Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need 10 TB (and more) of backup storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need 10 TB (and more) of backup storage

I need some advice; what I need is a lot of backup storage, accessible online and maybe even physically, at least for the upload (Göteborg or nearby, for a friend of mine). What I need, in terms of space, is 10 TB, with the option to gradually increase the storage. Does anybody know of any solution?

Thanked by 1rokok

Comments

• Delimiter slot hosting? Not near, but it's the only thing that comes to mind...

• Not close, but hetzner in Germany has large storage server afaik.

Gothenburg is the second-largest city in Sweden and the fifth-largest in the Nordic countries. Situated by the Kattegat, on the west coast of Sweden, the city proper has a population of 543,005, with 549,839 in the urban area and 973,261 inhabitants in the metropolitan area.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • @Traffic said:
    Delimiter slot hosting? Not near, but it's the only thing that comes to mind...

Thank you. I'm going to look.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited January 2016

@yourserverse got a datacenter in Göteborg, you could contact them for a custom quote.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • @GM2015 said:
    Not close, but hetzner in Germany has large storage server afaik.

Gothenburg is the second-largest city in Sweden and the fifth-largest in the Nordic countries. Situated by the Kattegat, on the west coast of Sweden, the city proper has a population of 543,005, with 549,839 in the urban area and 973,261 inhabitants in the metropolitan area.

I will look as well, thank you!

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

If you need physical access, colo in a place nearby. If physical access is not 100 % required, just rent a dedi somewhere.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • bersybersy Member
    edited January 2016

https://www.transip.nl/vps/big-storage/ or their https://www.transip.nl/stack/ (10TB is max, 1TB is free at this moment). Online.net 12TB dedi is €80/m, Aruba.it 12TB - €72/m. Oneprovider FR dedis.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • Delimiter or Hubic

Thanked by 2Geekoine MarkTurner
  • bersybersy Member
    edited January 2016

Hubic is 10TB max as far as I know, network speed is limited.

By the way, is Amazon allow 10TB+ data on their https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/?

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Delimiter or Hubic

I forgot about checking hubic!, Thank you

Nice offer (and I will take the free TB)

• Geekoine said: Nice offer (and I will take the free TB)

Yep, but you are going to wait for a promo code. I have waited more than a month to get it, for instance.

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited January 2016

Delimiter can deliver you 300-400TB instantly, I did some examples of provisioning and performance testing 1 x 50TB disk, 3 x 50TB disk (raw / striped) on another thread.

https://cc.delimiter.com/cart/cloudstorage-vps/

You could also use Slot Hosting and ship a pre-prepared disk or ship a disk for faster intake of the initial backup.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • How about amazon S3, Glacier or EBS? Amazon also offers a data transport solution called snowball to physically transport large amount of data between you and their DC(s) - so you don't need to upload 10TB+. (see: https://aws.amazon.com/importexport/?nc1=h_ls)

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • Where are your storage VPS-s? I get terrible speeds from my dedicated(in Atlanta iirc) to Paris, French.

I doubt he'd be happy from Sweden with US storage, given the government's obsession with information nowadays.

MarkTurner said: Delimiter can deliver you 300-400TB instantly, I did some examples of provisioning and performance testing 1 x 50TB disk, 3 x 50TB disk (raw / striped) on another thread.

https://cc.delimiter.com/cart/cloudstorage-vps/

You could also use Slot Hosting and ship a pre-prepared disk or ship a disk for faster intake of the initial backup.

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited January 2016

GM2015 said: Where are your storage VPS-s? I get terrible speeds from my dedicated(in Atlanta iirc) to Paris, French.

Where in Paris - OVH? Online?

I did some iperf tests a few weeks back to Online and OVH, I was getting 4-8Gbps from Atlanta to Paris depending on time of day. Certainly no lack of performance there.

I suggest opening a ticket and be sure to include traceroute from your Atlanta server to Paris server and the reverse Paris to Atlanta.

GM2015 said: I doubt he'd be happy from Sweden with US storage, given the government's obsession with information nowadays.

Sweden with Telia, TDC, Bredbandsbolaget is all fine. I've tested all three networks. Some of the single homed stadsnats are a little dodgy but thats because they are using HE or some low cost blend with more of an Swedish ratio via Netnod/DGIX

• _Nic_Nic Member
    edited January 2016

@bersy said:

By the way, is Amazon allow 10TB+ data on their https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/?

Yes, I keep more 12Tb there.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited January 2016

Online.net dc3, about the same room/whatever it's called you posted(in the cest pit, was it you?) your servers are.

I'm saying that because I've got 2MB/s transfer over "cygwin ssh/sftp" between two windows servers(12 in atlanta, 08 in france).

Before that, when my server was still on proxmox, it got 1MB-2MB/s download from a webserver I have on a kidechire.

MarkTurner said: Where in Paris - OVH? Online?

I did some iperf tests a few weeks back to Online and OVH, I was getting 4-8Gbps from Atlanta to Paris depending on time of day. Certainly no lack of performance there.

I suggest opening a ticket and be sure to include traceroute from your Atlanta server to Paris server and the reverse Paris to Atlanta.

• GM2015 said: I'm saying that because I've got 2MB/s transfer over "cygwin ssh/sftp" between two windows servers(12 in atlanta, 08 in france).

Cygwin should not be used for performance testing, last time I used it is was horrendous.

You can do a rudimentary test by setting up a 1-10GB file on IIS on each side and then wget'ing (using Windows native version of wget).

GM2015 said: Online.net dc3, about the same room/whatever it's called you posted(in the cest pit, was it you?) your servers are.

Those E3's in Online don't do wirespeed by any stretch of the imagination, but you still get better performance that 2MB (16Mbps).

Cygwin is not helping your situation.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited January 2016

Probably true. My blackfriday E3 is on "non-guaranteed" bandwidth.

I'm pulling one file over ftp from dc2 ftp store online.net and get around 10MB/s(max was around 18MB/s).

That's around and over 100mbit/s.

Just peaked 20MB/s before posting this.

It seems to average around 8-10MB/s.

MarkTurner said: Those E3's in Online don't do wirespeed by any stretch of the imagination, but you still get better performance that 2MB (16Mbps).

Cygwin is not helping your situation.

• I know it> @GM2015 said:

Probably true. My blackfriday E3 is on "non-guaranteed" bandwidth.

OT: which was the blackfriday E3 offer?