Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH IE support is none existent - beware if not living in the UK
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH IE support is none existent - beware if not living in the UK

If you are renting a server with OVH IE (rest of the world), or planing on doing so, be advised that their support is really bad. I have a ticket now opened for almost 4 days, and no one has deigned to answer it. Now there's a new situation, with them blocking one of my failover IPs because it was attacked. Now I will need to phone them wasting a lot money for the internation call (I don't use skype, and even if, they should answer tickets). In any case their ddos protection should protect, I think, not disable.

I keep hearing great things about ovh, but all only from their UK branch. So if you are an international customer, be warned.

Comments

• there is a button at the side on the blocked IP click it and it will unblock it?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Use your phone and call them, as OVH customer you are entitled for phone support and this way they need to answer straight away, but don't expect any experts on phone as some of them don't know what company sell and what you can do as hosting provider or IT professional.

Example: multiple GEO IP addresses can be assigned to one server - the answer from OVH staff, I never thought you can do that, my reply to it was: could you pass the phone to someone else who know the IT and OVH services.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • @webproject I can call them, and will, but If I have to waste money because they dont answer tickets then its not worth it to stay with them

@caster: will try it, thanks for that suggestion.

• sinsin Member

I have received fantastic phone support from OVH North America

• Phone Support to OVH Ireland also sucks. They simply say no for everything and send you to open ticket which they never answer. I'm waiting now 2 weeks from OVH Ireland for ticket respond due their DDoS Protection similar issue to OP. The best way to solve issue us tweet OVH UK they should respond in next 6 hours. from my exp.

• @sin, not disputing NA support, I heard good things about them too.
    @GalaxyHostPlus good to know there's no reason to phone them. And yes, the only place I ever got a response was from twitter

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Meanwhile, OVH-based LEB providers offer 24x7 support. And the moment it's something they can't fix in Solus, they're waiting days and so are you.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

It's the same story for their dutch office, it always takes 3-7 working days to get a response. It's always from the same guy so I'm assuming only have that guy covering all support for NL.

I might ask to be moved to their North American support desk since I write tickets in english anyways.

• OVH provide great servers, but their support is usually lacking in some departments. They are known to provide great servers and uptime but their prices are low because they don't have that great of a support staff. So you get what you pay for i guess

• @shayr said:
    Now I will need to phone them wasting a lot money for the internation call

Anyway, you can buy another IP and pay less:-)
    It's OVH, 4-5 days to answer is its standard response time (I love OVH, but I know it's better not to rely on its support)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

OVH Ireland support is overworked, due to the fact they have to accept all the international customers but with a small support team.

If you speak French, try OVH.FR - I've had my account with them since the early 00s.

• i've noticed very funny thing. OVH.ca support team works much better then OVH.ie team.
    With OVH.ca my problems solved in 12 hours. With OVH.ie i've solved my problems in 2 weeks (with Failover IP)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2016

@sin said:
    I have received fantastic phone support from OVH North America

Same. Bad host for people who like to send off a ticket and expect it to get done. Great support by phone for actual OVH brand customers (not kimsufi).

• Bad host for peeps who buying servers for fun , get a life , learn some linux and get over it.

• jarland said: Same. Bad host for people who like to send off a ticket and expect it to get done. Great support by phone for actual OVH brand customers (not kimsufi).

are you talking about North America support (Canada)? Or Europe? Because between them a very big difference.

• I've had good phone support from ovh ie - I've even gotten them to help with a Kimsufi problem.

I think the key to better results is politeness, and trying to create a connection. You're just another number on another dreary day to the phone service person, who would be doing almost any other job if they could. Be pleasant, ask them how their day is going, remember that the issue is not caused by the person you are speaking to, but they have the power to get it resolved, if they are so inclined.

• Ouch that kind of wait time is pretty bad. I currently have a ticket open with Amazon's AWS for 72 hours now without response. Luckily it's not for anything critical.

• Isn't that the reason you call/ticket them in the first place?

squibs said: trying to create a connection

I've heard mixed tales about amazon customer support.

Some say their online chat is useless, outsourced support who has no authority to do anything and are just nodding machines. It's said they're put there to put off most customers from complaining and such and waste customers' time.

Others say they have good experience with them.

More people say amazon support is easily social engineered(eg oh my hair hurts, please refund).

Strange indeed.

No idea about aws, but I don't need their support.

x9a3k said: Ouch that kind of wait time is pretty bad. I currently have a ticket open with Amazon's AWS for 72 hours now without response. Luckily it's not for anything critical.