Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared Review 1 year, 6 months, 2 days - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared Review 1 year, 6 months, 2 days

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@nocker said:
    the annoying for reseller is their cpanel IP always redirect to their hostname, i can not use ip:2082 as cpanel login and it make my cpanel not whitelabel

It's a tough one. If we leave it normally, then people will get angry that it's going to error out about the SSL since cPanel doesn't support multiple SSL's being used on the cPanel/WHM ports.

the domain we use is "pretty whitelabeled" we felt, but if you have other ideas let me know :)

Francisco

• You could always use CloudFare to eliminate the need for DDoS protection.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

VPSAddict said: You could always use CloudFare to eliminate the need for DDoS protection.

Perhaps if you have their business plan or higher

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited January 2016

@VPSAddict said:
    You could always use CloudFare to eliminate the need for DDoS protection.

Sure, if you pay $200/m for their business plan.

CloudFlare free isn't an alternative to DDOS protection...

And Cloudflare disables their service on your domain for 7 days, if someone attacks it for ~ 30 mins or more with a large attack, exposing your servers real IP.

CrimeFlare also regularly updates their database with the server ip for many sites that use cloudflare http://www.crimeflare.com/cfs.html

• @xaitmi said:

Oh... Pardon my ignorance, then. However, I have received attacks of up to 10-20Gbit/s with a botnet and CloudFare was down and never exposed the real IP.

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited January 2016

@VPSAddict said:
    Oh... Pardon my ignorance, then. However, I have received attacks of up to 10-20Gbit/s with a botnet and CloudFare was down and never exposed the real IP.

Well lucky you.

It's happened to me a few times on a couple of domains, and I've received attacks much larger than that.

Anyways, Cloudflare Free is not a DDOS protection solution . Sure it can help mitigate attacks to a certain extent, but it is not an alternative to DDOS protection.

There are also Cloudflare resolvers that can grab the IP your trying to hide.

Just tested this one with one of my CF domains and it works.

http://skresolver.com/cloudflare-resolver.php

• @xaitmi said:
    Anyways, Cloudflare Free is not a DDOS protection solution . Sure it can help mitigate attacks to a certain extent, but it is not an alternative to DDOS protection.

I know it isn't practical to use CloudFare to shield off large, daily attacks... But it can be used as a crutch and many production sites use it, just the upgraded packages.

• kaflokaflo Member
    edited January 2016

@Francisco said:
    You can get a refund

Now what?

@kaflo said:
    Now what?

I'll chat to him in the morning and see what he says. I may be able to swing it for you.

Francisco

• nockernocker Member
    edited January 2016

consider to disable always redirect to SSL so i have option to use ssl or not on cpanel login

@nocker said:
    consider to disable always redirect to SSL so i have option to use ssl or not on cpanel login

Hrm. It's ultimately a security issue though.

Francisco

• xaitmi said: Just tested this one with one of my CF domains and it works.

Then your site is configured wrongly. Didn't show any of my frontend ip's.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Francisco said: As mentioned, depending on how many domains you have hosted a graceful restart is usually 5~15 seconds. The issue lv-shared03 originally had is we had a single reseller with ~20,000 domains/subdomains from freenom and it caused our httpd.conf to be around ~60MB, with nearly 3/4 of it being him. It caused reloads to take upwards of 20~30 seconds due to the amount of parsing involved.

Whoa...I'd never considered that. I've admin'd cPanel (and still do) but it's always been a small number of users/domains and no one notices restarts.

So you're saying if I'm Dreamhost or Hawkhost or whatever and I have a webserver with 5,000 domains (probably not unusual for them), every time someone adds a subdomain, my entire Apache restarts and the web server is down for 5-10 seconds?

Seems like I could engineer a pretty easy denial of service attack...just add/remove an addon domain every 5-10 seconds.

I really find this quite amazing/appalling and I'm wondering how these large hosting companies can stay in business. I've used Dreamhost and didn't see frequent outages like that. Is "Apache goes down for 10 seconds whenever someone adds a domain" really the case? Not doubting @Francisco just surprised because I haven't seen tons of people complaining about it.

I realize your 20K subdomains is not typical but I'd think a few thousand accounts on a webserver is not unusual.

• @raindog308 said:

Same here. Never seen those extremely frequent 1min downtimes other than at BuyShared monitors.

