Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

New Kimsufi productline
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

New Kimsufi productline

Just visited Kimsufi's website (kimsufi.com): it seems they have different servers, but I have the intention they have become more expensive ?

I still have a KS-3 with i5-3570s with 16GB/2TB for 14,99 €/month. Now for a 1 TB drive it costs 19,99€/month ?

Comments

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Provider

though they have more available now!

Thanked by 1Sokaris07

8-core VPS for $11.99/mo, 32GB RAM VPS for $15.99/mo - wishosting.com

Affiliate program

• They are definitely closer than my Atlanta dedi.

Thanked by 1netomx

Go give Vultr(referral) a try. | GNU/Linux http://debian.org

• This just makes it harder for me to decide on keeping my current KS-3, as I also have a limited edition at online.net

• I won't be buying one now, maybe some time later. It's still my first month with delimiter, and I haven't done any benchmarks and the server's solid. I got my first 2TB drive yesterday with kimsufi, so it's too early to jump servers.

Thanked by 2netomx MarkTurner

• NekkiNekki Moderator

I've taken a punt on a KS-3C, I've got a similarly priced i3 with Delimiter but I would prefer to have my stuff in France rather than Atlanta if those are my 2 choices.

• NekkiNekki Moderator

Delivered just as I finished typing that.

Thanked by 1netomx
    • NekkiNekki Moderator

Meh, got the 2130, but it's not a big difference between that and the 3240.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Provider

@Nekki said:
      Meh, got the 2130, but it's not a big difference between that and the 3240.

Burn it with Prime95 and claim the replacement on failed hardware :)

Thanked by 2netomx lifehome

8-core VPS for $11.99/mo, 32GB RAM VPS for $15.99/mo - wishosting.com

Affiliate program

• LeeLee Member
      edited January 2016

Nekki said: Meh, got the 2130, but it's not a big difference between that and the 3240.

Same here, I have went from most of my personal hardware in the US to the EU in the last year or so. Suits me.

Thanked by 1webcraft

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

• It seems to be a price increase.。。

www.91yun.co
      please sent email to [email protected] if you want to post offer for Chinese customer on my blog

• I'm having a i3-3240 with 2TB hard drive for $20.99.

Seems cheaper now, but replacing it takes $13.99 setup fee not worth it.

• Depends on how long you plan to keep it.

msg7086 said: Seems cheaper now, but replacing it takes $13.99 setup fee not worth it.

Thanked by 1netomx

• zevuszevus Member
      edited January 2016

@msg7086 said:
      I'm having a i3-3240 with 2TB hard drive for $20.99.

Seems cheaper now, but replacing it takes $13.99 setup fee not worth it.

on kimsufi.ie, that's €16.99 , or $18.43

2130 is € 14.99

setup fee is €9.99, $10.84

• KS-3A AMD Opteron 4122

WTF?!?

• @GM2015 said:

@zevus said:

Yea, but also need to take into account the time spent to move the stuff between them, re-configure everything, etc.

• Trying a KS-3C in BHS, been more than 120 seconds, I wonder if I win anything when they don't deliver in time.

Will shill for Pop-Tarts(must be strawberry flavour).

• I gave it a try and received the 2130....

• Why does it feel like playing roulette when buying from kimsufi lol

Thanked by 1netomx

Devops Consultant | GitHub

• rm_rm_ Member
      edited January 2016

webcraft said: Opteron 4122

2c / 4t <- this is wrong btw, this CPU has 4 real cores. cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AMD-Opteron%204122%20OS4122WLU4DGN%20(OS4122WLU4DGNWOF).html

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
      edited January 2016

2130 here as well... RBX in France..

• sinsin Member
      edited January 2016

I want that KS-2B in BHS for $11 but I'm never quick enough to get those smaller Kimsufis.

Thanked by 1Riz
    • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Provider

Would love to get a KS-5 in BHS but I've never seen them in stock when I've looked.

• NekkiNekki Moderator

joodle said: 2130 here as well... RBX in France..

I'm thinking the other ones are in BHS only, but tbh for the price I can't bring myself to care too much.

Thanked by 1BlazeMuis
    • Anyone know ovh official position on whether this affects pricing of existing ks3 owners?

(I got lucky and received 3570S in September.)

