Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened to zpanel ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What happened to zpanel ?

Hi

I have been off the web for a while and I just noticed zpanel forum and website has gone

Do anyone know what happened?

Cheers
John

Thanked by 1rokok

Comments

• Dead. Vulnerable. Shit. So nothing happened

• Deadpool

• LeeLee Veteran

vpsflex said: I have been off the web for a while and I just noticed zpanel forum and website has gone

Same shit under a different name http://www.sentora.org/

Thanked by 3netomx Pwner xavier
  • get your self a vestcp. solution done.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited December 2015

@PetaByet said:
    Deadpool

You did it wrong. It's supposed to be "/deadpool" for proper recognition :p

• @TheGreenMY said:
    get your self a vestcp. solution done.

@mpkossen agrees

• @TheGreenMY said:
    get your self a vestcp. solution done.

Don't ever use VestaCP in a production environment.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

With commercial, good, well known panels costing peanuts, I don't see why would you use buggy, unstable and vulnerable projects. That's asking for trouble.

Thanked by 3Mad GCat WebProject
  • mpkossen said: Don't ever use VestaCP in a production environment.

Security issues ? What is wrong with VestaCP? I was loving it :)

• DreamCaster said: Security issues ? What is wrong with VestaCP? I was loving it :)

mpkossen said: Please, no more VestaCP. It's a security disaster waiting to happen. The way that code is set up... Boy... I've seen people being fired for less.

Doesn't mean I don't appreciate the author's effort, though. It's just not something I'd recommend people to use in a production environment.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • mpk said that a year ago

drazilox said: drazilox Member

4:14PM FlagThanks

• GM2015 said: mpk said that a year ago

And the code is still set up the same way.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • I would choose Virtualmin over VestaCP

Thanked by 2mpkossen Rolter
  • I always recommend cpanel for production environments, it's very well supported, documented and is easy to use.

For personal projects I use ispmanager lite edition. At only €4 per month for a license it's significantly cheaper than cpanel yet quite fully featured.

• WHTWHT Member
    edited December 2015

Everyone speaks for security issues but noone knows what issues are. Care someone to explain why should we not use VestaCP, zPanel, Senorita ;) etc..

• @WHT said:
    Everyone speaks for security issues but noone knows what issues are. Care someone to explain why should we not use VestaCP, zPanel, Senorita ;) etc..

zPanel has countless issues, senatora is a zPanel disaster waiting to happeb

• @WHT said:

Search let yourself.

• Okay, there are plenty of reasons not to use zPanel or their new fork Senorita, but VestaCP seems to be fine. Unless mpkossen is an all knowing god, it would be best to take his opinion with a mountain of salt. (And yes, he'll cry all over it)

• Spent $9 for late night New Year's Eve drive-thru. Same amount for a cPanel license.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited January 2016

@0xdragon said:
    Okay, there are plenty of reasons not to use zPanel or their new fork Senorita, but VestaCP seems to be fine. Unless mpkossen is an all knowing god, it would be best to take his opinion with a mountain of salt. (And yes, he'll cry all over it)

Easy kid, it's not good to keep holding such a grudge for such a long time. There's better things to do in life.

It's time for a car analogy :-)

VestaCP is like a Rover 100 (Rover Metro/Austin Metro). Very badly constructed and as soon as you hit something it (and you) disintegrates. It works, though. I just wouldn't want to take the risk of driving it.

What you want is something like a Volvo, which has been built properly from the start and can take a few blows before it gets a scratch or a dent. That's something I would like to drive. I personally think Virtualmin falls into this category and probably cPanel as well (as far as we can judge that code).

So, if you want my advice (and everybody is free to ignore this), please don't take the risk of running VestaCP for your own sake and/or that of your customers.

• RolterRolter Member
    edited January 2016

@sin said:
    I would choose Virtualmin over VestaCP

+1

Virtualmin/Webmin does take some getting used to , but its awesome ...It helmed me in getting better at managing my servers ...

Thanked by 1sin
  • mpkossen said: Easy kid, it's not good to keep holding such a grudge for such a long time. There's better things to do in life.

Bud, I'm not holding a grudge. But please, point out the actual flaws instead of just saying stuff.

Thanked by 1WHT
  • nordenorde Member
    edited January 2016

zPanel was not very secure, ISP Config is probably the best open source panel - I'd say there is not much need for panels though

• @0xdragon said:
    Bud, I'm not holding a grudge. But please, point out the actual flaws instead of just saying stuff.

I did several times, but you don't seem to understand them or you don't consider them flaws.

What you must realize is that I'm just giving my advice (based on my experience as a programmer) and personal opinion in the hopes of helping others. The fact that you may not agree with that shouldn't be a reason for you to make juvenile remarks about what I say.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • This was my _first _time checking VestaCP source on github, honestly it is just HORRIBLE.

Doing stuff like "exec(blablabla.$_GET["something"])" is just not acceptable.

Session management is <insert appropriate word here>.

Please DON'T use it!

Thanked by 1boernd
  • WHTWHT Member
    edited January 2016

Dont use it because the code is bad its same as do not drive it because the color is bad or the engine is bad (without pointing something). This is not fair for the developers. They spent months maybe years to do it for us and then as thank you for the developer someone is saying do not use it its bad coded. If you guys are programers you could start to contribute and write some peace of new code.

Am using zpanel for a long time and I got more issues with cpanel then zpanel.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • @WHT said:
    Dont use it because the code is bad its same as do not drive it because the color is bad or the engine is bad (without pointing something). This is not fair for the developers. They spent months maybe years to do it for us and then as thank you for the developer someone is saying do not use it its bad coded. If you guys are programers you could start to contribute and write some peace of new code.

Am using zpanel for a long time and I got more issues with cpanel then zpanel.

Go ahead use it, just don't cry here when you get hacked.

• WHTWHT Member

@popx said:
    Go ahead use it, just don't cry here when you get hacked.

How can I get hacked? What part of the program have a backdor? Tell me or shut up.

• @WHT said:

Chill, almost every single PHP part is very very poorly coded.

1) session management
    2) excessive usage of "exec" and directly passing $_GET
    3) templating
    4) no CSRF protection
    5) MANY more things

but hey, if you like it go ahead and use it :>