Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BGP providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BGP providers

jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
edited January 2016 in General

Hello! I'm interested to know providers that gives BGP sessions.

Peers:

Price:

Thanks!

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

A list can be found at https://ip6.im/recommended-isp.html thanks to @William

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

We can setup free BGP sessions in all seven of our locations.

Thanked by 3FrankZ lifehome aveline
  • jmginer said: Hello! I'm interested to know providers that gives BGP sessions.

You would be better off stating your use, or at least it is/is not for anycast, as not all providers who offer BGP will meet your needs.

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@jmginer said:
    Hello! I'm interested to know providers that gives BGP sessions.

Peers:

Price:

Thanks!

Hello there,

Do you need IP Transit (internet access) or Peering (prefix announcement) ?

Thank you.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

We do

Thanked by 3FrankZ lifehome Fusl
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

If you get services with him, @Jonchun can sort you out for free.

Thanked by 2Jonchun lifehome
  • I think it's safe to say this is related to YO'MAMA? Expect DDOS...

• What do you want to do with the BGP session - anycast or something else? Yes, we also offer BGP sessions (for free), but still we want to know what's the use case before we agree.

• jonathanjonathan Member, LIR

You may wish to consider andrinotelecom.net. My company uses them. They offer BGP and the owner is very responsive and active on this forum.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

jonathan said: andrinotelecom.net

I wouldn't trust them. Owner has an history of DDoSing people he disagrees with, among other things.

He was also previously working for an ISP which DDoSed many of their Spanish competitors. I am not sure if they got sued in the end but some of the affected ISPs were trying to.

It's fun because the ISP he was working with had DDoS problems itself and they couldn't maintain 99 % uptime some months. They were also selling DDoS mitigation for their customers, go figure...

And last I checked, Andrino Telecom was just a very small operation with some rented space at Serverius, I doubt he has any full time employees.

• Nyr said: It's fun because the ISP he was working with had DDoS problems itself and they couldn't maintain 99 % uptime some months. They were also selling DDoS mitigation for their customers, go figure...

Sounds like a provider I know.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • @NexHost said:
    Sounds like a provider I know.

jmckeag??

• Nyr said: I wouldn't trust them. Owner has an history of DDoSing people he disagrees with, among other things.

You're accusing me of committing a serious crime, which is punishable by up to two years of prison under Spanish penal code. If you have some proof of this, I kindly invite you to share it publicly, or go to court and sue me.

Nyr said: He was also previously working for an ISP which DDoSed many of their Spanish competitors. I am not sure if they got sued in the end but some of the affected ISPs were trying to.

It's fun because the ISP he was working with had DDoS problems itself and they couldn't maintain 99 % uptime some months. They were also selling DDoS mitigation for their customers, go figure...

I've never been employed by anyone, I have always worked as freelance or in my own business. And even if that were true, obviously I wouldn't be responsible of what my boss do.

Nyr said: And last I checked, Andrino Telecom was just a very small operation with some rented space at Serverius, I doubt he has any full time employees.

Yes we're a small team, four people just making enough for a living. I've even invited you to visit our office! https://lowendbox.com/blog/clickvps-net-e3-74month-1gb-ssd-openvz-in-dronten-the-netherlands/#comment-530303

It's kind of surprising (knowing you, maybe not) that you bothered to spread some lies against me just because we had a personal disagreement like five? years ago. It's okay, I don't like you, you don't like me. But please, don't be a dick.

Thanked by 2Jacob ManofServer
    Price: €30.00 one-time fee per subnet
    Peers: see http://bgp.he.net/AS49544#_graph4

Price: free
    Peers: see http://bgp.he.net/AS49981#_graph4

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

We're more than happy to help in London, UK.
    AS62240, free announcement of v4 and v6 for Dedicated and free announcement of v6 for Cloud. V4 for Cloud subject to technical survey.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

No issues, we can do that.

• Old thread revives.
    Many offers arrive.

martinandrino said: You're accusing me of committing a serious crime, which is punishable by up to two years of prison under Spanish penal code. If you have some proof of this, I kindly invite you to share it publicly, or go to court and sue me.

Proof from UDP reflection attacks. You know that's ridiculous. Anyway, I still have a recorded phone call from your old employer admitting to the attacks (and you know it).

martinandrino said: I've never been employed by anyone, I have always worked as freelance or in my own business. And even if that were true, obviously I wouldn't be responsible of what my boss do.

Being a "falso autonomo" (fake freelance) = being employed in Spanish law. Anyway at the very least you pointed the people you were working with to me and I got ddosed because of that (if not directly by you, which don't find difficult to believe).

