Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared Review 1 year, 6 months, 2 days - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared Review 1 year, 6 months, 2 days

Comments

• @Jonchun yeah in root.lu, but like middle 2014 to middle 2015, so not complaining really, just didnt worked out good and stable enough for me, but i just saw this thread and saw that there were still issues with that location.... if it was smooth sailing i might have tried again :D

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

fiend said: shame the service had and apparently still has some glitches in LU :/

@Jonchun said:
    If I'm understanding correctly from the posts I've seen, Francisco claims it was a root.lu issue that is now fixed? or is it still in progress? Something about a switch failing?

LU's been fine ever since they removed us from the port channel. I have an issue where a new router I sent over seems to have been damaged in shipping, but that isn't causing any issues short of annoying the crap out of me as I have a fight with Fedex. I've had to reboot shared once or twice to get r1soft to work again since the kernel module would bug out, but that's a minute or two each time.

If you're hitting CPU caps...where is that something we caused? We allow up to 1 core of usage, if you're blowing past that (Wordpress plugins are the bane of CPU usage), then you should really consider some caching setups or you'll probably need a VPS w/ a less heavy PHP setup.

The big issue with shared hosting PHP's is they're usually extremely bloated from all the modules people want. CL shaves that down some but still.

Francisco

• Thanked by 1DreamCaster
  • miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited January 2016

Francisco said: (Wordpress plugins are the bane of CPU usage),

I refer to that as plugin addiction

• fiendfiend Member
    edited January 2016

@Francisco your support was great, im still from the time that when you talk with support you always think that they are going to throw you out for using "too much cpu" hehehe

The hitting of the CPU caps was at the time issues with the node or litespeed or some other issue or issues with me or the cpanel setup like 5.4 on default, sorry cant remember the reasons but it was always worked out with support, but there were also lots of little downtimes and sites would run smooth and then crawl for no apparent reason for me, sometimes because of cpu throttling other times i couldnt see why...

And we are talking about 7 sites between 2 large reseller account that get +/- 500 visits a day each and yes some were wordpress and some i tweaked the caching even more (because support asked me), i know i know... but in my head it should have been able to handle this even without the optimizations, but after a year it just felt like it couldn't handle that... much else more, so yeah not a fit with me, in comparison my setup now runs super stable fast and good (nginx as reverse,apache,fpm 5.6 opcache,mariadb), but well I prefer creating stuff than sysadmin, just haven't found a place that can take care of that part for me :D

@miTgiB said:
    I refer to that as plugin addiction

Pretty well. We've had multiple people with 2 - 3 dozen plugins, each one doing remote API calls/lookups on every page view and they get upset that their page takes 4 - 10 seconds to load. We explain it, they argue that we're wrong, so we offer them a refund and a backup.

It's just not worth it to spend hours and hours trying to change the mind of someone paying $5/year. It's easier to just tell them it isn't going to work out and they go rotating through another dozen or two hosts before they remove most of their plugins.

Francisco

fiend said: +/- 500 visits a day each and yes some were wordpress and some i tweaked the caching even more (because support asked me)

It honestly sounds like some ugly plugins or something doing remote checks. We got some fairly busy wordpresses on shared (~5k views/day) but they use one of the static file caching wordpress plugins and it stops all of their heartaches.

Francisco

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited January 2016

w3tc for cahing and https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/ this for sitemaps as a minimum for me.

The latter can pester(I mean they get google for sure on your site) search engines for crawling.

Francisco said: It honestly sounds like some ugly plugins or something doing remote checks. We got some fairly busy wordpresses on shared (~5k views/day) but they use one of the static file caching wordpress plugins and it stops all of their heartaches.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited January 2016

@Francisco said:

Out of curiosity, can you kick these plugin from hell clients faster? There are lots of normal clients waiting for stock :p

• Jonchun said: Out of curiosity, can you kick these plugin from hell clients faster?

LVE Manager is your friend, give the abusers 1% CPU :P

@Jonchun said:
    Out of curiosity, can you kick these plugin from hell clients faster? There are lots of normal clients waiting for stock :p

Haha. I already asked Aldryic to see what we got spare in LU. We'll probably have a dozen or so plans spare after the few reserves we have get paid.

GM2015 said: w3tc for cahing and https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/ this for sitemaps as a minimum for me.

Is that one better than supercache? I honestly haven't sat and looked around but I know one of them caches non-cookied users to .html files on disk so assuming your site get almost no comments, it keeps things extremely snappy.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • I believe it caches extremely to disk with tons of files. I've had some sites with many thousands of pages and the damn thing ran out of inodes on a $5/m digitalocean vm.

It supports caching to memory(redis iirc, memcached and plus some other), so depends on how people set it up. It's somewhat complicated for noobs, but it's not after setting it up on 3-5 sites.

Francisco said: Is that one better than supercache? I honestly haven't sat and looked around but I know one of them caches non-cookied users to .html files on disk so assuming your site get almost no comments

Thanked by 1Francisco

@miTgiB said:
    LVE Manager is your friend, give the abusers 1% CPU :P

Pretty well. For the most part our limits are pretty liberal, 250k inode limit (to keep backups somewhat reasonable timewise), 1 fair share core, 1GB fair share RAM, 25MB/sec to the disk.

Still, a heavy wordpress is still going to knock that around.

