Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with OVH Dedi Server.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help with OVH Dedi Server.

Hello im looking to buy this dedi but its my first time buying a dedi and I need some help please!

https://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/enterprise/

So I wanted to know will it be able to make 32 vps's with the first SP-32 package? Each with 1gb ram and 1 ip each? Also it says 500mbps banwidth. How much banwidth per month per vps is this?

Lastly will I be able to pick the IP locations and assign 32 different ip's to the vps's for no extra cost?

Thanks!

Comments

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@prit48 said:
    So I wanted to know will it be able to make 32 vps's with the first SP-32 package?
    Each with 1gb ram and 1 ip each?

Yes

Also it says 500mbps banwidth. How much banwidth per month per vps is this?

Like 4TB/mo per VPS

Lastly will I be able to pick the IP locations and assign 32 different ip's to the vps's for no extra cost?

You'll have to pay $3 setup fee per IP

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • Nic_20TBSSDNic_20TBSSD Member
    edited January 2016

500mbps bandwidth means anytime you start to download something it will go up to 500mbps outgoing the incoming is 1Gbps I believe for that server. To answer the other questions the dedicated server has 32GB ram so you would only be able to use 32GB of ram were not here to do all the work for you =). If you have 32 IP's its a one time fee with OVH of $3 per IP so add that to your beginning cost, you will be able to make 32 vpss with the server in terms of just creating them as for performance that is a different subject but you can for sure fit 32 vpss on the server if they are all not maxing out ram.

• yet another traffic exchange / SEO / whatever thread... its getting bored. plz add some drama to this thread!

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited January 2016

Yes you can make 32 VPS on SP-32 with OpenVZ ( which doesn't support Windows). If you want to run 32 windows VMs then use KVM and go with SP-64 at least to make sure the everything runs smoothly. Basically it all depends on what you're going to run on those VMs. 500 Mbps means 162 TB traffic per month, so you can either set each VM to use 5 TB or let each VM use maximum possible at best effort. OVH charges 1 time setup fee of 2 €/3$ per IP & there is no monthly fee. I also recommend using SSDs instead of HDDs in case what you are going to run is i/o intensive.

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Falzo said:
    yet another traffic exchange / SEO / whatever thread... its getting bored. plz add some drama to this thread!

The same, I think first wave were with topics like: "I wish to purchase 200 - 400 VPS with 4 free dedicated IP addresses at $2 per month" as they failed to find providers now they moving on to dedicated servers and trying to archive the same.

• Falzo said: yet another traffic exchange

LETE - Low End Traffic Exchange

• Low lives people attacking the OP. It is his fucking money and life. He can do whatever he want. Don't punch him if you are broke or something

• @Falzo said:
    plz add some drama to this thread!

here it comes ;-)

@jane98211 said:

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • jane98211 said: Don't punch him if you are broke or something

Show us the traffic exchange max profits. Maybe we're wrong about the business. Are you the Donald Trump of TEs?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @jane98211 said:
    Low lives people attacking the OP. It is his fucking money and life. He can do whatever he want. Don't punch him if you are broke or something

Thank you ^^^

Ok so the ip's are a one time fee so if I then renew the dedi I won't have to pay for the ip's again?

• @doughmanes said:
    Show us the traffic exchange max profits. Maybe we're wrong about the business. Are you the Donald Trump of TEs?

Lol. Stay where you are.

• Don't see why everyone on this site is so against TE it doesn't affect them in anyway unless there providing the people with a vps. But they already know what its going to be used for so I don't understand what the problem is xD

• @prit48 said:
    Ok so the ip's are a one time fee so if I then renew the dedi I won't have to pay for the ip's again?

Yes, one time 3$/IP but the day you choose not to renew you dedicated server, you'll lose all your IPs

• @jane98211 said:
    Yes, one time 3$/IP but the day you choose not to renew you dedicated server, you'll lose all your IPs

Ok thanks a lot for the help! Do you think the cpu can handle 32 vps's all running just one TE site? So only 1 youtube video will be played at a time 24/7 on each vps?

• @prit48 said:
    Don't see why everyone on this site is so against TE it doesn't affect them in anyway unless there providing the people with a vps. But they already know what its going to be used for so I don't understand what the problem is xD

The reason is they don't know how to make a business out of it. The haters would hate :)

• prit48 said: Don't see why everyone on this site is so against TE it doesn't affect them in anyway

Its theft against advertisers for false ad views

• @prit48 said:
    Ok thanks a lot for the help! Do you think the cpu can handle 32 vps's all running just one TE site? So only 1 youtube video will be played at a time 24/7 on each vps?

