Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email Issues...again
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email Issues...again

PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
edited January 2013 in Help

I had email issues once before.

I've tried 2 things: PHP mail and SMTP. I was trying to use Mandrill/SendGrid at one point which worked absolutely fine only my host decided they won't whitelist the hostname and can only whitelist individual IP's (and both services IP's change regularly). So the firewall is blocking everything to do with external providers.

I've tried PHP mail and I've tried using my local email with SMTP and it just goes straight into my spam box. I have the SPF record configured correctly too.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Depends on the email provider
    I know from hotmail that it goes directly into spam and that you need to contact them to get your domain whitelisted

• If you haven't already look at configuring DKIM for your smtp http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DomainKeys_Identified_Mail

• @dominicl said: was trying to use Mandrill/SendGrid at one point which worked absolutely fine only my host decided they won't whitelist the hostname and can only whitelist individual IP's

Might be best to find a new host.

Are you on gmail? Gmail will give reasons for why an email was sent to spam.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@Damian said: Might be best to find a new host.

Yeah, while their technical support is slow (and not the best), they are a great host and I like the people behind them. They're friendly and are helpful but if something can't be done then it can't be done. Looks like I'll be using PHPmail then.

@Damian said: Are you on gmail? Gmail will give reasons for why an email was sent to spam.

Certainly am :) Will check that, thank you.