Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Expansion with 12 new DC's
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Expansion with 12 new DC's

hawchawc Moderator, LIR
edited January 2016 in General

Very interesting - and I think this is going to be very good for everyone. OVH connectivity is set to get even better!

Comments

• OVH Sydney?

Let's see if something is done with their unmetered bandwidth now?

• XIAOSpider97XIAOSpider97 Member
    edited January 2016

@MSPNick said:
    unmetered bandwidth

lol, maybe 10 Mbps.

• Why is it signed by Octave? I thought he is no longer in charge.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@rds100 said:
    Why is it signed by Octave? I thought he is no longer in charge.

He is still CTO

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

OVH is an unstoppable force that is challenging everyone in our industry. I, for one, am loving it :)

DDOS protection for everyone!

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I can't wait to try out their Ashburn facility!

• Certainly very interesting developments, i'm fairly certain the other datacenters are going to include some new ones across the EU also.

• @WSCallum said:
    Certainly very interesting developments, i'm fairly certain the other datacenters are going to include some new ones across the EU also.

It would be nice

• Let's see will they give lowend price for sg

• Gonna stick with Asia ones. REALLY INTERESTED TO SEE THEIR GOD DAMN PRICING.

Will love them if they put on L7 filtering on Anti-DDoS Pro.

Thanked by 1desperand
  • It would be impossible to provide guaranteed 500 Mbps unmetered in Australia or Asia for as low as 79$ like OVH do in France & Canada currently but yes their aim, like always, would be to offer things cheaper than others ensuring high uptime & almost everything automated attracting those who can manage their servers themselves & usually go for cheapest available option. There is no doubt that bandwidth is very expensive in Asia & Australia but those who currently offer decent servers there overprice things a bit as well so it would be interesting to see what direction things take when OVH enters those markets.

So personally I feel it is a good thing as those looking for servers in Australia or Asia also deserve to have cheaper options available & of course we might see others improving as well due to increase in competition.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I had not been an OVH customer for years, but competition is always good, specially in those APAC regions :)

• More consolidation and more LEB companies getting squeezed out?

• JoeMerit said: More consolidation and more LEB companies getting squeezed out?

Always the optimist ;) I see this as no different than EIG, get really big and provide really shitty service, then live off the fat of those that stay.

I think the US at least is starting to wain of mega-corps and slowly starting to learn to give business to smaller firms that are providing jobs and putting money back into the local economy so they and their neighbors can have a job to go to everyday.

• ooo... OVH brings home-made RPG to gun fight.

Get your popcorn and kevlar here.

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited January 2016

Now we probably get that German DC that's located 300meter next to the Strasbourg one xD

• I wonder how existing Australia and SG server providers will manage

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @linuxthefish said:
    I wonder how existing Australia and SG server providers will manage

by getting real?

• kstar3kstar3 Member
    edited January 2016

i have contacted them. they told me there will be at least two new data centers within europe, although they do not know the countries as of yet. the two usa datacenters are confirmed and will be the first two datacenters to be setup, with the east coast location be setup first, due to its closer location to their other datacenters. Singapore and Australia are not confirmed, but will most likely be the locations they end up using. they also plan on having one additional location somewhere in asia, possibly japan. the first services that will be offering these new locations are OVH's vps plans, and gaming dedicated servers, so it will be some time before providers will be able to use ovh for their own vps plans. the specs all of their servers will be exactly the same, the location will not change anything, meaning the servers that currently come with unlimited bandwidth on their canada and france locations, will still be unlimited in the united states, singapore, and australia, as well as their two new locations in europe, and one in asia.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited January 2016

Looking forward to this. I wonder how their pricing will change compared to France.

• @GM2015 said:
    Looking forward to this. I wonder how their pricing will change compared to France.

read my post and you will find out

• You don't have much credibility with your Korean bullshit you've put up earlier.

kstar3 said: ead my post and you will find out

• Psychz going to have some competition in Ashburn now OVH is taking over.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • JoeMerit said: more LEB companies getting squeezed out?

"LEB companies" squeeze themselves out with mismanagement, the same offers and copying everybody else including using the same theme template

• Looking forward for Kimsufi in Singapore/Sydney.

• @GM2015 said:
    You don't have much credibility with your Korean bullshit you've put up earlier.

we no longer offer services internationally, so i am here to help others. i support ovh because they are not a competition to us. also if you do not believe me, you may contact them yourself, their number is (09) 477 8910.

• OVH just destroyed the Internet with its low prices, I wonder how much bandwidth in Asia though

@lifehome said:
    Looking forward for Kimsufi in Singapore/Sydney.

That probably won't happen, SYS is sill a maybe. How are you going to provide a server in SG at this price.

• I'd imagine that the locations which are more expensive to operate won't be available through Kimsufi, it'd be in their best interests to limit Asia/AU to OVH services, and perhaps SYS.

• Waiting for Asia location :)