Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

123Systems - share your experience
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

123Systems - share your experience

lookingbadlookingbad Member
edited November 2011 in General

hi all my let users

i want to buy a vps from 123systems 192mb plan....

can any one share their experience ?

or suggested me any good deal around ....

Comments

• Uptime is ok for me, their support is crap!

Thanked by 2Asim tux
  • @les
    r u experience any downtime?

• 1-2 on my dallas box since march.

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited November 2011

In case you decided to get 192 plan, they sent a limited time offer which is still running:

This package will be available for the next 72 hours and once time has expired (Or stock has been depleated) this package will no longer be available! The plans details are below:

Instant Setup!

Guaranteed RAM: 256MB
    Burstable RAM: 512MB
    Disk Space: 10GB
    Bandwidth: 500GB/Month
    2 CPU Cores
    1 IP Address
    SolusVM Control Panel

$20.00/Year (USD)

Direct order Link: https://123systems.net/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=128

They have a good chunk of negative reviews, with some good reviews as well, but I haven't had service with them myself to tell.

• @LES said: Uptime is ok for me, their support is crap!

Says it all

• Uptime is great, service is not superb but it good for the price ($15/y 192MB).

Don't know about their support, never needed it so far.

• can i go with them..

• @verdan
    can i go with them...

• seriously if you think u can handle most of the setup alone without getting much of the support to ask darn question, for that price, its good to go with them. Provided you dont expect sky high service with peanut USD15/yr

• @cripperz said: seriously if you think u can handle most of the setup alone without getting much of the support to ask darn question, for that price, its good to go with them.

That is the idea in unmanaged.

I just need 3 types of tickets, and ANY other issue is OUT of unmanaged:

1. Enable tun plz
    2. My VPS is down/have problems/is slow.
    3. My VPS was down, I want to claim SLA.

And they doesn't respond or do it in a long time and in a bad way.

I have several boxes. Overall they work "fine". Expect low I/O performance, decent uptime, but when there are problems, expect results several hours later.

Suppossedly with their last comment HERE, they changed some new personal and all of us will be happy lol, but not sure yet n_n.

• @yomero said: Enable tun plz

My VPS is down/have problems/is slow.
    My VPS was down, I want to claim SLA.

You can expect Moore (123S owner, sole staff member) to ignore those tickets with the same frequency that he ignored the messages I sent to him saying "Pay your bills before I evict you".

• OMG, he was your client? :S

• Yup, 123S started out as a BuyVM reseller, primarily as a 'personal favour' as Moore was the one that originally gave us the buyvm.net domain. Then, a month or two after we were successful, started demanding to be compensated for 'his missed business opportunity'.

Needless to say, that didn't go over well at all.

• @Aldryic said: Then, a month or two after we were successful, started demanding to be compensated for 'his missed business opportunity'.

This says all anyone needs to know about the man behind the provider. As if the dozens of other bad reviews weren't enough. 123 is on my avoid list regardless of how cheap they go. You can do better, vote with your wallet.

Thanked by 1drmike
  • AdamAdam Member
    edited November 2011

@yomero said: 3. My VPS was down, I want to claim SLA.

This point was a pain for me. A day or two after getting the VPS it went down for a few hours twice. I sent a ticket to their tech that the box was having problems, of which he confirmed.
    Later the next day when I claimed for SLA. I needed to provide ping based monitoring reports even though they knew the box was down. But I kicked up a fuss and got a free month :)

Personally I wouldn't go with them again. (I don't buy yearly packages though).

• @lookingbad said: i want to buy a vps from 123systems 192mb plan....

can any one share their experience ?

or suggested me any good deal around ....

'Nuff said about 123 IMO.

For a quality lowend OpenVZ, look to the reliable providers like Hostigation and SecureDragon.

• I've got one in Dallas with 99.42% network uptime, but I've got a bunch of VPS. If I had to only get a single VPS, it definitely wouldn't be from them.

Plenty of other providers with comparable plans.

• I've had a 192MB plan with them for half a year now. Goes down maybe 2-4 times a month for a half hour or hour each. Uptime robot says 99.5% uptime....which is lower than the atom box I have sitting at home. On the other hand, It's running a small rails app I'm tinkering with and will handle a free loadimpact test without the loadtimes increasing. I wouldn't use it for anything too serious, but for $15 it's a good deal and pretty useable. Never tried support...on this or any other VPS.

• @all thanks for reply

• I know of a guy that advertises them... but fail horribly at webhosting...

• @lookingbad said: @all thanks for reply

I am thinking on register that "all" user n_n