. I think that I clicked freewhois atleast ten times for every my domain hosted there.. :P

• Oh! its already sold out :(

• @Pinoy said: Oh! its already sold out :(

New coupons is coming in the next few hours :D

• WhizzWrWhizzWr Member
    edited November 2011

@giang said: @Pinoy said: Oh! its already sold out :(

New coupons is coming in the next few hours :D

Really?

Sold Out! Next Promo @ Mon 12 AM EST or Try our Web Hosting Promotion

• gianggiang Veteran
    edited November 2011

@WhizzWr said: Really?

Did you read the text on "NEXT SALE" box? They are currenly running "BUY ONE SSL AND GET ONE FREE", $1 domain will coming at 6AM EST, about next 5 hours from now.

• Name.com

24 HR. CYBER MONDAY SALE!
    hot deal

Black Friday shopping crowds got you down? Enjoy this short but sweet sale from the comfort of your own home!

$8.00 COM/NET Registrations & Renewals

Use the promo code, 'NAMELOVE' at checkout to redeem.*

Free privacy whois code is usuall: freewhois

• @giang said: Did you read the text on "NEXT SALE" box? They are currenly running "BUY ONE SSL AND GET ONE FREE", $1 domain will coming at 6AM EST, about next 5 hours from now.

Are you sure there is more $1? Please update =)

@Spirit Maybe it's just me, but I found $8.00 COM/NET not too attractive (ie I've got alternatives at same/lower price).

• @Go59954 said: Are you sure there is more $1? Please update =)

Yes, they are running $1 for 2500 domains now (With coupon START2SAVE, 5 domains per customer) and their website is unable to access :( It seems they are running on Pentium 2 server =))

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

@Go59954 said: Maybe it's just me, but I found $8.00 COM/NET not too attractive (ie I've got alternatives at same/lower price).

It's just you! :)

What's regular name/namecheap/moniker/dynadot/godaddy.. price for com/net? Around 10$, correct? Most of them don't include free whois privacy. Saving some dollar maybe isn't attractive for two, three.. domains... but for more... why not? Same as with LEB savings where we're looking for every dollar to save. Of course you might have some bulk enom pricing or something like that available.. but this don't apply on most of us.
    If you have alternatives for lower com/net prices over year and if this include even free whois privacy please share them with us.

side note.
    I saved around 30$ for 15 domains renewal + additional 30$ with freewhois code (which means together 60$ savings with my prefered domain registrar).

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

@giang said: Yes, they are running $1 for 2500 domains now (With coupon START2SAVE, 5 domains per customer) and their website is unable to access :( It seems they are running on Pentium 2 server =))

That's 1$ for domain transfer not registration or renewal. Their billing/user account system is still up. Try https://www.namecheap.com/cart/ directly - it's up.

Coupon Code: Start2Save remove

$0.99 Domain Transfer

• I was trying to register 1 domain and the coupon worked fine :D (Didn't have a chance to checkout :( )

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

Register? Strange... because in my case "Start2Save" allow only "$0.99 Domain Transfer" (I pasted above directly from my namecheap cart).

• Yes, I was trying to register 1 org domain and the coupon worked :D

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

Try it again... https://www.namecheap.com/cart/ it specificly say "$0.99 Domain Transfer" unless registration option already expired.

edit.
    You're right, their site says "$0.99 Domain REGISTRATION AND Transfer" but that's not option when I try.

NEXT SALE

$300 OFF Verisign SSL Certificates
    when purchased for 2 years
    Starts:
    Monday 11/28/2011 12:00 PM EST
    Availability:
    30 purchases

• As much as it pains me to link to it, there appears to be a $12.99 ssl coupon with godaddy:

http://www.fatwallet.com/GoDaddy-coupons/ - grouchssl

If anyone knows of a godaddy *.us renewal coupon, I'd love to know about it. Thanks. (I;m asking because I;m once again out of time, have about 70 emails in my inbox and am very time limited. It's not a "You should do your own research" situation. It's a "I'd rather spend my time raising some money for kids for christmas" and I'm asking for some help, spent what time I had looking for such and couldn't find anything right off situation. Thanks :)

• RetailMeNot claims 35% off any domain renewal with coupon cjc796dom. I don't have any .us domains in need of renewal at the moment, so no clue if it works.

• @Spirit I was able to register a .org for $0.99 with that coupon code (& got a free .info of the same name too) :)

• @Kuro, nice. I was most likely too late then :) But nevermind - somehow I bought four new domains just week ago... damn :)

• damn had a couple of domains in my cart for 1 dollar each, then all of a sudden everything froze for 30 minutes. When It worked again my cart was empty and the sale was over.

• $0.99 Domain Registration and Transfer^

for com/net/org/biz domains

Starts:

Monday 11/28/2011 06:00 PM EST
    Availability:
    2500 domains

1hr 30min until the next $1 sale... Login, save domains to your cart and wait for the code to be released.
    Then go to the cart directly, and wait 5min for the server to let you pay :D

• ztecztec Member
    edited November 2011

Even put money in my prepaid namecheap acc :P now let's hope this time it works.

• Yea, I made it - I'm the world's greatest.

• SHOPPINGRUSH

• After building something to look for small words, I found a couple good names I don't mind spending a few bucks on.

I'll figure out if I actually want them over the next year.