Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Market research VPSFlex
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Market research VPSFlex

Hi I'm launching my server company soon using Virtkick and I was wondering if you could tell me what you would like a really good plan to have for vps servers such as ram and hdd and so on as I'm planning to create a special low end talk plan for launch day

Cheers
John

Thanked by 1rokok

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

You are just giving 15% of your revenue to virtkick?

• Yeah the software is amazing I have been testing it for months and their support is great

• You offer we purchase. Not the opposite

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Awmusic12635 said:
    You are just giving 15% of your revenue to virtkick?

Isn't it more like virtkick handles your entire business and then hands you a check after they take their cut? Since they run the billing system and all, seems like a provider using them is barely a provider at all. Basically turns picking a provider into choosing your favorite ticket replies...

Maybe I'm wrong about it, but from the outside looking in I'd have to trust the provider before they want into something like this as it seems like it turns "VPS company" into something even more dramatically turnkey than WHMCS+SolusVM ever did.

• Please don't. We're not that desperate for drama.

vpsflex said: Hi I'm launching my server company soon using Virtkick and I was wondering if you could tell me what you would like a really good plan to have for vps servers such as ram and hdd and so on as I'm planning to create a special low end talk plan for launch day

• I can see it being good and bad. On the good side it could allow a provider to focus more on the customer service and the underlying hardware knowing that the software side of things is managed. On the bad side this could be abused and someone could just not care, throw whatever hardware at it, and sit back.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

file said: On the bad side this could be abused and someone could just not care, throw whatever hardware at it, and sit back

And that's kind of something this place is famous for already thanks to the ease of WHMCS+SolusVM for basically making a turnkey company with no knowledge of how to do it. Lowering that barrier for entry, in my opinion, would make people around here quite uneasy when they spot it being utilized :)

• Indeed. We shall see how things unfold with Virtkick usage in the future...

• That software's surely not worth 15% of your revenue. If you manage to earn $30000 a year for example, that's fucking $4500 just for software cost instead of solusvm+vhmcs $whatever X 12.

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jarland said:
    jarland said: Isn't it more like virtkick handles your entire business and then hands you a check after they take their cut?

Well, you still have to purchase and admin your servers, network, storage, and operating systems :-)

Unless I'm grossly misunderstanding their website...it's "billing + CP in the cloud" but it connects to your gear.

But I agree that I think all Virtkick providers will look the same...though then again, so do a lot of "ThemeForest template with a rocket+WHMCS default theme" providers.

Thanked by 2jar Junkless
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@GM2015 said:
    That software's surely not worth 15% of your revenue. If you manage to earn $30000 a year for example, that's fucking $4500 just for software cost instead of solusvm+vhmcs $whatever X 12.

Well, the most VPS Providers are small, and they maybe get 1-5 Big ones, and you need to pay your employs. So well, i think its balanced.

• Hi guys with virtkick you have to hook up your dedicated servers using their APIs and then they manage payments and billing and I mange tech support and the website plans and so on . when you cost it out it works out great.