Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any canada cheap vps? for proxy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

any canada cheap vps? for proxy

newkindnewkind Member
edited January 2013 in General

any $1 cheap vps in canada?

Comments

• That's a bit low.. what kind of specs?

I think only OVH resellers will be able to do that.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I use this for my ctv.ca viewing: http://www.freecanadavpn.com :)

• ovh.ca

• FluXFluX Member
    edited January 2013

Buyvm has canadian IP's. There is the 15/year 128MB vps that you can setup openvpn on.

But why would someone "WANT" a canadian IP. It's usually the opposite they want US IPs.

• @FluX said: But why would someone "WANT" a canadian IP. It's usually the opposite they want US IPs.

Canada-exclusive sites, I'd imagine

• BuyVM don't do Canadian IP's anymore, I requested one earlier this week and was told that it wasn't possible to have one assigned.

• Canada Netflix signup also makes sense. You pay slightly less, and credit card options are not as limited. But that's only for signup, after that you better switch for the content.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Nekki said: BuyVM don't do Canadian IP's anymore, I requested one earlier this week and was told that it wasn't possible to have one assigned.

Our IP's still come up as canadian most of the time alas :) It's an ongoing tug of war.

It's possible CTV/etc have updated their db's since then, I guess I should test it out.

Francisco

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@averell said: But that's only for signup, after that you better switch for the content.

I used to use my BuyVM VPS for watching Netflix because it had a lot of shows that I liked, but once BuyVM's IPs were updated with US geo info I couldn't finish watching my shows. The link I posted above helped me out greatly. :D

• LFCVPS ?

• Would be cool if buyvm would setup a work around for Canada stuff -- such as that which we had when all their ip's were Canada geolocated... Just the other way around

• @RosenCruz said: LFCVPS ?

^

Good idea

• pcanpcan Member
    edited January 2013

The last LCVPS LET special (256mb OVZ - 7,88$/quarter) works well for cbc.ca video streaming from Europe; a simple squid3 proxy (with authentication, to keep the use private) is enough to do the trick. The datacenter is Cologix in Montreal and network is great. I previously tried with my BuyVM VPS, but streaming from Canada was unstable and geolocation changed after a while.