Down with the sic_K_ness...
      The doctor might be going K-razy with the low end spirit. 😉

• @vimalware said:
      Anyone know ovh official position on whether this affects pricing of existing ks3 owners?

(I got lucky and received 3570S in September.)

Prices dont change as new packages come out

Thanked by 1vimalware
    • That one is a Dedibox XC killer if you don't need 1 Gbps:

KS-3C Core™ i3-2130/3240 4059 2c / 4t 3.4 GHz+ 8 GB 2 TB 100 Mbps /128 16,99 €

I hope Online.net will respond. Sadly OVH still does not use larger SSD in Kimsufi.

• @Spacedust said:
      That one is a Dedibox XC killer if you don't need 1 Gbps:

I hope Online.net will respond. Sadly OVH still does not use larger SSD in Kimsufi.

I was considering the same one. does someone know how it can be compared to the i7 920?

• RurikoRuriko Member
      edited January 2016

I wonder if they still give 2TB space even though the plan says 1TB.

• @inthecloudblog said:
      I was considering the same one. does someone know how it can be compared to the i7 920?

Core i7 920 is a bit faster and it has 4 cores + HT = 8 threads total

• NekkiNekki Moderator

@Ruriko said:
      I wonder if they still give 2TB space even though the plan says 1TB.

If the whole machine is the same spec as before then seems logical that there's still the chance - I'm assuming the configurations a were pre-built and racked so they stay in circulation.

• My 4815 from Online kills the KS-3C, we need better options OVH!

• NekkiNekki Moderator

@ManofServer said:
      My 4815 from Online kills the KS-3C, we need better options OVH!

Why would OVH be trying to better an offer that's no longer available?

Thanked by 1GM2015
    • @Nekki said:
      Why would OVH be trying to better an offer that's no longer available?

But what if the offer comes back to life, they gotta have backup plans right

• NekkiNekki Moderator

@ManofServer said:
      But what if the offer comes back to life, they gotta have backup plans right

They really don't, and even if they did, why would they show their hand before Online?

Sorry mate, but you're in a dreamworld. Just be happy that you got that 4815, because I doubt you're going to get a better deal than that for some time to come.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
    • Just canceled my 4815... Wish it was possible to (fully) transfer it to other users.
      Still, it's a great box.

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
      edited January 2016

Damn: I still got the 4815 (19 €) as well as the old KS-3 with 2 GB RAM / 2 TB HDD for 14,99€ and I will need to choose at the end of the month (have no use for both of them). Neither configurations will come back at these prices I guess ... Will also be cancelling my KS-1 (again) and my 10$/month Core2Duo at WSI...

• Has anyone tried buying the new plans that are 1TB space but is actually given 2TB?

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
      edited January 2016

I have 3 KS servers and got lucky with each one. The average up-time across all 3 of them is over 10 months now.

• 2 x KS-2: Both of them came with 2TB drives.
      • 1 x KS-3: Came with i5-3570S (CPU Bench - 6568) instead of i5-750 (CPU Bench - 3740) and a 2TB drive.

Since they're Kimsufi servers, I don't host anything mission critical on any of them. They are all used for back-ups or testing/development purposes, and offer excellent VFM.

With the price hike across the new KS line, I am certainly going to hold on to these servers for quite some time!

• @K4Y5 said:
      I have 3 KS servers and got lucky with each one. The average up-time across all 3 of them is over 10 months now.

• 2 x KS-2: Both of them came with 2TB drives.
      • 1 x KS-3: Came with i5-3570S (CPU Bench - 6568) instead of i5-750 (CPU Bench - 3740) and a 2TB drive.

Since they're Kimsufi servers, I don't host anything mission critical on any of them. They are all used for back-ups or testing/development purposes, and offer excellent VFM.

With the price hike across the new KS line, I am certainly going to hold on to these servers for quite some time!

Did you buy them after or before the new plans came in?

• @Ruriko said:
      Did you buy them after or before the new plans came in?

Bought all of them within span of a week way before the new product line was released, as indicated by the up-time of over 10 months :P

Thanked by 1Mathias
    • Ok I can confirm that you can get 2TB on the KS-4B plan. It's all about luck! anyway has anyone got the old pricing of the plans so I can compare with the new plans?