Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Freelance job: Server Optimization + Memory Caching
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Freelance job: Server Optimization + Memory Caching

serverianserverian Member
edited January 2013 in General

I have a client that needs his server optimized. We also may need to setup some memory caching. I'm not sure if this has to be done in the PHP application, if so, you tell me what to do and I'll do it.

His server is Hetzner EX10: http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex10

He also has his OS and mysql in a SSD.

He's using cPanel + Litespeed web server.

The memory usage is currently 14GB and server load is 10.

We want to cache the php pages and mysql in the memory and lower the load and loading time of the pages.

Please PM.

Comments

• I've already helped several LET members with similar issues (successfully of course), if you like you can drop me a line :)

• jhjh Member

PM sent :)

• http://mysqltuner.pl

That is all.

• Google for creating RAMdisk tutorials, don't pay for something so simple

• AmfyAmfy Member
    edited January 2013

@BronzeByte said: Google for creating RAMdisk tutorials, don't pay for something so simple

It's not about that he pays for executing a handful of commands, he's paying for the knowledge and experience the person who is doing that has. It's all about sticking the right things together.
    If it would be that simple, good experienced sysadmins wouldn't make good money :)

Also if he really needs a ramdisk, then "some more" things have to be done around that instead of just mount -t tmpfs tmpfs /var/lib/mysql

I hate it, if people think scaling environments, are just like installing nginx instead of apache.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@serverian - I'd definitely recommend @jhadley. He's done some bits for me and definitely gets it done quickly and his prices are amazing :)

Give him a go.

• @Amfy

System admins don't earn good unless for big companies we have 0 knowledge, but a good sysadmin earns good money because they can quickly solve problems. And RAMdisking or SSDing /var/lib/mysql doesn't work, you said PHP files. Google for MySQL optimizations tutorials or hire a sysadmin if you're lazy...

• @BronzeByte: You haven't got any of my points, but anyway I neither want to discuss on this topic with you further nor do I want to hijack @serverian thread.

• @serverian said: He's using cPanel + Litespeed web server

Install memcache/memcached and run mysqltunner, maybe reconfigure to use ssd caching as well, as straigh ssd is not helping, same with litespeed, he is wasting threads that apache could be using, litespeed is just a toilet for cash.

• I can recommend @Amfy for his help on a fairly big project from a client of mine :)

• tsantentsanten Member
    edited January 2013

@djvdorp said: I can recommend @Amfy for his help on a fairly big project from a client of mine :)

He gets my recommendation to

• Yep, @Amfy got a few things working for me. Can definitely say a great/experienced guy!

• @Amfy what more can you expect here?

• Basically, whatever app you have running will need to be able to able to interface with memcached, or whatever caching mechanism you have running.

For PHP, APC mostly works great. You can code specific things with that in mind as well.

MySQL -> Memcache Object Cache + MySQLTuner can gets loads of things done.

I'd present myself as a candidate too, but looks like this is already crowded as is. Best of luck!

• Thanks for the tuner, it really helped my heavy database site :)