Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostMyBytes - Reseller hosting offline for hours
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostMyBytes - Reseller hosting offline for hours

MridulMridul Member
edited January 2016 in Providers

For hours now my reseller hosting is down with no info.
for the past one week, i got several downtimes n now sites offline for 8 hours.

any body else facing issues ?

@hostmybytes

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited January 2016

You won't see a response here, at least I wasn't able to get one (not on this issue). They also didn't respond on twitter.

Last time I interacted with them, their WHMCS email wasn't working - I'd reply to tickets by emails but the updates didn't show up in their system, so you might want to ticket in directly.

• they are updatig my ticket, but it seems as if they dont own the server ! they dont know whats happening ?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

What location of theirs?

• Last time I heard about them they had issues with their cheap SSL-s.

BTW, impressive deal in your signature.

Mridul said: Xeon E3 1230 : $39 /Mo ( Lifetime ) : Here

• well, i was on uk node.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Mridul said: they are updatig my ticket, but it seems as if they dont own the server ! they dont know whats happening ?

Not really surprised. They were selling pooled VPS (4GB RAM, 5 IPs, 5 vcpu, 200GB) for $48/yr.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@gm2015 that's for what they call a cloud server which is essentially a shared dedicatdd if that makes any sense. That's why it's cheap.

• We are really sorry for the inconveniences. At the moment, we are working with our upstream provider to get this resolved. @Mridul, i will contact you via ticket. Please PM me ticket id.

• @HostMyBytes said:
    We are really sorry for the inconveniences. At the moment, we are working with our upstream provider to get this resolved. Mridul, i will contact you via ticket. Please PM me ticket id.

Well, plz be honest with tickets, i have lost faith.

Each time i get a reply saying"we are working' / "we will update" and it goes on n on n on...

Tecnical issues are fine and i understand things can go wrong, but atleast reply with real facts and not only by "auto" / "pre written" replies.

• Mridul said: Well, plz be honest with tickets, i have lost faith.

They are in the midst of doing the needful, kindly give them some time to remit a RFO.

Thanked by 2doughmanes MrObvious
  • JonchunJonchun Member
    edited January 2016

@Kris said:

Im going to have to take you to LowEndCourt for ruining my keyboard... Spit my drink out laughing -.-

• the server seems to be online.... as of now.

• mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

@Mridul said:
    Each time i get a reply saying"we are working' / "we will update" and it goes on n on n on...

Sounds like my cancellation request ticket I still have open. I'm up to my third reply saying just cancel it already.

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

I find it odd that they did not know the server or plan went off line. Even if they don't own the server and just leasing it. They should have at least a monitor on all the servers they lease to know if something goes wrong so they can address it before it gets out of hand.

With being a host any downtime can hurt the host and its customers. So i would think they would be monitoring their setup but I could be wrong.

• @CenTexHosting said:
    I find it odd that they did not know the server or plan went off line. Even if they don't own the server and just leasing it. They should have at least a monitor on all the servers they lease to know if something goes wrong so they can address it before it gets out of hand.

With being a host any downtime can hurt the host and its customers. So i would think they would be monitoring their setup but I could be wrong.

I agree with this, if you take your business seriously and/or value your customers you should have monitoring in place as well as posting regular updates and details of preventative steps to avoid problems in the future. Time to start looking around for a new host!

• @CenTexHosting said:

@austenite said:
    I agree with this, if you take your business seriously and/or value your customers you should have monitoring in place as well as posting regular updates and details of preventative steps to avoid problems in the future. Time to start looking around for a new host!

You 2 finished butt fucking and spamming yours sigs trying to get enough posts for provider tags?

Thanked by 2Mridul namhuy
  • @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    You 2 finished butt fucking and spamming yours sigs trying to get enough posts for provider tags?

I've already been here long enough and made enough posts to request a provider tag, I just haven't requested one. Having a link in your signature isn't a problem the last time I checked the rules, it's the same as people with affiliate links in their sigs. Ironic really that you've made a comment with no real contribution or relevance to the thread and you also have a provider tag. I would say that the only real spammer here is you.