Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8GB or 6GB VPS for Usenet-Indexer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

8GB or 6GB VPS for Usenet-Indexer

edbaedba Member
edited January 2016 in Requests

Hi,

i need a VPS for a private usenet indexer... it should have at least 4 vCPUs and 50GB (or more) HDD Space. If it is cheap it could be NATed but i prefer ipv4

any one a suggestion?

Comments

• Shit son, what indexer are you running that needs power like that?

• WHTWHT Member

Just get a dedicated server there is no cheaper then 20$ month for 8 GB

• i can provide this vps in Romania, up to 24 core , and 144gb ram , pm for a finnaly config and i will quote this .

• WHTWHT Member

@vps520 said:
    hi,man,see this :http://www.vps520.com/15.html

Hey kitty do not spam. You need to be provider to post offers.

• Nekki said: Shit son, what indexer are you running that needs power like that?

Usenet indexer scales linearly; with more CPU power and RAM you can import the backlog (depending on your source servers up to 10 years) much faster. Once done the power is nice to parse the entire day in a few minutes but not required to just do ongoing additions in a loop.

• @WHT said:
    Hey kitty do not spam. You need to be provider to post offers.

Should edit your post so his ad no longer exists ;)

• edbaedba Member
    edited January 2016

okay so if i dont need much backlogging i also dont need much power? i need 2 years and only german newsgroups... is 1 GB and 2 vCPUs enough?

i want to run nzedb. on github they write it needs from 4 to 8GB of ram. and 4 vCPUs.

• @WHT said:
    Hey kitty do not spam Chinese pages in a English forum. You need to be provider to post offers.

Fixed that for you?

How the fuck does these Chinese "VPS Recommendation" websites think that people here are gonna give a crap when the URL looks seriously dubious af and the entire site is in Chinese?

My eyes are hurting as I scroll through the page.

• see if you can acquire a dump for what you want and go for 1g server

• edba said: okay so if i dont need much backlogging i also dont need much power? i need 2 years and only german newsgroups... is 1 GB and 2 vCPUs enough?

It really depends how many groups you're going to be indexing and how much traffic they have, and the size of your backlog.