Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any idea when RamNode might offer a big discount for life?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any idea when RamNode might offer a big discount for life?

Hi folks,

RamNode is currently running 10% off on new VPSes. Any idea when they might provide a bigger discount i.e. 40%/50%?

Regards.

Comments

• I don't think that's gonna happen

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • They don't need to. They already get many new clients due to their good reputation.

• @joodle said:
    I don't think that's gonna happen

That's sad, isn't it? :( However, they probably provided 40% end of last year.

• @mandark said: That's sad, isn't it? :( However, they probably provided 40% end of last year.

25% only (already expired):

• @Traffic said:
    They don't need to. They already get many new clients due to their good reputation.

Totally agreed, still its hard to afford for a poor person like me.

• mandark said:

That's sad, isn't it? :( However, they probably provided 40% end of last year.

What's sad is your hesitation to pay an already more than fair price for an excellent product.

• You're right. Apologies!

• mandarkmandark Member
    edited January 2016

@Nekki said:
    What's sad is your hesitation to pay an already more than fair price for an excellent product.

I really wonder, how they can provide such performance in such little price and I totally agree with you. However, it's personal and just out of my affordability.

• mandark said: I really wonder, how they can provide such performance in such little price and I totally agree with you. However, it's personal and just out of my affordability.

Unfortunately, you're just going to have to buy from someone else, Ramnode will never discount that low, as others have said.

You do need to think though, do you really need Ramnode-level performance? Probably not. There are plenty of decent providers who do offer bigger discounts that will be suitable for you. Maybe if you state your budget and requirements, we can find you something that will meet your needs?

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited January 2016

@Nekki said:
    You do need to think though, do you really need Ramnode-level performance? Probably not. There are plenty of decent providers who do offer bigger discounts that will be suitable for you. Maybe if you state your budget and requirements, we can find you something that will meet your needs?

^ This.

Tip:

Use other hosts (like HostUs) for production.

Use RamNode for backups.

I use their $15/yr 80GB Package for daily automated backups of my databases and stuff.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • @Nick_A was generous enough to offer 25-30% around BlackFriday & CyberMonday on selected services. Sucks that you missed it.

Good luck in your pursuit of 40-50% RN discounts, and do let us know if you find a coupon for the same.

• mandarkmandark Member
    edited January 2016

@K4Y5 said:
    Nick_A was generous enough to offer 25-30% around BlackFriday & CyberMonday on selected services. Sucks that you missed it.

Good luck in your pursuit of 40-50% RN discounts, and do let us know if you find a coupon for the same.

Like I understand, 25-30% is a huge discount in terms of RamNode. I'd probably have to stop waiting for that large discount that I was dreaming of anyway.

Hopefully, RamNode will be providing something interesting sometime soon.

Thanks to @Nick_A and the whole company for this fantastic service to world.

• @Nekki said:

I'd probably stop seeking for that big discounts from the comments on this page. 25%-30% is quite a bit much in terms of the performance provided by RamNode, and I am not sure when they're going to offer again.

I am looking at good CPU share (Near like RN. I don't have CPU requirement but I'd like it more when required), somewhere in Netherlands/UK, SSD, 1 GB RAM and at $5/mo.

Is this something alienish I've just asked?

• sinsin Member

You missed the 30% off they had for Cyber Monday, they also had a 25% off for XMAS. Honestly though there's so many good KVM providers now that offer quality production-level VPSes at cheap prices.

• He became rich~

so there's no discount

• @sin said:
    You missed the 30% off they had for Cyber Monday, they also had a 25% off for XMAS. Honestly though there's so many good KVM providers now that offer quality production-level VPSes at cheap prices.

Can you name few please?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@mandark said:
    Can you name few please?

Tacohost, inc

Thanked by 2raindog308 GM2015
  • LeeLee Veteran

mandark said: Hopefully, RamNode will be providing something interesting sometime soon.

Thanks to @Nick_A and the whole company for this fantastic service to world.

Being a suck up and tagging him won't get you that discount.

Thanked by 1Peroni
  • @Lee said:
    Being a suck up and tagging him won't get you that discount.

Not everyone thinks like you do, LOL!

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

We'll probably never offer something in that 40% range again as those were only for our old pricing scheme which was changed back in July of 2014. From then until this past holiday season, we never went past 10% that I can think of. Of course the 25% stuff was just for brief periods of time during the holidays, and 10% is back in place for now. We may do something again at the end of the year, but don't hold me to it!

• sinsin Member

mandark said: Can you name few please?

Lunanode, OVH, VULTR, Leaseweb, etc - You can find plenty of quality KVM plans that are cheap nowadays. Ramnode is of course also amazing so just keep an eye out during major holidays and they usually have a 25% off then.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

mandark said: That's sad, isn't it?

If the difference between $13.50/yr (10% off) and $9.00/yr (40%), which is $4.50 a year or less than 38 cents a month is a huge factor in your decision about signing up for a very highly regarded provider, then yes, that is sad.

• @raindog308 said:
    If the difference between $13.50/yr (10% off) and $9.00/yr (40%), which is $4.50 a year or less than 38 cents a month is a huge factor in your decision about signing up for a very highly regarded provider, then yes, that is sad.

Did you know that ramnode has more than 1 plan?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

TheOnlyDK said: Did you know that ramnode has more than 1 plan?

Whoa! I had no clue!

Forgive me for giving one example instead of providing an exhaustive financial analysis.

The same point is true regardless of plan: Ramnode is cheap.

Thanked by 3Lee jar ATHK
  • blackblack Member
    edited January 2016

If ramnode offers 40%-50% discount, they're going to deadpool. If you want that kind of experience, go with some other provider, there's a few of them here.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Did you know that ramnode has more than 1 plan?

As best as I can tell their most expensive plan is $112; the difference between 10% and 40% is $33.60, or just over a dollar a day. Still not a huge difference and it gets better when paying annually.

RamNode is not the lowest cost provider, but they're incredibly affordable and their service is awesome.

• sinsin Member

Dediserve is having a $5.50 special right now OP, 1GB with 1 cpu (dedicated core) and located in Psychz Dallas.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @JustAMacUser said:
    RamNode is not the lowest cost provider, but they're incredibly affordable and their service is awesome.

Not saying their service is bad or whatever, I love my ramnode server and I'm thinking of getting more to replace some other ones. Point is, can't assume that everyone will be buying the cheapest plan, and not everyone find that $33.6 a month EXTRA is affordable.

There's nothing wrong with asking for additional details, and all it takes is an explanation to tell them that the profit margin is low and whatever the pricing they can get is already the best. I'm sure most will understand.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    There's nothing wrong with asking for additional details, and all it takes is an explanation to tell them that the profit margin is low and whatever the pricing they can get is already the best.

Cheap people asking for even cheaper service increases the overhead of running a business, and thus further reduces the profit margin of anyone that bothers to respond. So there's plenty wrong with asking, and everyone who is worth doing business with already understands the reality of the bottom line. Pick a lower low-end provider if RamNode is out of your price range; show them the courtesy of not being a beggar and a chooser.

• Not everyone replies on a forum (like LET) represents a company. Anyone can just explain the facts in less than 1 min, and it would make the whole internet more peaceful. We need more love, not hate, and your thoughts are not helping this.