Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My day with datashack.net
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My day with datashack.net

I ordered a 35$ plan that comes with 32gigs of ram and 2tb of hd.
Ok, nice price for a good specs but since they plugged the server on, it was one problem after another.
The server came with 28 gigs of ram, the other 4 gigs the support team said the bios blocked "bad dimm" so they had to change it.
Then the server started to reboot, they took the server off for 4 hours and had to format the system.
Then the ram amout was wrong again, this time with 24 gigs... took another 4 hours to fix it... they had to format AGAIN...
There was it for me... the first 24hours made me ask for a refund... nice support team but their servers are just aweful.

Comments

• So, basically, you lose RAM at a fairly steady rate of about 1GB/hr.

• smansman Member
    edited January 2016

32gigs + 2tb for $35 and you are having problems? Shocking.

• Servers do their job here. Just a bit hit and miss with their network

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • singsingsingsing Member
    edited January 2016

sman said: 32gigs + 2tb for $35 and you are having problems? Shocking.

Nothing wrong with expecting to get what you paid for. I think OP should've given them more time (or chances) to fix it though.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • smansman Member
    edited January 2016

@singsing said:
    Nothing wrong with expecting to get what you paid for. I think OP should've given them more time (or chances) to fix it though.

Yea, for those specs at that price what could possibly go wrong.

• I'm affraid Of losing my data by all this formatting here and there and I should get what I ordered no matter how much I paid for.

• Doesn't sound very good...

• Could've been worse. I got a server from them and it had a bad HDD, but they replaced it and loaded a new OS on to it in less than an hour and not to mention, this was in the middle of the night. They are unmanaged servers as well, so you should be happy with what they did for you.

• @ub3rstar said:
    Could've been worse. I got a server from them and it had a bad HDD, but they replaced it and loaded a new OS on to it in less than an hour and not to mention, this was in the middle of the night. They are unmanaged servers as well, so you should be happy with what they did for you.

I never asked them to help me install anything. Just asked them to provide what I ordered, server4you are unmanaged servers too and they help with these stuffs too. If your hdd stops they should replace it... Its not a favor its something they MUST do

Thanked by 1risharde
  • Cool story.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • rokokrokok Member
    edited January 2016

ub3rstar said: They are unmanaged servers as well, so you should be happy with what they did for you.

Not arguing how much you pay for it, Hardware error related and missconfigured default server is not part of "unmanage" things, it should be the basic SLA.

• Cool, can't wait for tomorrow's story :)

• @cassa said:
    Cool, can't wait for tomorrow's story :)

theres not gonna be one, I've got a refund :D

• ub3rstar said: They are unmanaged servers as well, so you should be happy with what they did for you.

"Unmanaged" means they don't help you fix problems with the OS or server software. They still have to fully support the hardware (or virtual hardware) up to the OS boundary. The next step of autonomy is co-location, where the customer is responsible for their own hardware.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • funny, never did have such issues with 'em. everything came as ordered and fast :)