Francisco

• @Francisco no not really, they weren't bloated with tons of plugins, none of my sites are like that, I like simple and if i can i hardcode in the theme/or child before using a plugin (and yes i do sometimes break things), and i do remember support asking to add wp super cache because one or two didnt have any caching enable (they were new sites so they had no plugins), there were some small issues on your side at the time (for a period of a year), and some continuous issues on my side with the setup, still like i said support was great in trying to make it all work, just for one reason or another it didnt... never again I tried that litespeed/cloudlinux/cpanel mix hahahah im kidding kidding, but really i kinda never did :P

• Yup,lots of annoying offline alerts mail on lv4 too.Maybe they don't want to play with a 5 penny client,I submitted one ticket and described the issue, reply the ticket blablabla,you guess wat they deleted my reply and reclaimed that they did not guarantee cloudflare SLA.I don't sure why they have so confidence their service is more smooth and stable than cloudflare.Just moving totally 800 uv wp sites to other and still stood behind cloudflare,everything ran smoothly.So I'm out.

GM2015 said: I believe it caches extremely to disk with tons of files. I've had some sites with many thousands of pages and the damn thing ran out of inodes on a $5/m digitalocean vm.

Well, 20GB space is going to be like...200k inodes or something at 16K blocks? I don't have a calculator.

Anyway, thanks, it's worth testing.

@fiend - Fair enough :) if you're still active and want me to take a look let me know.

Francisco

• Yeah, it's a great plugin if you can't write fancy caching and such rewrite rules.

Regarding inodes:

Filesystem      Inodes  IUsed  IFree IUse% Mounted on
    /dev/vda1      1305600 750883 554717   58% /

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/vda1        20G  7.0G   12G  38% /

Francisco said: Well, 20GB space is going to be like...200k inodes or something at 16K blocks? I don't have a calculator.

Anyway, thanks, it's worth testing.

• thanks, but im good @Francisco it was more than 6 months ago, unless you want to confirm something and need my account number you can pm me for that :)

• JunklessJunkless Member
    edited January 2016

For what it's worth, I have been using the Lu reseller for the past few months. Only 1 Wordpress site with 700-1500 daily UVs (according to cloudflare analytics) and more than a couple of dozen plugins. No throttling or issues, though I was using W3TC. Never got any warnings or slowdowns.

• I am also a client of BuyShared ( 2 packages) since last 1.5 years.. didn't face any problem till now.. really great provider

• The problem is while we're pertaining to the same brand which is buyshared, we all have different experiences because we're all hosted on different servers.

buyshared has lv-shared01, lv-shared02, lv-shared03, lv-shared04 servers

and 01 and 02 seems to be stable ones based on the clients that are on it including the OP. Then there's 03 and 04 (where my sites were formerly on) and those 2 had problems.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Well, if it helps, I am on shared 01

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited January 2016

@kaflo said:
    The problem is while we're pertaining to the same brand which is buyshared, we all have different experiences because we're all hosted on different servers.

buyshared has lv-shared01, lv-shared02, lv-shared03, lv-shared04 servers

and 01 and 02 seems to be stable ones based on the clients that are on it including the OP. Then there's 03 and 04 (where my sites were formerly on) and those 2 had problems.

My reseller is on lvshared02
    And one account is on lvshared04

Never had any problems on those 2 nodes.

Note: I've had the account on shared04 since the beginning of jan.

• kaflokaflo Member
    edited January 2016

@xaitmi said:
    Note: I've had the account on shared04 since the beginning of jan.

You dodged the bullet then

@Francisco said:
    We've had a lot of issues with (what we think is) CentOS 7 + Cloudlinux on lv-shared03 & lv-shared04 that has been really problematic. The big issue we're having is litespeed will just die w/o any reason. We've had to remove litespeed from both of those nodes and go back to Apache just to not have to be woken up through-out the night from LSWS dying and not coming back.
    It was a very frustrating Christmas to say the least.

@kaflo said:
    You dodged the bullet then

The only issue we had on 04 has been every time I tried to roll it back to litespeed (twice now). The first time we saw litespeed crash w/o reason we swapped it to apache since we already had seen that happen on 03. We had people crying that they wanted litespeed so I updated the version in hopes that it was just us being on an older version but the same thing happened.

As of right now I have no plans to put litespeed back on 04, but, until further notice future nodes will be CentOS 6 based just because those all have been fine.

Francisco

• @Francisco What's wrong with nginx other than the lack of htaccess support?

@Traffic said:
    Francisco What's wrong with nginx other than the lack of htaccess support?

The lack of proper cpanel integration?

We want something that doesn't increase our ticket load due to "that isn't supported" or "you have to do that a completely different way". I'm surprised with how well apache 2.4 is holding up with enough RAM behind it. Litespeed would've been 1 - 2 load points lower, but it's still quite smooth.

Francisco

• xaitmi said: Being able to buy a DDOS protected IP on a shared hosting package would be awesome.

>

I wish they could offer this too, but the price is so low for the packages, it's hardly worth it.

I've been with them for a few months hosting a large amount of sites, LetsEncrypt module is AWESOME. Enjoying it so far, tickets are answered quickly and knowledgeable.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @eastonch said:
    I've been with them for a few months hosting a large amount of sites, LetsEncrypt module is AWESOME. Enjoying it so far, tickets are answered quickly and knowledgeable.

BuyShared is a great provider of shared web hosting. If you are looking to enhance what they already offer by simply adding DDoS protection you should look into remote DDoS mitigation via reverse proxy. This will probably suite your needs perfectly.

• the annoying for reseller is their cpanel IP always redirect to their hostname, i can not use ip:2082 as cpanel login and it make my cpanel not whitelabel