Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mantis BT vs Bugzilla !!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mantis BT vs Bugzilla !!

SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
edited November 2011 in General

Hey,
I needed some help in deciding which Bug Tracker to use, Mantis BT or Bugzilla or the Google Code Bugtracker ?
Which one is better to use for Bug Tracking ?

Could some one help me out ?

Thanks !

Comments

• You can try bitbucket if you want source control too.

• I use redmine+svn
    OR trac+svn

Personally, I like RepositoryHosting.com's $6/mo service. Its a peace of mind :)

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Thanks guys for your suggestions, I'll test drive all those listed above :)

• LowEndAdminLowEndAdmin Member
    edited November 2011

I use Trac+Git for source control + tickets. There are a lot of modules to do whatever you want to do. Being a Python developer for 11 years also helps :-)

I also have quite extensive experience with mantis - used that to power a public bug/report tracker for the company I previously worked for. Also managed to build svn + lots of work flow integration with it, if you are familiar with PHP. However if I am doing it again I'll go for trac or redmine...

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

@LowEndAdmin : Does Trac+Git give a similar interface as Google Code ?

• iclemartiniclemartin Member
    edited November 2011

devZing has both MantisBT and Bugzilla for you to try, plus both include Subverison.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited November 2011

@iclemartin interesting how you created your account here just to post that message. And your gravatar is the same logo as the devZing site.

Care to come clean as to your reason for posting? And that you are involved with the company that you are linking to?

edit: Forgot to mention that we just use trac+svn. Seems to be most accepted and cough not as ard to use as git is. :)

• SpeedBus is using MantisBT now

Talked to him at GTalk and helped him a bit

• SpeedBus, I know this isn't in your list but I use CodeBaseHQ.Com for my stuff. And if you are using it for actual coding development they have DeployHQ.Com where you can setup your servers, and once you're happy with a repo it logs in and updates the relevant files. If you screw something up it will downgrade to a previous release, branch or commit. The DeployHQ account is free when you have a CodeBaseHQ account.

Otherwise, if it is just for support tickets Trellis Desk is also useful from www.accord5.com which is free.

Hope the info helps!