Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ColoCrossing and New York?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ColoCrossing and New York?

tech163tech163 Member
edited January 2013 in General

http://www.colocrossing.com/datacenter/newyork/ny1 specifies that the datacenter is in mid-Manhattan in NYC, but most providers who use ColoCrossing are providing servers in Buffalo. What am I missing here?

Comments

• GEO is saying: Location: New York, New York, United States (US)

• We have 2 servers in their NYC, NY location and 4 in their Buffalo, NY. Only their NYC, NY ones were effected in 2012 by the Hurricanes which was nice. We also have 8 servers in their LA location, however the last couple weeks their network has been iffy there, we have been reassured they are fixing it.

If anyone wants to test latency to their different DCs:

NYC: nynode1.mpserv.net
    Buffalo: nynode3.mpserv.net
    LA: lanode1.mpserv.net

• @concerto49 also got servers in NY @ colocrossing

• Actually I believe that DC is Voxel's in NYC.

• @amarc said: @Jono20201 you possibly offer VPS's form NYC ?

We use the two machines in NYC for Minecraft Hosting. We actually have more machines in their Buffalo place than I first though, some we resell to customers and also a 3 other machines. 2 for OpenVZ and one for our main site.

• grillmastergrillmaster Member
    edited January 2013

Are there any providers here with the NYC, NY location?

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited January 2013

@tech163 said: What am I missing here?

NYC is more expensive than Buffalo and has higher security. It's been around for much longer. Buffalo is their newer location that they have been promoting.

• I think the closest we'll get to an LEB in NYC is probably an LEB from any of the providers in Choopa.

• @ihatetonyy said: I think the closest we'll get to an LEB in NYC is probably an LEB from any of the providers in Choopa.

Isn't that New Jersey? It's still not NYC.

• @concerto49 said: It's still not NYC.

Depending on who you ask it's in the "NYC Metro area"

• Piscataway, is pretty much, as close to NYC metro as your gonna get.

Choopa now offers 10Gbps optical wavelength service, between it's major NYC POP's. Choopa's Wavelength service is a managed product delivering protected 10Gbps Ethernet circuits using diverse paths, or unprotected fiber paths leveraging Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM). Choopa's abundance of network connectivity in the NYC Metro area enables Low Latency, Secure, Error Free, and Resilient connections

• What would be the interest like for NYC anyway considering there already is New Jersey and Buffalo?

• Pretty much only for FOREX and stock trading, every ms matters there.

• curtisgcurtisg Banned
    edited January 2013

@tech163 said: in Buffalo. What am I missing here?

You get the best discounts in Buffalo...

Intel E3-1240V2
    32GB RAM
    4x 1TB RE4 HDD
    LSI 9260-4i w/ BBU

I can use colocrossing and get this in buffalo with a /27 ip stack for $199 a month(on a 24 month contract however - no set up fees).

• @curtisg said: I can use colocrossing and get this in buffalo with a /27 ip stack for $199 a month(on a 24 month contract however - no set up fees).

100mbit or 1gigabit? How much bandwidth?

@curtisg said: LSI 9260-4i w/ BBU

LSI-9260 or LSI-9266? There's a big difference.

Anyhow, we've got our own deals.

• I'd love to have an extremely low-end VPS in NYC to host my Git repository :P