Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ioncube loader with VestaCP won't load?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ioncube loader with VestaCP won't load?

VitaVita Member
edited January 2016 in Help

Hi,
I tried to install ioncube loader but no sucess when I run

root@cpanel:/tmp/ioncube# service vesta restart

• Restarting vesta-nginx vesta-nginx [ OK ]
  • Restarting vesta-php vesta-php Failed loading /usr/lib/ioncube_loader_lin_5.5.so: /usr/lib/ioncube_loader_lin_5.5.so: undefined symbol: zend_execute_ex

I chose the appropriate version of ioncube, I run php 5.5.9:

root@cpanel:/tmp/ioncube# php -v
PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.5 (cli) (built: Oct 29 2014 11:59:10)
Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.5.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.0.3, Copyright (c) 1999-2014, by Zend Technologies

I'm confused why I get zend_execute_ex, tried to add the ts version but same.

I've installed previously ioncube without a problem but not with vesta only on clean VPS with custom apache2 and PHP5 setup.

Do you have any idea why this happens?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Did you install the right version, as in 32bit vs 64bit?

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited January 2016

Did you use the web loader? it will tell you the correct .so extension to add and load, and will let you know of any problems.

You then copy this over to the config folder for php_cli if you want to use it on the command line.

• @jarland said:
    Did you install the right version, as in 32bit vs 64bit?

Yes I downloaded the x86_64 version as I'm running 64bit. Interesting thing is that if I add the same config in /etc/php5/cli/php.ini and run php -v it loads without a problem it won't load via vesta though.

I don't know why.

• @linuxthefish said:
    Did you use the web loader? it will tell you the correct .so extension to add and load, and will let you know of any problems.

You then copy this over to the config folder for php_cli if you want to use it on the command line.

I've added the zend_extension line in /usr/local/vesta/php/lib/php.ini .
    I'll try the wizard but I never used it though.

• VitaVita Member
    edited January 2016

@linuxthefish said:

The wizard helped, I just created the file in /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d with name 00-ioncube.ini and added the code as before. After that only restarted the apache2 and It loaded.

Thanks all for your help!
    Thread can be closed.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish