Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Database By Design LLC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Database By Design LLC

agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Has anyone used them?

Any idea what DC they are in?

I've sent them an email asking about their DC but does anyone else have experience with them as a Dedicated Server provider?

Comments

• From the photo on their About page:

• MadMad Member
    edited January 2016

Honestly I don't know though they are running a successful marketing campaign based on servers' auctions.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@mikeyur Thanks for that! Got in on a deal they have for an E3-1270 box at $41/mo in this philly DC. Ping is pretty low from Canada. About 20ms

• I have two when they had a promotion for VPS to bring an invoice from another provider and they'll price-match it. The server themselves are pretty stable. No control panel so they have to reload OS manually for VPS, which was a bit of pain in the backside. However their response is fast.

Pretty happy with them overall.

• I used them for 2 years. Overall I'm really happy except their VPS don't have control panel, just like @spammy.

Awesome! Well they have a pretty good E3-1270 server auction going on at WHT and I bought one to try out. Their DC seems fast and low latency for me.

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@agoldenberg said:
    Awesome! Well they have a pretty good E3-1270 server auction going on at WHT and I bought one to try out. Their DC seems fast and low latency for me.

I was the first one to pick up their E3 auction for $35, server was delivered after 2 days with IPMI. Mobo is using the X9 supermicro so drivers were a bit of a pain, had 0 problems so far.

@entrailz got mine for $41. Still happy about that.. Their DC looks good to me. Might get a couple more at that pricing.

• @agoldenberg in USD though...

• zevuszevus Member
    edited January 2016

@agoldenberg said:
    Has anyone used them?

Any idea what DC they are in?

for about a year, but service ended maybe 18 mo ago. had a dozen e3-1270's with them, on a bulk deal.

one of them had an issue (overheating, i had to disable hyperthreading in the BIOS to get in to stop crashing constantly)... anyway, reported that & it was replaced within a day.

didn't have to contact support for anything else, except rDNS

ed: from my experience, their network was one of the better ones. also, my e3-1270's were less than $40/mo ^_^

@Spammy so what if its USD? I'm Canadian. Still works out to like $59 CAD per month. Still a pretty good deal if their network is any good.

• Their service is excellent, but they lack 1 thing, DDoS protection. If they had DDoS protection I wouldn't have second thoughts.

• @agoldenberg said:

You got a link to the auction thread?

• edited January 2016

@agoldenberg said:
    mikeyur Thanks for that! Got in on a deal they have for an E3-1270 box at $41/mo in this philly DC. Ping is pretty low from Canada. About 20ms

how about bw? is it a v3?

edit: just saw their 10tb.. not interested ..

So far I'm pretty happy with this box! Was delivered in under 24 hours with working IPMI and everything.

Benchmark started on Sat Jan  9 08:46:26 EST 2016
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31270 @ 3.40GHz
    CPU Cores       : 8
    Frequency       : 1599.992 MHz
    Memory          : 16075 MB
    Swap            : 32745 MB
    Uptime          : 3:59,

OS              : Debian GNU/Linux 8
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)