You also know Cyberneticos (and others in Spain) were trying to obtain proof of you and your associates activities to sue, so don't act so surprised like you don't know anything. Sered was selling (shitty) DDoS protection and they were DDoSing competitors. Maybe you weren't employed but you were working for them.

martinandrino said: It's kind of surprising (knowing you, maybe not) that you bothered to spread some lies against me just because we had a personal disagreement like five? years ago. It's okay, I don't like you, you don't like me. But please, don't be a dick.

Lies?

• You have an history of DDoSing - True. Maybe you aren't nowadays, but that was de case some years ago. Still have logs from some of your old "friends" telling me about this.

• You worked (okay, maybe not employed and freelance, I don't care) for someone who was selling DDoS protection and DDoSing competitors? True. Kinda popular history in the Spanish hosting industry, I'm not discovering a secret here.

• Andrino Telecom is just a very small operation with some space at Serverius? True. Indeed your ASN + IP space justification was obtained by using two VPS with BGP, one at Sered and other at Portlane plus an UK LTD IIRC. In your website, you also claim "Andrino also operates an Internet Backbone in Europe". Yeah, lol.

You are full of bullshit, as always.

• martinandrinomartinandrino Member
    edited February 2016

Nyr said: Proof from UDP reflection attacks. You know that's ridiculous. Anyway, I still have a recorded phone call from your old employer admitting to the attacks (and you know it).

Then you're proving my point, that those are just your assumptions. I'm still waiting for proof showing that I am/was involved on any DDoS operation.

Nyr said: Being a "falso autonomo" (fake freelance) = being employed in Spanish law. Anyway at the very least you pointed the people you were working with to me and I got ddosed because of that (if not directly by you, which don't find difficult to believe).

You also know Cyberneticos (and others in Spain) were trying to obtain proof of you and your associates activities to sue, so don't act so surprised like you don't know anything. Sered was selling (shitty) DDoS protection and they were DDoSing competitors. Maybe you weren't employed but you were working for them.

First news I have that Cyberneticos has anything against me. As a freelance consultant, I've provided tech consulting services to many companies within the Spanish hosting industry. I won't confirm nor deny if I've made business in particular with Sered (or anyone else), but in any case that doesn't makes me guilty of whatever THEY did/do (which you still have to prove).

Nyr said: Andrino Telecom is just a very small operation with some space at Serverius? True. Indeed your ASN + IP space justification was obtained by using two VPS with BGP, one at Sered and other at Portlane plus an UK LTD IIRC. In your website, you also claim "Andrino also operates an Internet Backbone in Europe". Yeah, lol.

That's simply not true. Actually RIPE asked us for a lot more information to prove that we qualify for the allocation, specially at the stage where we got the resources.

Your lie is falling apart by itself. Cut the bullshit.

Thanked by 1ManofServer

martinandrino said: I won't confirm nor deny if I've made business in particular with Sered

hahahahaha that was actually fun.

• Continue this argument in The Cest Pit. You're derailing the thread.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2016
    Peers: Voxility (DDoS mitigation service)
    Price: 200 €/month
    Extra: SMAMA control panel - demo: http://gnr.to/EFtho

Peers: Cogent
    Price: 50€ setup + KVM VPS cost

• terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider
    Peers: http://bgp.he.net/AS203629#_peers
    Price: Free IPv4 & IPv6 announcements

Peers: Serverius (redundant uplinks) bgp.he.net/AS59550
    Price: 10€ /mo BGP + KVM Cloud Server = From 20€/mo + VAT (EU MOSS ruling)

• @AlexanderM said:

Hmm. So how come the response from HostUs support (2016-10-30) is:

"We currently have BGP sessions available in Washington DC for $10/month. All sessions come with default route only."

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@wusel said:

@AlexanderM said:

Hmm. So how come the response from HostUs support (2016-10-30) is:

"We currently have BGP sessions available in Washington DC for $10/month. All sessions come with default route only."

This information might be outdated, it was quite a few months ago after all.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • I keep the list updated generally - Crowncloud dropped out last, nothing new added at this time. We did redesign it nicer though and separated by continents.

https://ip6.im/recommended-isp.html

Will add some now shortly.

• @William said:
    I keep the list updated generally - Crowncloud dropped out last, nothing new added at this time. We did redesign it nicer though and separated by continents.

Why did CrownCloud drop out?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2016

luissousa said: Why did CrownCloud drop out?

Own request; no BGP support at this time anymore.

GInerNet (ES), Zappiehost (NZ), DevCapsule (UK) added - minor changes on @clouvider (no v4 BGP on VPS) and DediServe (seemingly only announce).

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • @luissousa said:

@William said:
    I keep the list updated generally - Crowncloud dropped out last, nothing new added at this time. We did redesign it nicer though and separated by continents.

Why did CrownCloud drop out?

Since the last router switch it has been removed. We might bring it back in the future. Probably with a small setup-fee, but no recurring costs.