I also don't know it so I purchased 64GB dedi server from OVH. Let's see how much can I stuff in. 32GB server would be useless anyway, your fixed investment would be a lot more than purchasing single vps for 3.5$

• @doughmanes said:
    Its theft against advertisers for false ad views

I'm sure you really don't care about big companies losing out on a little bit of advertising. There is probably a max of 100-200 people doing it. Makes little difference to big companies like that.

• @jane98211 said:
    I also don't know it so I purchased 64GB dedi server from OVH. Let's see how much can I stuff in. 32GB server would be useless anyway, your fixed investment would be a lot more than purchasing single vps for 3.5$

Yeah was thinking about buying the 64gb one since it would be slightly cheaper for the first month to just buy indivual vps's that have better specs.

• @prit48 said:
    I'm sure you really don't care about big companies losing out on a little bit of advertising. There is probably a max of 100-200 people doing it. Makes little difference to big companies like that.

Don't talk about traffic exchange here. It is like gadhe ke samne been bajana. So...

• Yeah ill stop now, just wanted to get my point across. I'm an 18 year old student just trying to make some extra money on the side. It shouldn't be such a big deal for everyone else, I'm sure they don't care at all about the advertisers, they only care that they ain't profiting.

• jane98211jane98211 Member
    edited January 2016

@prit48 said:
    Yeah ill stop now, just wanted to get my point across. I'm an 18 year old student just trying to make some extra money on the side. It shouldn't be such a big deal for everyone else, I'm sure they don't care at all about the advertisers, they only care that they ain't profiting.

Exactly, like they care about adobe, games and hollywood when they pirate them...

• so that is a classy example. would you kindly explain the math for all us not knowing people ;-) how long is that video and how much do you earn per view/per minute?

30d24h60min*32vms is roughly 1.4 million minutes per month which comes down to at least 0.007 cent per minute to recover costs if there is not a single downtime in between? is that right or how do one calculate on such things?

anyone ever thought of the CO2 footprint of such crap?

• Nic_20TBSSDNic_20TBSSD Member
    edited January 2016

@prit48 said:

Try 6c/12t server man, but yep it can handle 32 vps if you configure everything correctly.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2016

@prit48 said:
    Yeah ill stop now, just wanted to get my point across. I'm an 18 year old student just trying to make some extra money on the side. It shouldn't be such a big deal for everyone else, I'm sure they don't care at all about the advertisers, they only care that they ain't profiting.

Yeah no worries, no one should care who you try to steal from. It's your business if you're a thief and no one else's...except I suppose those people who like nice things and you'll end up being the reason they can't have them later.

You think "oh it's just little old me I'm nobody important" but when you multiply it by the number of people like you, it matters and you're a bad person for doing it.

@jane98211 said:
    Exactly, like they care about adobe, games and hollywood when they pirate them...

You steal those things?

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • jarland said: You steal those things?

Obviously no, I pay for my music, don't play games and paid for adobe suite that got shipped from US and paid custom duty on it. But most people do pirate

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@jane98211 said:
    Obviously no, I pay for my music, don't play games and paid for adobe suite that got shipped from US and paid custom duty on it. But most people do pirate

Well if everyone is doing it, must be right.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @Jarland ban for Jane? Bit of scum we could do without. I'd rather you ban Jane and make Mr General mod

Thanked by 2jar doughmanes
  • Falzo said: anyone ever thought of the CO2 footprint of such crap?

Or the fact it gets /24 and up ranges throttled by YouTube since they aren't idiots.

Seen it first hand, makes XRumer and black hat SEO tools look OK for the network. This shit can get you throttled at Google, so yeah.

Of course the end-users who pay pennies per hour to screw over at the least 254 other users, no fucks given. But it's totes the providers fault.

Not to mention the shit processing power of crap videos. Woof.

Thanked by 1jar
  • prit48 said: I'm sure you really don't care about big companies losing out on a little bit of advertising. There is probably a max of 100-200 people doing it. Makes little difference to big companies like that.

As somebody who runs a YouTube channel, it's harder to find sponsors and advertisers due to fraud.

Thanked by 3jar WebProject Kris