Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for KVM VPS (US): 2GB RAM, 50GB SSD, 4 IPs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for KVM VPS (US): 2GB RAM, 50GB SSD, 4 IPs

angrysnarlangrysnarl Member
edited January 2016 in Requests

Found a provider

Comments

• Vpeasy is a good choice. Big player, cheap price.

Thanked by 1angrysnarl
  • angrysnarlangrysnarl Member
    edited January 2016

@giang said:
    Vpeasy is a good choice. Big player, cheap price.

Any idea why their staff are superheroes? https://www.vpeasy.com/about.php

Edit: Their website is full of # links, "contact us" link goes to a 404, knowledgebase is almost empty (only 2 presales articles) and I can't find reviews of them on the internet. I know they're part of Versaweb but if they can't even build a functional website then I don't think I'd want to use them.

• WSCallumWSCallum Member
    edited January 2016

I should be able to customize our KVMSP2048 package to 2GB RAM, 50GB Disk, 4 CPU Cores and 1TB bandwidth (so basically lose 3TB bandwidth), unless the default 30GB SSD and 2 cores is good for you with 4TB bandwidth?

Around $25 a month in Los Angeles with KVMSP15 promotional code, including the 3 additional IPs, but we will require you to justify them.

Thanked by 1angrysnarl
  • @WSCallum said:
    I should be able to customize our KVMSP2048 package to 2GB RAM, 50GB Disk, 4 CPU Cores and 1TB bandwidth (so basically lose 3TB bandwidth), unless the default 30GB SSD and 2 cores is good for you with 4TB bandwidth?

Around $25 a month in Los Angeles with KVMSP15 promotional code, including the 3 additional IPs, but we will require you to justify them.

I will get in touch with you later. Just going to wait for a few more offers to see what other choices I have.

• angrysnarl said: Any idea why their staff are superheroes? https://www.vpeasy.com/about.php

Edit: Their website is full of # links, "contact us" link goes to a 404, knowledgebase is almost empty (only 2 presales articles) and I can't find reviews of them on the internet. I know they're part of Versaweb but if they can't even build a functional website then I don't think I'd want to use them.

They are VersaWeb, they have their own datacenter, they are offering KVM VPS with new hardware at very cheap price, only $28 USD per year for 2GB KVM... Well, and you are complaining about their website? Hmm

• @giang said:
    Well, and you are complaining about their website? Hmm

Lack of information just makes them look shady more than anything else. I appreciate the suggestion though, really.

Thanked by 3Peroni bersy cassa
  • JunklessJunkless Member
    edited January 2016

@giang said:
    They are VersaWeb, they have their own datacenter, they are offering KVM VPS with new hardware at very cheap price, only $28 USD per year for 2GB KVM... Well, and you are complaining about their website? Hmm

May be he is worried about the lack of effort they put (or didn't) on the website.

Thanked by 1angrysnarl
  • Junkless said: May be he is worried about the lack of effort they put (or didn't) on the website.

But he knew that they are VersaWeb, they could just contact VersaWeb? :D I see that VPEasy is a good to go offer so I suggest it.

@angrysnarl Hope you could find the good one that fit your needs :D

Thanked by 1angrysnarl
  • @giang said:
    angrysnarl Hope you could find the good one that fit your needs :D

I was also interested because of the pricing and the brand name (Versaweb), but lack of info on the site made me stop.

• how about ramnode vps ?

http://www.ramnode.com/vps.php

[Premium] KVM SSD

2048MB SKVM 2048 MB 4 Cores 1 /64 42 GB 4000 GB $28 / mo

Thanked by 1angrysnarl
  • jenokjenok Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

angrysnarl said: Thank you.

xssd2048 $21.35 after discount(COUPON 30OFF), but it is XEN-PV. Add 3 more IPv4 and total $24.35/month
    VPS located at Los Angeles

http://www.hostinginside.com/billing/cart.php

• @gongyi said:
    how about ramnode vps ?

Thanks but

@angrysnarl said:
    Please don't recommend:

• ColoCrossing providers
    • RamNode - very strict with IPs these days :(
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

We have this plan on Luna Node in Toronto (not US but close?) for $14/mo, but the CPU is E5-2670 (not E3); with 3x additional IP addresses, it is $17/mo:

• 2048 MB RAM
    • 3 virtual cores
    • 35 GB SSD RAID10 storage
    • 2500 GB bandwidth

OVH has some plans in OVH BHS with E5v3: https://www.ovh.com/us/vps/vps-ssd.xml (additional IPs are available).

Thanked by 1angrysnarl
  • @WSCallum said:

Please get back to me via pm

• yorkyork Member
    edited January 2016

I'm new here,but could you tell me why not colocrossing?
    I thought the network of any DC in US is always good for US home visitors,isn't it?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

york said: could you tell me why not colocrossing

No, you should tell us why. Their reputation is GVH-level around here.

angrysnarl said: RamNode - very strict with IPs these days :(

Really? @Nick_A was giving them out 2-at-a-time last year with no justification

Thanked by 2angrysnarl GM2015
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

We have been more conservative with IPs for a while now. What was your ticket @angrysnarl?

• @Nick_A said:
    We have been more conservative with IPs for a while now. What was your ticket angrysnarl?

I believe the request for extra IPs was made around 3 or 4 months ago. The request was for an already existing server. The extra IPs aren't needed anymore, but let me know if you still need the ticket ID.

Now I need a new VPS with at least 4 IPs. I'm not sure if you can do that given your current justification requirements are pretty strict?

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited January 2016

Afaik, E3 come with 4 cores. Some of them with hyperthreading, making them 4 cores, 8 threads.

Anything you'll get will be probably overshared.

angrysnarl said: Requirements:

E3 node

4 cores

Thanked by 1angrysnarl
  • @raindog308 said:
    Really? Nick_A was giving them out 2-at-a-time last year with no justification

Just because I see a big logo on LEB index "LEB hosted by colocrossing" . I thought it must be okay at least...

• angrysnarlangrysnarl Member
    edited January 2016

@GM2015 said:
    Afaik, E3 come with 4 cores. Some of them with hyperthreading, making them 4 cores, 8 threads.

Actual requirement is 2-4 cores, just didn't copy-paste everything correctly from my post on vpsb. In any case I don't need access to all of the cores 24/7.

• @angrysnarl said:
    Requirements:

• E3 node
    • 4 cores
    • 2GB RAM
    • 50GB SSD
    • 1TB bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    • 4 dedicated IPs
    • Budget: $25/mo

Please don't recommend:

• ColoCrossing providers
    • RamNode - very strict with IPs these days :(

Thank you.

Why not add a few more dollars and pm @markturner (if he replies, i.e.)

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @angrysnarl said:
    Please get back to me via pm

Apologies, have done so now!

• Actually. For that go dedicated for +$5

CPU: Dual E5420
    RAM: 16GB
    Disk:120GB SSD
    Bandwidth:10TB
    IPv4:1
    IPv6: /64 Subnet

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@vps520 Please mention that your using an affiliate link. I hope this is not a trend from you to start spamming your site 24/7 for every vps recommendation!

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • Closing as requested.

This discussion has been closed.