Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RV GlobalSoft Return Fee $34 Charge?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RV GlobalSoft Return Fee $34 Charge?

Hello,

So I have a $6 service with RV GlobalSoft, my invoice went overdue this month because I didnt receive any mails about it somehow and a two days later this shows up on my bank statement:

Type: Fee

Description: RETURNED ITEM FEE FOR AN UNPAID $6.00 ITEM - DETAILS: RV GLOBAL SOFT C IAT PAYPAL ***** WEB ID: *****

Amount: $34.00

Nowhere do I see on their website such fee so has anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks

Comments

• Ouch! Those bastards!

• Tell those bastards to sit down!

• sinsin Member
    edited January 2016

That looks like a bank/paypal overdraft fee so maybe you have a paypal subscription setup for automatic payments to that host and the payment couldn't be completed?

• @sin said:
    That looks like a bank/paypal overdraft fee so maybe you have a paypal subscription setup for automatic payments to that host and the payment couldn't be completed?

Hello,

Hmm, Ill call my bank about that.

• That is not rvsoft fee, thats the fee your bank charged for insufficient funds when they tried to pay rvsoft

• @ioZoom said:
    That is not rvsoft fee, thats the fee your bank charged for insufficient funds when they tried to pay rvsoft

Hello,

Thanks for letting me know, although thats very strange. I had WAAAYYY more than enough to pay for that.... wtf..

• @ChairHosting said:
    wtf..

Moderate your tone and go to the thinking chair.

• @Jonchun said:
    Tell those bastards to sit down!

That's my line.......

Thanked by 2ehab vpsGOD
  • This is why you shouldn't laze around on a chair and look at your emails and pay your bills.

Thanked by 2Traffic ManofServer
  • @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    That's my line.......

All credits go to Tom.

• nowprovisionnowprovision Member
    edited January 2016

Return fee is a bank fee, and it might not show up the same day as the initial rejected transaction. This is nothing to do with the vendor in question, this is your bank teaching you to be responsible via a penalty fee since you were not able to deliver on the paypal agreement, this usually starts happening on accounts when the holder is over 16..

• LeeLee Veteran

Hosts are as bad as clients then, run to LET with a WTF thread and call someone else out before checking your own end first.

Thanked by 2ATHK MarkTurner
  • ehabehab Member
    edited January 2016

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    That's my line.......

nobody ever cross the lines with ttt :D
    #
    ever

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • nowprovision said: this usually starts happening on accounts when the holder is over 16..

What bank lets you have an account before you turn 18?

• @ChairHosting sorry for my spam above.

• @Rallias said:

Quite a few in the UK do

• @Rallias said:

I thought most did, at least in the UK, I don't think they actually do unpaid/returned fees though until your 16 and they transfer you to an adult account, and then a different ballgame at 18 with overdrafts etc... I could be wrong this was a long time ago < 2000

• sinsin Member

Rallias said: What bank lets you have an account before you turn 18

Banks here in the US will let you open a custodial account, you just bring you mother or father with you. I remember getting a checking account at 15 - needed a place for direct deposits from work.

• ChairHostingChairHosting Member
    edited January 2016

@Rallias said:

Hello

Im actually 26 :-). I had a couple thousand dollars on my account when I was charged.

• @UnitUnidentified said:
    This is why you shouldn't laze around on a chair and look at your emails and pay your bills.

Hello

I don't pay most bills, I do mainly server administration work. My colleague actually handles billing :-).

• @ChairHosting said:
    I don't pay most bills, I do mainly server administration work. My colleague actually handles billing :-).

If all he does is pay the bills, he must be the laziest co-worker I've ever met.

Thanked by 2Corey netomx
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

ChairHosting said: I had a couple thousand dollars on my account when I was charged.

It is simple you didn't have the money in your account to cover that charge. They just don't charge you that for no reason!

Edit: You may have $$$ in the account now but didn't have any at the time they tried to take out the ACH debit.

Edit: If you call them and be nice and this instance has not happened before they will credit your account that charge. If your nice.

Thanked by 2netomx Lee
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

I don't know if this my POV this kinda of hurts the company's reputation that they cant even handle their personal accounting. What makes us trust your business accounting is any better?

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @PieNotEvenEaten said:
    I don't know if this my POV this kinda of hurts the company's reputation that they cant even handle their personal accounting. What makes us trust your business accounting is any better?

Couldn't agree more, however OP will probably just state that his "team mate" does the bills.

• @PieNotEvenEaten said:
    Edit: If you call them and be nice and this instance has not happened before they will credit your account that charge. If your nice.

Hello,

I checked, I did in fact have enough however my bank declined the transaction anyway. Strange.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited January 2016

@ChairHosting in my experience a "RETURNED ITEM FEE" is charged by the vendor to recuperate a fee that was charged to him by HIS bank due to a check not clearing. Since this is a paypal charge the $34 fee would seem inappropriate.

EDIT: fixed it

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

So perhaps a title adjustment to reflect that this wasn't RV Global Soft's fault?