Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM for Android :: VPSMon
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM for Android :: VPSMon

dedicadosdedicados Member
edited January 2013 in General

Hello, i would like to share this software "VPSMon" with you guys. Many of us have SolusVm and why not in the phone, there are some apps but i test all and no one was nice, many adds, or incomplete size.

But this one have my 5 star and "MUST HAVE" on all my android devices.

i contact developer and suggest some addons, and guess what, he did it!

features:
-reboot/boot/shutdown
-see Disk Usage/Memory/Bandwidth
-Shows ALL ip on VPS, ( ipv4 & ipv6 )
-no ADS
-whois ip (yes also ipv6)
-port scan (need to write port number)
-edit already created VPS
-import/export for add your list to another android device
-password protection ( only if you want)
-YES, NO ADS!!

here is link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.texh.vpsmon or download from GooglePlay "VPSMon"

if you feel creator deserve a donation, dont hesitate and do it, personally, i did it.

screenshots:

Comments

• Not bad.

• I must admit that looks pretty good, I'll download it on my android to try it later.

• screenshots are from 1st release, try it, and you will love it =)

• @dedicados Nice post! (Pushes invisible Thank button)

• @dedicados said: But this one have my 5 star and "MUST HAVE" on all my android devices.

Thanks! Now I think it's finally time to look at a Android based device :)

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited January 2013

Added Reverse DNS for the IP's in the last upgrade.

just to query, not modify of course.

• @dedicados said: of course

What's stopping it from being modified?

• modify rdns? i need to check if solusvm api allow it, not as admin, also not all the vps providers let you modify rdns.

i think the way is it now, just check, is excellent.

• @dedicados said: modify rdns? i need to check if solusvm api allow it, not as admin, also not all the vps providers let you modify rdns.

SolusVM does allow it. Whether the providers do this way is another question.

• sprabowosprabowo Member
    edited January 2013

I have just used for my android to check solusvm. but i used aSolusVM it is officially from Soluslab. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.soluslabs.asolusvm

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

To be honest I'd rather use the web interface even because it has a mobile version. It:s kinda annoying having to type the API key every time.

• omg i still have one of the older versions of this app and at the add server screen i dont have the port options. strangely enough google play didnt ask me to update it if there were new release of this great software i would have known it

hmmmmmmm

• Wasn't there some security issue with Api keys?

• @sprabowo i use that one, you cant only do, just restart, shutdown.
    and no more, test the one i post

• oke @dedicados, i will try :)

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited January 2013

You can't get the same experience as the PC.

• of course not, is for mobile, if you arent near a pc or want to check the status of your VPS.

• @cosmicgate update on google play

• !!!Great we have so many Android devices

• @Nevil said: Wasn't there some security issue with Api keys?

With the app or with something else?

• Looks horrible, needs a ui to distinguish it from something made in an app creator.

Features loom plentiful as long as it's all passed securely.

• @eastonch thanks for your trash comment, if you don like it dont use it.
    maybe you have done many android programs right??

let me refound you the money you pay for this software, oh wait is free....

• gubbytegubbyte Member
    edited January 2013

@eastonch said: Looks horrible, needs a ui to distinguish it from something made in an app creator.

What are you on about? The UI looks perfectly fine (from the screenshots).

• so anyone test it?

• It looks to work. But found bug that I can't connect to hoster, who have invalid ssl-certificate on their solus.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited January 2013

@sampppa said: It looks to work. But found bug that I can't connect to hoster, who have invalid ssl-certificate on their solus.

I ran into this with URPad's self-signed cert, too -- you can get around it by connecting through HTTP instead of HTTPS, though admittedly that's not ideal.

Alternatively, the app aVPS, which has been around for a while, works fine with self-signed certs and does pretty much the same stuff as VPSMon (plus you can edit servers after creating them -- not being able to do that is a big annoyance for me).

The only downside is that aVPS does have ads, but they're just little admob banners in the bottom left corner so you can easily ignore them.

• Let me check that about edit already added servers, let me contact developer.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited January 2013

If you're in contact with him maybe you could ask about the SSL cert thing, too. I'm no app developer but I'd guess it would be easy to let it accept self-signed/invalid certs.

• @Dylan Give me a few hours and I'll push out an update with support for editing existing servers, and try to get this self-signed HTTPS stuff sorted.

• @sampppa @Dylan @dedicados
    Just uploaded an update to the Play Store. Should still be a few hours until it's available, but look out for version 1.2.3.

There's the option for editing all of a servers settings, and it also should work now with self-signed SSL certificates.
    You'll need to check the accept self-signed SSL option from the settings menu for the latter to work.

Cheers guys