• apollo15apollo15 Member
    edited January 2016

thats not apache/lsws issue. I have only seen it going down after adding a domain if i/o or cpu were hammered to dead

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Francisco said: I may be able to swing it for you.

I thought you were the boss :-) Although the underground revolutionary LEB community has anticipated an Aldryic coup for some time...

• raindog308 said: I thought you were the boss :-) Although the underground revolutionary LEB community has anticipated an Aldryic coup for some time...

Apparently not when it comes to billing :)

edited January 2016

@Traffic said:
    Same here. Never seen those extremely frequent 1min downtimes other than at BuyShared monitors.

None of those hosts also give dedicated IP's to each and every one of their customers, so there's a lot of rebinding times as well :) If it was all sitting under a single IP it would likely graceful restart faster.

With that being said, if I'm right on the rebind times, it should become more common as IPV6 gets used more. cPanel assigns an IPv6 address per account, so there'll be quite a few addresses in use.

There's also the chance it's just someone eating a DDOS and a nullroute taking a few seconds to enable. I know there's a couple people that have got more attacks on their shared plans than any troll with a VPS has. I ran the numbers on one customer and they had ~90 nullroutes in 4 months.

@raindog308 said:
    I thought you were the boss :-) Although the underground revolutionary LEB community has anticipated an Aldryic coup for some time...

@DreamCaster said:
    Apparently not when it comes to billing :)

Pretty well, for the most part I gave up my billing privileges many moons ago.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Francisco

Aldryic have the bigger dick? Or is the bigger dick?

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Aldryic have the bigger dick? Or is the bigger dick?

Is the bigger dick, yes, has the, don't know, it's not a conversation piece when I chat with his wife.

I was overly nice with billing back in the day and believed way too many sob stories.

Francisco

Thanked by 3Junkless ATHK k0nsl
  • @Francisco said:

So my application for FindTiddles.space will be denied?

• TinyTunnel_Tom said: So my application for FindTiddles.space will be denied?

-------off the joke--------

These guys are giving a great service and good support for a budget friendly value. Regardless of their dick size and their wives, I would go recommend them to anyone looking for shared/reseller hosting. Kudos to BuyShared. I like this brand will recommend to people on here and different environments.

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited January 2016

@Francisco said:
    know there's a couple people that have got more attacks on their shared plans than any troll with a VPS has. I ran the numbers on one customer and they had ~90 nullroutes in 4 months.

I'm one of those customers, xD

I've been blackholed/nullrouted 138 times as of 01/08/2016 22:58 since September 2015 according to the blackhole log Shiyas gave me.

I've tried setting up an nginx reverse proxy, but I can't get it to play nice with cPanel servers.

It always sends my domain to the default cpanel webpage when I point my domain to the reverse proxy ip..

Eventually just gonna move the site that attracts attacks over to a ddos protected VPS.

• @xaitmi said:
    I've tried setting up an nginx reverse proxy, but I can't get it to play nice.

It always sends my domain to the cPanel webpage when I point my domain to the reverse proxy.

Pm me your reverse proxy configuration and I'll see if I can help you out. I have a feeling you're not forwarding the correct headers.

You're likely forgetting to set 'host' to the domain in question, that way it routes it properly.

Francisco

• I've been with BuyShared for over a year as well, I have no bad things to say about them at all. Just perfect as a cheap shared host.

• I use BuyShared. Its been pretty okay except for the recent problems on lv-shared03 and lv-shared04. But still waiting for things to get completely fixed and I'm pretty confident they will be soon.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • all email go to spam because ip blacklisted on DNSBL :(

edited January 2016

@nocker said:
    all email go to spam because ip blacklisted on DNSBL :(

You should ticket and I'll take a peak. It's possible the primary IP is burned up, whenever our phpmail blocks get disabled (cpanel likes to overwrite my changes and removes my chattr's) then the mountain of compromised wordpresses go HAM.

For fun:

root@lv-shared04 [~]# wc -l /var/log/sendmail_wrapper.log
    363770 /var/log/sendmail_wrapper.log

And

root@lv-shared03 [~]# wc -l /var/log/sendmail_wrapper.log
    1483851 /var/log/sendmail_wrapper.log

That's sendmail calls (PHP mail(), direct sendmail, etc) that have been attempted since the 6th of this month. Of that 99.99%+ are from compromises, the rest are user crons.

Francisco

• when you planning to creat new stock in lux reseller?