Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Providers that allow torrent clients?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Providers that allow torrent clients?

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
edited January 2013 in Providers

Subject says it all...who?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Limit settings, keep IO reasonable, don't get a DMCA, can't find a problem with it under those rules.

• BuyVM is one. Had them before, speeds arent that great compared to specialized seedboxes but it works. They said it's fine as long as you keep IO at a low, meaning you dont fire up 20 active torrents at once.

• As per what Jarland says, as long as IO and other resource usage is reasonable and we receive no abuse / complaints then happy to do it on the storage plans https://www.cloudshards.com/backupvpshosting.php.

The other plans... not at the moment.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

RamNode

• @concerto49 said: as long as IO and other resource usage is reasonable

Can you give rule that more measurable/objective?

• @kampung said: Can you give rule that more measurable/objective?

Actually, New York VPS would be fine too. Just Texas is NO due to running Internap networks and all sorts of complexities. Maybe in the future.

The measurable/objective is unless it annoys others that they complain, or it completely slows down the node, we @ Cloud Shards have so far not sent any abuse report over resources.

• @concerto49 said: The measurable/objective is unless it annoys others that they complain, or it completely slows down the node, we @ Cloud Shards have so far not sent any abuse report over resources.

for example, IIRC ramhost give limit of 100KBPS for upload and donwload

• SecuredSpeed.

Like everyone mentioned, when torrenting on a VPS, it's important to just remember to be a good neighbor since you are in a shared network and disk I/O environment.

• Why not to use a specialized seedbox instead?

• @nstorm said: Why not to use a specialized seedbox instead?

Because LEBs are cheaper? And you can install other services too..

• Because LEBs are cheaper? And you can install other services too..

Seedboxes start at $6. That is cheap enough and offering better IO and bandwidth than a LEB.

• @nstorm said: Seedboxes start at $6

Specs/Link? Ive tried others before at $10m (10GB diskspace, 3 active torrents, 200mbps) and had a better experience with a $3.5m LEB

• nstormnstorm Member
    edited January 2013

@yowmamasita this one for example: https://seed.st/seedbox?p=mini
    Not tried that myself. I've had other seedbox few years ago. For 5 GBP/mo it had 80Gb diskspace / 40 mbps upload limit (download is unlimited). Everything else, including BW was unmetered/unlimited.

EDIT: Also this one https://www.seedbox.fr/go looks good too. I remember that company from old times, so it should be reliable.

There are a lot more cheap seedboxes you can find if you google for it and can also find a feedback on them.

• Kimsufi, $17/m 100Mbits 1TB disk :)

• @eastonch kimsufi are BW limited to 5 TB/mo.

• @nstorm said: kimsufi are BW limited to 5 TB/mo.

I thought Kimsufi were unlimited, you just get throttled to 10Mb for the rest of the month after you've passed your 'cap'.

• @nstorm

It's unlimited to 5TB, but Im just constantly seeding on a private tracker for some ratio build ups; absolutely perfect at 3-4TB/month.

• @nstorm said: There are a lot more cheap seedboxes you can find if you google for it and can also find a feedback on them.

Thanks for those recommendations. I m looking for a seedbox for a while

• seedroots.com

• @Nekki yes. But for torrents 10 Mbits/s are very low, you won't be getting much of that box after limit are hit. Thats why I've said it's "limited to".

Besides for $17 you could get a much better seedbox. Even that fact that they are shared (compared to dedicated kimsufi server) doesn't makes them worse. They are more specialized for torrents. I.e. high speed unmetered ports, enough diskspace etc. And all the server does anyways is seeding torrents (i.e. compared to LEB, where you share various tasks on the same hardware node). Means that everyone will get a fair share of resources according to their rate and nobody will complain about taking too much.

• @curtisg said: seedroots.com

oh that homepage, took me back to 90's :)

• @nstorm I'm not going to argue with you over semantics, it's just better to give a clear picture rather than an opinionated one - I've personally had no issue seeding at 10MBits, so whether you'll 'get much out of the box' will vary based on requirements.

I don't disagree with you that you could get a better seed box for $17, if that's the only requirement.

• IMO better to go w/ usenet. Depending on what your goals are.

• We do, as long as it isn't abused.

• BK_BK_ Member

Yeah, BuyVM does on their non-US IP's. I believe they've got a TurnKey torrent application OS reload option as well in their Stallion panel as well, although I haven't personally tried it.

• @Ishaq said: We do, as long as it isn't abused.

I didnt know this one. Is it allowed on all locations?

• I would ask @Woet, he is really big into piracy and could help you out.

• +1 for asking @Woet, he knows his piracy.